Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Tickets Have Been Canceled....
(01-03-2018, 10:28 PM)Benton Wrote: Given the 6+ hour drive, I usually only make one game a year (none this year). But that's what it's going to take, tickets dropping off. Ill watch the team on TV, I'll continue being a fan and I'll keep supporting them in spirit, but my one voice Mike Brown might hear (my money) wont be there for two years.

What part of KY is 6+ hours away, Miss Daisy?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is my first post! I’ve been reading this site the whole season! I have had a suite for 5 years and have club tickets also! I’m very excited for next season. What has happened is exactly what I wanted to happen! I’m calling next years Marvins true shot! He has co trip of players drafted and free agency, players drafted and who plays! This has not been his role in the past 15 years!

Mike Brown is one of the only owners in the league where this is his only source of income! He doesn’t have the multi billion dollar business to back him up! To say he doesn’t care about the team, winning, the fans etc. is a true insult to any business owner! Nobody is going to run my business! I do what’s in the best interest of the business!

I laugh at everyone on here who thought we could get whatever coach we wanted! Be careful what you wish for in my opinion! Marvin would have had a head coaching job in a minute. Teams will bash us until he’s available and then snagged up! My comparison is Vontez! Everyone thinks he’s a thug and should be out of the league but those fans would be pushing there owners to overpay him to sign him to their team!

Marvin could have had 3 jobs today! The complicated situation for him was getting all his demand that he wanted! To me, his time is ticking now. He has the pressure to win now and prove what he can do! He will hire his staff and get the players that he feels he needs!

I can’t wait to watch and will buy the tickets that you season holders will pass on so more of my family, friends and company can watch him turn it around! Go ahead and bash me and I wish I could have posted this in a new thread, but being new to the site, I couldn’t!

The players are all in, they pushed for this! Why can’t us fans of the team! If you can’t support, watch or go to games, your not hurting Mike Brown, your hurting all the players that you wanted drafted, sighted as a FA!

Again, to say an owner doesn’t care makes me sick! He’s a good man that is just running his business!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 12:52 AM)B stripes Wrote: This is my first post! I’ve been reading this site the whole season!  I have had a suite for 5 years and have club tickets also!  I’m very excited for next season. What has happened is exactly what I wanted to happen!  I’m calling next years Marvins true shot!  He has co trip of players drafted and free agency, players drafted and who plays!  This has not been his role in the past 15 years!

Mike Brown is one of the only owners in the league where this is his only source of income!  He doesn’t have the multi billion dollar business to back him up!  To say he doesn’t care about the team, winning, the fans etc. is a true insult to any business owner!  Nobody is going to run my business!  I do what’s in the best interest of the business!  

I laugh at everyone on here who thought we could get whatever coach we wanted!  Be careful what you wish for in my opinion!  Marvin would have had a head coaching job in a minute. Teams will bash us until he’s available and then snagged up!  My comparison is Vontez!  Everyone thinks he’s a thug and should be out of the league but those fans would be pushing there owners to overpay him to sign him to their team!  

Marvin could have had 3 jobs today!  The complicated situation for him was getting all his demand that he wanted!  To me, his time is ticking now. He has the pressure to win now and prove what he can do!  He will hire his staff and get the players that he feels he needs!

I can’t wait to watch and will buy the tickets that you season holders will pass on so more of my family, friends and company can watch him turn it around!  Go ahead and bash me and I wish I could have posted this in a new thread, but being new to the site, I couldn’t!

The players are all in, they pushed for this!  Why can’t us fans of the team!  If you can’t support, watch or go to games, your not hurting Mike Brown, your hurting all the players that you wanted drafted, sighted as a FA!  

Again, to say an owner doesn’t care makes me sick!  He’s a good man that is just running his business!

I won't bash you, I was you as recently as 3 years ago.  I hope you respect others who have decided to dump their tickets or scale back on Bengals gear or even watching every minute of every game.

In my case, I have offered my club licenses to family, we have 8 seats together and have for some 20+ years and others at least 12 years. For me, it is just tired of going ll in on an owner that never goes all in to win. I like ML and have been fortunate enough to talk to him. He is sharp and very intense, not the Marvin displayed at press conferences.

I respect MB the business man, I despise MB the football man.

I understand me giving up seats and others giving up seats won't change anything just like I realize me sitting in those seats won't change anything either. So, I have become indifferent, I am not mad or angry, I simply don't care anymore.

I hope your enthusiasm is rewarded unlike the hundreds of thousands before you the past decades. Best of luck to all and God Bless.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 12:52 AM)B stripes Wrote: This is my first post! I’ve been reading this site the whole season! I have had a suite for 5 years and have club tickets also! I’m very excited for next season. What has happened is exactly what I wanted to happen! I’m calling next years Marvins true shot! He has co trip of players drafted and free agency, players drafted and who plays! This has not been his role in the past 15 years!

Mike Brown is one of the only owners in the league where this is his only source of income! He doesn’t have the multi billion dollar business to back him up! To say he doesn’t care about the team, winning, the fans etc. is a true insult to any business owner! Nobody is going to run my business! I do what’s in the best interest of the business!

I laugh at everyone on here who thought we could get whatever coach we wanted! Be careful what you wish for in my opinion! Marvin would have had a head coaching job in a minute. Teams will bash us until he’s available and then snagged up! My comparison is Vontez! Everyone thinks he’s a thug and should be out of the league but those fans would be pushing there owners to overpay him to sign him to their team!

Marvin could have had 3 jobs today! The complicated situation for him was getting all his demand that he wanted! To me, his time is ticking now. He has the pressure to win now and prove what he can do! He will hire his staff and get the players that he feels he needs!

I can’t wait to watch and will buy the tickets that you season holders will pass on so more of my family, friends and company can watch him turn it around! Go ahead and bash me and I wish I could have posted this in a new thread, but being new to the site, I couldn’t!

The players are all in, they pushed for this! Why can’t us fans of the team! If you can’t support, watch or go to games, your not hurting Mike Brown, your hurting all the players that you wanted drafted, sighted as a FA!

Again, to say an owner doesn’t care makes me sick! He’s a good man that is just running his business!

You are unfortunately part of the problem, and don't know a damn thing about what you're speaking of. Sorry for the bluntness, but I don't know how else to phrase it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:01 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: You'd still be giving money to Mike Brown. Part of the gate goes to the opposing team as well, plus revenue sharing. You can go to a game that doesn't even involve the Bengals and it will still be putting money in Mike Brown's pocket.

That is exactly the problem with the NFL. You can not lose, as long as the NFL is thriving, as long as ******** Pitt fans buy terrible towels while their kids go shoeless that too goes to Mike Brown. It's setup so every owner makes money no matter what. When's the last time a franchise owner went bankrupt and had to sell? It never happens.

The only logical reason for Mike to bring Marvin back is to drive away what fan base is left so he has an excuse to move the team. Maybe the city should stop paying for the stadium, I dunno.

Here is my take on this mess. Nobody should be shocked that this happened, if you are you don't know Mike Brown. But let's say he let Marvin go. A coach of 15 years who still demands more control, he actually has the balls to make demands while his contract is up. Anyway my point is, if Marvin dosent feel like he has enough control to put a winning team on the field, Mike Brown damn sure isn't going to give a new coach a fraction of control Marvin. The newer the coach, the more Mike Browns hands are in the pot. Maybe Marvin wants to start younger guys but Browns too loyal and starts players based on seniority rather than skill. I hate this rehire as much as anyone, maybe more. It's mind blowing, idiotic and insane. But the problem truly lies at the top, and nothing will ever change till he changes or dies. That's not even a givin cause I see Katie running this team just the same. We are just completely screwed no matter who the coach is and everybody knows this deep inside.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:41 AM)N_B Wrote: You are unfortunately part of the problem, and don't know a damn thing about what you're speaking of. Sorry for the bluntness, but I don't know how else to phrase it.

Um... okay! Let’s stop going to games and supporting anything in regards to the team! If you don’t like a burger at a restaurant, do you tell everyone not to go so they will shut down?

It’s your choice not to go, but to say I’m the problem seems to be a you problem! And to not know a damn thing in what I speak of? Seems like a very lonely person that blames everyone else for their own problems!

I will keep supporting and will not be ashamed of it! Stay in your hole and tell everyone else what to do!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I won't bash you, I was you as recently as 3 years ago.  I hope you respect others who have decided to dump their tickets or scale back on Bengals gear or even watching every minute of every game.

In my case, I have offered my club licenses to family, we have 8 seats together and have for some 20+ years and others at least 12 years. For me, it is just tired of going ll in on an owner that never goes all in to win. I like ML and have been fortunate enough to talk to him. He is sharp and very intense, not the Marvin displayed at press conferences.

I respect MB the business man, I despise MB the football man.

I understand me giving up seats and others giving up seats won't change anything just like I realize me sitting in those seats won't change anything either. So, I have become indifferent, I am not mad or angry, I simply don't care anymore.

I hope your enthusiasm is rewarded unlike the hundreds of thousands before you the past decades. Best of luck to all and God Bless.

Very nice reply!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 12:52 AM)B stripes Wrote: This is my first post! I’ve been reading this site the whole season!  I have had a suite for 5 years and have club tickets also!  I’m very excited for next season. What has happened is exactly what I wanted to happen!  I’m calling next years Marvins true shot!  He has co trip of players drafted and free agency, players drafted and who plays!  This has not been his role in the past 15 years!

Mike Brown is one of the only owners in the league where this is his only source of income!  He doesn’t have the multi billion dollar business to back him up!  To say he doesn’t care about the team, winning, the fans etc. is a true insult to any business owner!  Nobody is going to run my business!  I do what’s in the best interest of the business!  

I laugh at everyone on here who thought we could get whatever coach we wanted!  Be careful what you wish for in my opinion!  Marvin would have had a head coaching job in a minute. Teams will bash us until he’s available and then snagged up!  My comparison is Vontez!  Everyone thinks he’s a thug and should be out of the league but those fans would be pushing there owners to overpay him to sign him to their team!  

Marvin could have had 3 jobs today!  The complicated situation for him was getting all his demand that he wanted!  To me, his time is ticking now. He has the pressure to win now and prove what he can do!  He will hire his staff and get the players that he feels he needs!

I can’t wait to watch and will buy the tickets that you season holders will pass on so more of my family, friends and company can watch him turn it around!  Go ahead and bash me and I wish I could have posted this in a new thread, but being new to the site, I couldn’t!

The players are all in, they pushed for this!  Why can’t us fans of the team!  If you can’t support, watch or go to games, your not hurting Mike Brown, your hurting all the players that you wanted drafted, sighted as a FA!  

Again, to say an owner doesn’t care makes me sick!  He’s a good man that is just running his business!

Every over-exaggerated sentence in this post was intended to elicit just that reaction.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What part of KY is 6+ hours away, Miss Daisy?

Florence

Mellow

Just kidding. I live a little north of Murray (you probably never heard of Murray State, but that's about all that's here) in a town called... wait for it... Benton. Driving straight through, it's five and a half hours. With two kids, it's never straight through.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:37 AM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote:
Every over-exaggerated sentence in this post was intended to elicit just that reaction.

Damn man, that sig is freaky as hell.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is old and tired. Easy peasy is the way to go. Sign 'em up.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Does Hamm's make you feel better?  I've been to every spot on this earth and I drank some god awful stuff, mostly beer, a couple of so called local specials, so Hamms gotta be better than that, "From the land of sky blue waters"....

I gotta think the old original Weideman was as bad as it gets, although did pick up some "cost cutter" beer at Kroger's late one night...they should have thrown us in the pit of misery!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Will you let us use the bathroom inside, or are we in a "go behind the shed" kind of situation here?  I worry about that sort of thing when I go places.

Inside if it's a solid #2 and you use the fart fan.  Otherwise, it's in the backyard, 'rhea included.  I have a privacy fence and bushes. Mellow

(01-03-2018, 07:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Does Hamm's make you feel better?  I've been to every spot on this earth and I drank some god awful stuff, mostly beer, a couple of so called local specials, so Hamms gotta be better than that, "From the land of sky blue waters"....

Hamm's ain't bad, it's just dirt cheap.....like on sale at Kroger 15 bucks for a 30 pack cheap.  I happen to like it, but then I was always a fan of Falls City Beer, and other old school, cheap beers like High Life.  Lots of people do not like Hamm's....lol.  I haven't tried the light, maybe I should go for it, saw it at Meijer the other day.  I typically drink Yeungling, but when I run out of stock, I search around.  I like the Hamm's a little (although I've never drank a whole lot of them at one time), High Life, and PBR.

(01-04-2018, 09:17 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I gotta think the old original Weideman was as bad as it gets, although did pick up some "cost cutter" beer at Kroger's late one night...they should have thrown us in the pit of misery!

You didn't like Weidypops?  Shit man! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I guess I'll have to delete the Bengals.com bookmark since that's how I listen to games most times..maybe throw out those crappy computer speakers and upgrade to the new fantasy speakers that only broadcast winning games....

I have a sneaky hunch that a few people cancelling season tickets is only going to free up a few for corporate sponsors and little more. 

And hey, suppose that they actually pull it off and the 2018 team goes all the way and wins the super bowl.. Those of you who cancelled your season tickets will be able to go, " TAKE THAT CINCINNATI BENGALS!  Next year I'm not even putting gas in my car! I'm gonna take the bus everywhere! "
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Try that ever delicious Milwaukees Best Ice Lite! And enjoy the taste of cool refreshing melted aluminum!   You people just don't recognize greatness when you see it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 12:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Try that ever delicious Milwaukees Best Ice Lite! And enjoy the taste of cool refreshing melted aluminum!   You people just don't recognize greatness when you see it.. 

True ... but I'll bet that you never tried Picketts of Dubuque (Iowa). Bought a 6-pack once 'cause I was staying there on business. Took 2 sips and threw the rest in the trash can. Worst beer I've ever tasted.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 12:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess I'll have to delete the Bengals.com bookmark since that's how I listen to games most times..maybe throw out those crappy computer speakers and upgrade to the new fantasy speakers that only broadcast winning games....

I have a sneaky hunch that a few people cancelling season tickets is only going to free up a few for corporate sponsors and little more.

And hey, suppose that they actually pull it off and the 2018 team goes all the way and wins the super bowl.. Those of you who cancelled your season tickets will be able to go, " TAKE THAT CINCINNATI BENGALS!  Next year I'm not even putting gas in my car! I'm gonna take the bus everywhere! "

Their have been season tickets available for corporate sponsors for several years now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:04 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: True ... but I'll bet that you never tried Picketts of Dubuque (Iowa). Bought a 6-pack once 'cause I was staying there on business. Took 2 sips and threw the rest in the trash can. Worst beer I've ever tasted.

Worse than Schlitz? Shocked

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 12:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Try that ever delicious Milwaukees Best Ice Lite! And enjoy the taste of cool refreshing melted aluminum!   You people just don't recognize greatness when you see it.. 

Anything Milwaukees Best is horrendous......I love a good Murphy's Stout, Hofbrau Dunkel, Blue Stallion "Ya Damn Skippy" Peanut Butter Porter, Newcastle Brown Ale, Mt. Carmel Nut Brown Ale, etc.....but man, those things are all rough on my gut if I have more than a few of them.  Plus, they're not very cost effective from an all night bender standpoint....lol.  Those are beers I keep around if I just want one or two.

Reply/Quote
none of u are cancelling your tickets..Paul Alexander..Browns step son is gone..things will be fine now
Reply/Quote