Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Predictions
(08-11-2016, 02:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe so, but nobody talks about Brady's age (39) and he has to fall off at some point. Not only is his age against him, he won't be allowed to even practice with the team during those 4 weeks, so it's tough to imagine him hitting the ground running. 

It's very possible that the Pats will just steamroll through the adversity, but if there's any year where they'll finally start to tumble, this year looks like a good bet.

The Patriots live and die by the health of Gronk. Gronk is due for an injury riiiight?

Without Gronk, Brady wouldn't look nearly as good as he does lately. He doesn't have a ton of legit receivers outside of Edelman, and Edelman is having injury issues in camp so far. Never want to overlook the Patriots, but the whole "Brady is going to be angry and unbeatable" thing is fictional imo.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 02:59 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He has not had a lot of serious injury, and I've always read that his training regimen is insane (my guess is that sleeping next to Giselle every night tends to keep you "young").  I saw where Goodell ruled he is not even allowed to throw a football to any of the Patriot wide receivers at his house during the suspension.  I personally think that is BS... these guys are employees, not indentured servants.  What they do on their own time, and on their own property, as long as it does not break any laws, is their own business.

Agreed on both of these ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 09:10 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: IF this plays out, I will be the first to nominate you the Jungle Noise Governor and offer to run your campaign!!!    ThumbsUp

I will give credit where it is due...it took him a long time, but Marvin has altered his design with the postseason in mind in terms of health and energy of his players.  I know, 0-7, and it is about time, but I could see a different team...even with a backup QB....heading in to the playoffs last year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 02:59 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He has not had a lot of serious injury, and I've always read that his training regimen is insane (my guess is that sleeping next to Giselle every night tends to keep you "young").  I saw where Goodell ruled he is not even allowed to throw a football to any of the Patriot wide receivers at his house during the suspension.  I personally think that is BS... these guys are employees, not indentured servants.  What they do on their own time, and on their own property, as long as it does not break any laws, is their own business.

Neither did Favre, but 40 is 40 and as they say - father time is undefeated. He may come out and throw 35 TDs in 12 games. All I'm saying is he's at that age where no one should be surprised if he shows signs of decline.

I agree on the last part of your post though. I'd say it sounds personal at this point. Brady tried to take on Goodell, and Goodell just seems to be rubbing Brady's nose in it at this point. It's hard to feel sympathy for the Pats though. If any team bends the rules, it's them. I'm not real fond of Goodell either though.

(08-11-2016, 02:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The Patriots live and die by the health of Gronk. Gronk is due for an injury riiiight?

Without Gronk, Brady wouldn't look nearly as good as he does lately. He doesn't have a ton of legit receivers outside of Edelman, and Edelman is having injury issues in camp so far. Never want to overlook the Patriots, but the whole "Brady is going to be angry and unbeatable" thing is fictional
imo. 

Yup. Honestly, Gronk may be what's keeping Brady "young". Brady's deep ball fell off several years ago, but the middle of the field is always an option with Gronk there. Brady was very pedestrian when Gronk was out a couple seasons ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm still under the firm belief that BengalGuy71 is a Steeler imposter. Always predicts we will fold and that the Steelers will win it all.

We have lost 2 rookies who had an unconfirmed amount of contribution to the team. I don't see them impacting the record with their injuries.

10-6, 11-5, these are solid predictions. 8-8 is shooting low, and you are sounding like Heath Evans.

You can believe all you want to, but until this team shows me that they can play the Steelers like the Ravens do, not responding to the cage rattling the Steelers will do to them, then I will give credit where credit is due.

I think the Bengals used to be intimidated by the Steelers but since Adam Jones and Burfict have come along, that intimidation factor isn't working for the Steelers anymore, so they are shooting for after whistle penalties, by pushing their buttons.

This could be the year this team figures it out and stops letting them get under their skin.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You can believe all you want to, but until this team shows me that they can play the Steelers like the Ravens do, not responding to the cage rattling the Steelers will do to them, then I will give credit where credit is due.

I think the Bengals used to be intimidated by the Steelers but since Adam Jones and Burfict have come along, that intimidation factor isn't working for the Steelers anymore, so they are shooting for after whistle penalties, by pushing their buttons.

This could be the year this team figures it out and stops letting them get under their skin.

I hope this is true.  But then they'd resort to their next tactic:  Having Bell smoke blunts with our team to slow them all down at halftime... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:08 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: I hope this is true.  But then they'd resort to their next tactic:  Having Bell smoke blunts with our team to slow them all down at halftime... Ninja

So they'll all be cramming into the training room with bell?

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You can believe all you want to, but until this team shows me that they can play the Steelers like the Ravens do, not responding to the cage rattling the Steelers will do to them, then I will give credit where credit is due.

In fairness, the Ravens may play the Steelers well, but they've been owned by the Bengals for a long time. 4 straight losses and Marv has an overall winning record against them. I don't even think it's all that close. Flacco has a career 71.9 rating against us.

The Steelers have owned the Bengals for the most part, but we've had some pretty big wins over them in key games. Knocking them out of the playoffs in '12 comes to mind. Beat them in Heinz last year when our QB was healthy. Had them dead to rights in the playoffs. 

Also, be honest - do you predict that the Steelers pull off a sweep this year? I don't.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In fairness, the Ravens may play the Steelers well, but they've been owned by the Bengals for a long time. 4 straight losses and Marv has an overall winning record against them. I don't even think it's all that close. Flacco has a career 71.9 rating against us.

The Steelers have owned the Bengals for the most part, but we've had some pretty big wins over them in key games. Knocking them out of the playoffs in '12 comes to mind. Beat them in Heinz last year when our QB was healthy. Had them dead to rights in the playoffs. 

Also, be honest - do you predict that the Steelers pull off a sweep this year? I don't.

Point One Shake - That's the irony of these 3 teams.  Bengals have owned the Ravens, Ravens have owned the Steelers, and the Steelers have owned the Bengals?????  Crazy!!!

My prediction for the Steelers games are based on how the first game goes.  Meaning?

1.  How they respond to the Steelers ***** slapping.  
2.  In the last 5 years, counting the playoff game, the Bengals are 3 and 9 against the Steelers, and 2 of the 3 wins have come AT Pittsburgh.

If they win in Pittsburgh, without Burfict, and don't respond to the ***** slapping, I say they got a good shot at a sweep, however they have a hard time beating them at home for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:46 PM),bengalguy71 Wrote: Point One Shake - That's the irony of these 3 teams.  Bengals have owned the Ravens, Ravens have owned the Steelers, and the Steelers have owned the Bengals?????  Crazy!!!

My prediction for the Steelers games are based on how the first game goes.  Meaning?

1.  How they respond to the Steelers ***** slapping.  
2.  In the last 5 years, counting the playoff game, the Bengals are 3 and 9 against the Steelers, and 2 of the 3 wins have come AT Pittsburgh.

If they win in Pittsburgh, without Burfict, and don't respond to the ***** slapping, I say they got a good shot at a sweep, however they have a hard time beating them at home for some reason.

Since 2012, the Bengals are 3-5 vs the Steelers in regular season. The average score is Steelers- 23 Bengals- 18. I wouldn't exactly call that a "***** slapping". 

That's even including a game where our starting QB got knocked out on the first drive of the game. All I'm saying is that there's reasons for optimism going forward. I'm looking forward to our games with the Steelers this year. I doubt the Steelers' offense feels the same way.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 07:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Since 2012, the Bengals are 3-5 vs the Steelers in regular season. The average score is Steelers- 23 Bengals- 18. I wouldn't exactly call that a "***** slapping". 

That's even including a game where our starting QB got knocked out on the first drive of the game. All I'm saying is that there's reasons for optimism going forward. I'm looking forward to our games with the Steelers this year. I doubt the Steelers' offense feels the same way.

The ***** slapping has nothing to do with the score or intimidation.  What I was referring to is the 'button pushing' (***** slapping) that the Steelers use as a tactic and the Bengals are sucked in by responding with after whistle fouls.  The Bengals are no longer intimidated by them, but still respond to the Steeler 'taunting'.

Again, the 3 games they've won, only one has been at home.
Reply/Quote
Ok regular season with an outstanding post season and a Superbowl victory.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 08:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The ***** slapping has nothing to do with the score or intimidation.  What I was referring to is the 'button pushing' (***** slapping) that the Steelers use as a tactic and the Bengals are sucked in by responding with after whistle fouls.  The Bengals are no longer intimidated by them, but still respond to the Steeler 'taunting'.

Again, the 3 games they've won, only one has been at home.

Gotcha. I've never heard button pressing referred to as a ***** slap, so it threw me off.

I agree 100%. The Bengals are well past being intimidated by them, but they fall for the mind games and they aren't able to remain disciplined while playing physical/chippy. The Steelers have that down to a science.
Reply/Quote
11-5 regular season.* (Losses: @Cowboys, @Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, and one of the two Browns games in which they'll play up and the Bengals will play down.)

First round playoff loss.

- - - - - - - - -
*Standard disclaimer that if TJ Yates is starting for the Texans in Week 16, the Bengals will lose that game, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 01:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Watching the Offense without Eifert and without Sanu and Jones, something is a bit off...  I am a bit worried how much other teams will double down on Green...   I am going to be optimistic but I am thinking 10-6..

I think it's too soon to worry.  But we need Eifert back early in the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 06:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So they'll all be cramming into the training room with bell?

That's about the only tactic the Stoolers will have left.  Since Bryant is already suspended for the year, he'll be back there during the entire first half rolling them up for Bell.  And since we're supposedly cleaning up our after-whistle stuff and no longer are intimidated by the black and piss-colored unis, about the only trick they might have left to beat us this year would be getting us all high at halftime -  Then Bell can just skip his drug test again, claim he got yet another new cell phone number, and the league will probably do nothing to him again, since obviously everybody loves them some Steelers, especially in the league office.  (and I know he's "supposed" to be suspended to start the year, but I bet his appeal wins out and the league realizes him playing will generate more viewers and thus more revenue and thus reverse his suspension-but I also hate the Steelers, so maybe I'm just paranoid at this point LOL)
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 07:55 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think it's too soon to worry.  But we need Eifert back early in the season.

Agree the steelers and patriots are dealing with suspensions for the first quarter of the season. Yes we have some injuries but hopefully Eifert gets back quickly and we can lean on the running game.  

10-6 AFC North Champs and at least 1 playoff win.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 10:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gotcha. I've never heard button pressing referred to as a ***** slap, so it threw me off.

I agree 100%. The Bengals are well past being intimidated by them, but they fall for the mind games and they aren't able to remain disciplined while playing physical/chippy. The Steelers have that down to a science.

EXACTLY!  However, my hope is that the Bengals can overcome that this year and play with that poised, methodical, patient 'push' that the Ravens also have down to a science, when it comes to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 10:40 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: EXACTLY!  However, my hope is that the Bengals can overcome that this year and play with that poised, methodical, patient 'push' that the Ravens also have down to a science, when it comes to the Steelers.

I've hoped that for a long time...  but still hope the same this year!!!  Rock On But at least the refs probably won't let the Stoolers' assistant coaches on the field anymore this year...  or maybe they will, cuz hey, they're the Steelers
Reply/Quote
Week 1 @ Jets: I really like the Jets team. And believe this is going to be one of the harder games the Bengals play all year. With that said, I see the Bengals having a chip on their shoulder and squeezing out a win here. W

Week 2 @ Steelers: This is one of the highlighted games for the Bengals this year. It's going to be tough. It's going to be hard. But, judging by how the playoffs went last year, think the Bengals squeeze one out of here. W

Week 3 Broncos: That defensive line is arguably the best out there with rushing the QB. The defensive backs are no joke. But that offense is lackluster, especially with Sanchez most likely starting. Think it's a low scoring game, but Bengals win it. W

Week 4 Dolphins: I'm not a fan of Tannehill. Believe that defense is good, but I just don't believe in their QB. First national game, and think the Bengals go out and make a statement early on. W

Week 5 @ Cowboys: They have Romo and Bryant so there's always a possibility of them scoring. Who knows what they have in Zeke and that offensive line is the best out there. However, they have a pretty bad defense. Think Bengals win in shootout. W

Week 6 @ Patriots: Brady is coming back. It's a huge game for the Patriots because I don't think Garoppolo is going to do well so they could very well be below .500. Think this game goes in favor of the Pats in a tough game in the beginning, but lose in the end. L

Week 7 Browns: See this as being a trap type of game and a hard fought one as well. Browns have a lot of pieces on that team but always struggle. Think this is going to be hard fought and the Bengals win it, but it won't be easy. W

Week 8 Redskins: Ironic that the Bengals go against two former coaches in a row. Cousins has a lot of qualities that Dalton has, and they have quietly put together some good pieces. But don't think they're on the Bengals level just yet. W

Week 9 @ Giants: Eli Manning deserves a lot of credit for the past 2 years. He's had some great ones and that passing attack will be difficult. With that said, just like with Dallas, they lack a defense. Think this is another shootout the Bengals edge out. W

Week 10 Bills: Think this is the year the Bills push for a playoff spot. They seem to be believing in Ryan's system and I see this as a make or break game for them just like we saw with the Texans. Think this goes as a loss for the Bengals. L

Week 11 @ Ravens: I don't see much to the Ravens in all honesty. They haven't drafted well as of late and I just don't think they're going to be a good team. Bengals have done really well against them the past 3 years. W

Week 12 Eagles: Who knows who their QB is going to be with Bradford's injury history and also lackluster play. Think they will have an interesting offense, but they're rebuilding and don't see them stopping the Bengals. W

Week 13 @ Browns: Going to be another tough game and think the Browns will have a decent record. However, Bengals are looking at that #1 seed and don't want to mess up. They keep moving on. W

Week 14 Steelers: This is the game of the year. There's no doubt about it. Think it's going to be hard hitting. It's going to be dirty. It's going to be crazy. But I believe the Bengals sweep the Steelers for the first time since 2009. W

Week 15 @ Texans: This has slip up written all over it and who knows what injuries have taken place because of the Steelers game (happens every year to both teams). Love that defense, they're on the rise. I want to make this a win, but think they have a let down game after the Steelers. L

Week 16 Ravens: Again, I don't see the Ravens as a good football team right now. They're in rebuilding mode and their drafted players haven't shown up at all as of late. Think this a pretty easy win. W

Overall Record: 13-3
The Jets and two Steelers games I feel can go either way. But worst case scenario with what I predict, they still go 10-6 and could still make the playoffs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote