Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Tickets Have Been Canceled....
Congratulations to OP.

Whatever else is done including firing Alexander- no other organization in business or sports would keep Marvin Lewis- who should have been fired 3 or 4 times before the end of this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:56 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Good for you guys. If I was fortunate enough to have season tickets I'd do the same thing. That being said no more single game tickets/team stuff for me & mine neither.

I've been doing what you're doing since the end of the 2015 season.  I'm pretty close to saying eff it altogether, but the Piano Man ouster has me a little giddy at the moment.....

Good for you corpjet. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:44 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I get it. I'm pissed as well and if I had season tickets, I'd probably cancel them. However, it doesn't matter how many people cancel or how empty the stadium will be next season. Mike Brown will continue to turn a profit because of the NFL's revenue sharing. If the Brown family actually had to make a profit on their own, maybe lack of ticket sales would cause the family to try and do things differently. As it is now, go or don't go, the Brown family will still make millions in profit.

He will still profit no doubt. But there is no other real way to express unhappiness with how the team is run/performing. And with the revenue sharing, empty seats may still result in profit overall, but it will result in reduced profits for every other team, no? And the best you can hope is that other owners or the league will pressure the team for changes if that happens.

What else can you do.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:49 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I've been doing what you're doing since the end of the 2015 season.  I'm pretty close to saying eff it altogether, but the Piano Man ouster has me a little giddy at the moment.....

Good for you corpjet. :andy:

I’m with you. Definitely think getting rid of piano man is a start, like Simmons returning, Lazor probably deserves a training camp unless there was a clear upgrade, aggressive free agency, Del Rio sounds good. It all sounds too good to be true. But (there’s always a but) we still have Marvin on the sidelines. I don’t want to be sucked back in. Been there before.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:31 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I’m with you. Definitely think getting rid of piano man is a start, like Simmons returning, Lazor probably deserves a training camp unless there was a clear upgrade, aggressive free agency, Del Rio sounds good. It all sounds too good to be true. But (there’s always a but) we still have Marvin on the sidelines. I don’t want to be sucked back in. Been there before.

Yes sir.....seen this dog and pony show one too many times.

It will take a MASSIVE overhaul in the way things are done to get me to buy in.

Reply/Quote
Well done sir, this doesn’t make you any less of a fan. It’s something that needs to be done by all fans. We can still watch and root for and complain without giving him thousands of our hard earned dollars every year.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thank you for stopping your contributions to the Mike Brown Retirement Fund! Unfortunately there will be another fool who scoops them up.

No kidding!

On an unrelated note to the OP:  where are the seats?  Just asking for a friend  Mellow

I've had seats for 18 seasons, with season 19 on the horizon.  I'll see how I feel when that invoice comes in the mail and I gotta reach for the checkbook.  I like going to the games, and I would be sad to give them up.  Everyone has their breaking point, and it will be interesting to see come September how many reached theirs yesterday/today.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
there are a lot of die hard fans of this team around here. we take the time to talk about them to complete strangers on the daily... but it should be noted this is coming from a different kind of die hard fan in the OP. I believe corp would pretty regularly take his family to away games as well as home games with his tix. not that it makes him more of a fan than others, but he was regularly feeding the beast with his entertainment dollars.

just saying...

and good on ya corp.

also, wyche invited everyone over to his spot for games next year to drink his beer and have him slave over the bbq for us. bring your kids and pets.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:56 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: there are a lot of die hard fans of this team around here.  we take the time to talk about them to complete strangers on the daily...  but it should be noted this is coming from a different kind of die hard fan in the OP.  I believe corp would pretty regularly take his family to away games as well as home games with his tix.  not that it makes him more of a fan than others, but he was regularly feeding the beast with his entertainment dollars.    

just saying...  

and good on ya corp.  

also, wyche invited everyone over to his spot for games next year to drink his beer and have him slave over the bbq for us.  bring your kids and pets.

Kids are fine. I got pet troubles of my own....so leave them at home. My gut tells me no one will drink Hamm's Beer....so we're good there too.  Also....I don't slave over anything...I just stoke the fire every now and again and let the smoke do the work. Wink

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kids are fine. I got pet troubles of my own....so leave them at home. My gut tells me no one will drink Hamm's Beer....so we're good there too.  Also....I don't slave over anything...I just stoke the fire every now and again and let the smoke do the work. Wink

Will you let us use the bathroom inside, or are we in a "go behind the shed" kind of situation here?  I worry about that sort of thing when I go places.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Leave your Bengals season tickets on your windshield.... And the next day you will find they have multiplied.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kids are fine. I got pet troubles of my own....so leave them at home. My gut tells me no one will drink Hamm's Beer....so we're good there too.  Also....I don't slave over anything...I just stoke the fire every now and again and let the smoke do the work. Wink

Does Hamm's make you feel better?  I've been to every spot on this earth and I drank some god awful stuff, mostly beer, a couple of so called local specials, so Hamms gotta be better than that, "From the land of sky blue waters"....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:24 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Leave your Bengals season tickets on your windshield.... And the next day you will find they have multiplied.

Dilly Dilly!!
Reply/Quote
Good for you, it would be great to see a report of record number of season ticket holders cancelling season tickets.

Theres no doubt in my mind Brown thinks the fans are sheep and will complain about his decisions but at the end of the day continue to support the team with their money with tickets, merchandise, etc...

and say what you will....he's right so why would he change? He's about the bottom dollar not the rings.
Reply/Quote
I have never had season tickets ,but if they can show something in the offseason ,i might go to some games next year ,theyve started off pretty good with firing alexander.
Reply/Quote
Cancelled mine after 13 years after the post 4-12 re-signing. Never regretted it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:56 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: there are a lot of die hard fans of this team around here.  we take the time to talk about them to complete strangers on the daily...  but it should be noted this is coming from a different kind of die hard fan in the OP.  I believe corp would pretty regularly take his family to away games as well as home games with his tix.  not that it makes him more of a fan than others, but he was regularly feeding the beast with his entertainment dollars.    

just saying...  

and good on ya corp.  

also, wyche invited everyone over to his spot for games next year to drink his beer and have him slave over the bbq for us.  bring your kids and pets.

Spot on, how did you know this???   Hmm

We did travel to many away games yearly as well......honestly thats one of the hardest parts of the decision and something I will miss, the Bengals fans and the travel..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Does Hamm's make you feel better?  I've been to every spot on this earth and I drank some god awful stuff, mostly beer, a couple of so called local specials, so Hamms gotta be better than that, "From the land of sky blue waters"....

Im typically a Miller Lite snob (I refuse to drink Bud Light, don't ask long story) but actually tried Hamms Light a couple of years ago and liked it.

Now many people said it will give you the Sh - ts but I didn't find that true....lol

not a bad beer I tell ya
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:25 PM)R3stangs Wrote: He will still profit no doubt. But there is no other real way to express unhappiness with how the team is run/performing. And with the revenue sharing, empty seats may still result in profit overall, but it will result in reduced profits for every other team, no? And the best you can hope is that other owners or the league will pressure the team for changes if that happens.

What else can you do.

I'm with you, bro. There's not much else a fan can do. I'm not trying to dissuade fans from showing their unhappiness. It just sucks that the Brown family will continue to profit no matter what fans do. That's all.
Reply/Quote
Given the 6+ hour drive, I usually only make one game a year (none this year). But that's what it's going to take, tickets dropping off. Ill watch the team on TV, I'll continue being a fan and I'll keep supporting them in spirit, but my one voice Mike Brown might hear (my money) wont be there for two years.
Reply/Quote