Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every Year...or so it seems
The Bengals have an extraordinary amount of injured players this year and every year...or so it seems.

I know injuries happen to every team but it seems like the Bengals suffer from injuries to multiple key players every year which torpedoes the season.

Why is this?
Why does every other team in the NFL only lose maybe two key players yet the Bengals lose five?
Is it the training staff?
Is it the lack of practice with full pads? I blame the rise of injuries league wide on this one though. And before anyone says, "Rise league wide so the Bengals injuries have gone up too", the Bengals suffer more than all the others.
Is this year just a fluke with the amount of injuries? Which is more than previous years but years past the Bengals always seem to lose more players than other teams.

I looked up how many players are injured right now and the Bengals have 27 out. That's more than half of the team out due to injury.

Is it just me and I'm just only noticing this years injuries and past years are a figiment of my imagination?

Please tell me it's just my imagination.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Other teams do get the injury bug. One team that does often is the Green Bay Packers. I only know this because my dad is a big fan. "Hey pops, what's wrong with the Packers this year?". .... "Injuries" he says ... Every year
Reply/Quote
This is a bad year but on average i dont think the bengals have more injuries than other teams.
Reply/Quote
Half hurt and half quit if you ask me. I imagine its easier to feel injured with a stagnant coaching staff and the worst owner in professional sports. It would make it a lot harder to bounce back from injury knowing what you were going back to. Sounds like 27 players are having a good holiday season with their families this year.
Reply/Quote
Not many coddled "Super(rich )Athletes" are built to practice out in the Cincinnati environment it seems. They need bubbles, massages, acupuncture and various other new age fancy sport medicines/practices.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:28 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Half hurt and half quit if you ask me. I imagine its easier to feel injured with a stagnant coaching staff and the worst owner in professional sports. It would make it a lot harder to bounce back from injury knowing what you were going back to. Sounds like 27 players are having a good holiday season with their families this year.

And that too

Reply/Quote
We have been well below the NFL average for the past several years. It’s perspective, we don’t usually pay attention to other teams. However, I think it was more a matter of timing than numbers. Our injuries hit at seemingly more inopportune times or positions more than shear numbers. This year has been the anomaly not only in the amount but in the utter devastation of multiple position groups as well as hitting so heavily so early in the season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote