Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Tickets Arrived!!!
One of my favorite days is when the season tickets arrive...

This year, there was a sweet banner that had the Bengals 50 with the years underneath, and it said at the top "Bengals Season Ticket Holder". Man cave, meet banner...

Love it. It was a simple gesture, but I love it!!!!

Wish I was skilled at posting pics...I would show everyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 11:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of my favorite days is when the season tickets arrive...

This year, there was a sweet banner that had the Bengals 50 with the years underneath, and it said at the top "Bengals Season Ticket Holder".  Man cave, meet banner...

Love it.  It was a simple gesture, but I love it!!!!

Finally getting my own GAMEPASS. Not splitting this year. Similar feeling?  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 11:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of my favorite days is when the season tickets arrive...

This year, there was a sweet banner that had the Bengals 50 with the years underneath, and it said at the top "Bengals Season Ticket Holder".  Man cave, meet banner...

But did you get your free bag of popcorn?  Or does Mike save that for the second preseason game...
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 01:42 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Finally getting my own GAMEPASS. Not splitting this year. Similar feeling?  Hilarious

I think it is pretty damn awesome!!!

You have to understand...based on when I got out of college, I wanted Bengal's season tickets before I bought things like:

A place to live
Work Clothes
A Car

The PSLs were coming up for the new stadium and I had saved for it and bought my way in before getting just about anything else.  I had only been to maybe 4 games growing up, but I wanted to be there so badly.  It was the first item on my bucket list.  

Oh, and when I was interviewing in Nashville, I thought "Heck, I will just drive up Saturday nights and stay at my folks"!
I ended up staying in Centerville, but you get the point.  I wanted these things more than anything.  My reward was a decade of crap.  No longer!  They are a contender and are going to win in all this year.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 02:13 AM)JumboTron Wrote: But did you get your free bag of popcorn?  Or does Mike save that for the second preseason game...

I get the cynicism, but I bet you aren't aware that a few years ago, my season ticket price DROPPED from $68 per ticket to just $50.  I am in the front row of the highest bowl and I love our seats.  We aren't "on top of the field", but I know piggy has heard my coaches voice a time or two.  

The Brown family doesn't charge a ridiculous amount for each seat and I think they have done a really good job involving the season ticket holders in the draft parties, and other events.  

Sure, beer is expensive, and I am glad, as I don't really want people to be able to buy 10 during the game and be vomiting by half time.  Food is good, and relatively affordable, although some new choices, a la the Reds,  would be nice.

The "banner" is about two feet by three feet.  I think it is incredibly cool and I would advice them to sell them at the games (W/O the season ticket holder part).  I would have paid to get one.  

Regardless...I have been very impressed with everyone in the organization from the ticket sales guys to the folks that organize various events for the fans throughout the year.  Now, if they would just get to work on that "Jungle Legends"!  What a great time to do it!  Right after the Top 50 were announced.  
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking this could be our year. I hope the Bengals make me regret letting my season tickets go.

Reply/Quote

Well I can;t wait to get mine in the mail.. not arrived yet .. thanks for the update.. and WHO DEY on our 50th Season
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it is pretty damn awesome!!!

You have to understand...based on when I got out of college, I wanted Bengal's season tickets before I bought things like:

A place to live
Work Clothes
A Car

The PSLs were coming up for the new stadium and I had saved for it and bought my way in before getting just about anything else.  I had only been to maybe 4 games growing up, but I wanted to be there so badly.  It was the first item on my bucket list.  

Oh, and when I was interviewing in Nashville, I thought "Heck, I will just drive up Saturday nights and stay at my folks"!
I ended up staying in Centerville, but you get the point.  I wanted these things more than anything.  My reward was a decade of crap.  No longer!  They are a contender and are going to win in all this year.  

You should change your username to FormerPotentialHomelessBusCatchingUnemployedBengalsFan.. Kinda long and tough to spell, but entertaining.. or just FPHBCUBF for...uhhh..short..
And while we're at it just keep in mind that you posted this on my 58th birthday so I deserve some of the credit.. lol
Ok, I deserve absolutely nothing, but it helps filling in some dead time this morning..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Just got my season tickets.. love the ticket pictures and the banner....

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
Being I live 511.5 miles away (according to Google maps)  I probably won't be getting my season tickets any time soon. That doesn't even factor in the fact that I wouldn't pay money to sit in the cold to watch anything much less a football game. 
It's somewhat tempting to see if I can get the old man to spring for Gamepass.. At 88 years old football season is about the only thing he has left to look forward to. I'm personally too cheap to spend money on these things. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 11:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: You should change your username to FormerPotentialHomelessBusCatchingUnemployedBengalsFan.. Kinda long and tough to spell, but entertaining.. or just FPHBCUBF for...uhhh..short..
And while we're at it just keep in mind that you posted this on my 58th birthday so I deserve some of the credit.. lol
Ok, I deserve absolutely nothing, but it helps filling in some dead time this morning..

Oh, and you just entered the running for POST OF THE YEAR!!!

Thanks!

Sincerely, 

FPHBCUBF
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 12:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Being I live 511.5 miles away (according to Google maps)  I probably won't be getting my season tickets any time soon. That doesn't even factor in the fact that I wouldn't pay money to sit in the cold to watch anything much less a football game. 
It's somewhat tempting to see if I can get the old man to spring for Gamepass.. At 88 years old football season is about the only thing he has left to look forward to. I'm personally too cheap to spend money on these things. 
I thought you were 58 from previous post... but if you are 88 great to see that you can still enjoy football regardless where you are... 

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I'm jealous of all you guys that live closer. I only get to see two Bengals games a year. I travel eith my friends to see both Bengals Steelers games because they are Steelers fans (Don't hold it against them that's how people are raised here lol.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Congrats man!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

I have to ask.....there are people that scalp their tickets to the highest paying Steelers Fans for that game.....Do you go to game ?......I ask because looking at all the Steelers at the game, and I've read people on here say sure, they sell their tickets to Steelers Fans for the right price.....I'm not being a wise guy, just asking ?  ...Since you are excited about the tickets, I'm guessing NO, you will be there rooting BENGALS in THE JUNGLE.

ALSO : What EXTRAS do you get these days. A Media Guide book or car decals, any EXTRAS with the tickets ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 06:26 PM)kevin Wrote: I have to ask.....there are people that scalp their tickets to the highest paying Steelers Fans for that game.....Do you go to game ?......I ask because looking at all the Steelers at the game, and I've read people on here say sure, they sell their tickets to Steelers Fans for the right price.....I'm not being a wise guy, just asking ?  ...Since you are excited about the tickets, I'm guessing NO, you will be there rooting BENGALS in THE JUNGLE.

ALSO : What EXTRAS do you get these days. A Media Guide book or car decals, any EXTRAS with the tickets  ???

I attend every game.  If I can't, I offer the extra tickets to my dad to take his buddies or I simply give them to a friend but ONLY BENGAL FAN ASS GRACES MY SEAT!!!!

As far as extras, we have received decals, etc, in the past...the banner is new this year commemorating the 50 years history of the team.  As I have said many times, the Bengals and I were conceived at the same time Wink
Reply/Quote
Received tickets and love the pics on them like Essex.

Proudly have never sold a single ticket to steelers fan. In fact we have a rule on our row that nobody is to sell or bring opposing fans.

So far nobody has broken pact and I will not be the first.

Have nowhere to put banner really, although cool. Will ask my nephew and local Bengals bar if they want it. If not will give it to anybody on here that would like to showcase it.

Or needs two for their man cave.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote