Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season is over
Even if we beat the Browns this season is a wash, our o-line is still bad and we will probably lose to the Bikls the following weak which would make us 1-4 if we managed to beat the browns. Different year and another disappointing season.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I agree. It's time to start trying to develop the young guys.
Reply/Quote
Waited 8 months. Its over in 3 weeks........
Reply/Quote
This team is not good enough to win the division, and that is literally their only hope of making the playoffs.

So yeah, the season is done.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Waited 8 months. Its over in 3 weeks........

I love the Bengals but they are really hard to watch for the past 2 years. 

Last year it didn't feel like it was the 90s, but this year has almost felt that way. 

We're 0-3, and only 1 half of those 2 games we looked like an NFL football team.
Reply/Quote
Division leader is 2-1.

I understand frustration.

But let's not be absurd.

We're 2 games down with 13 games to play.

We showed signs of life in a hostile environment and our defense was very active in pressuring Rodgers.

We'll be 1-3 next Sunday, we'll have Burfict back and we'll start to compete in the division again.

But yea, our hopes of a Wildcard are struggling right now.

Ravens, Titans, Jaguars, Broncos, Raiders, Bills and Steelers all competing for the WC right now.

But still. Only 2 games up.

That's not insurmountable at all. At least not if we continue to improve, as we have.

I really like what Lazor is doing for this offense.
Reply/Quote
Oh give the homers some time...they'll be in here talking about how we nearly beat a Super Bowl Team in GB on the road. They'll convert this loss into the Bengals being a Super Bowl contender.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Division leader is 2-1.

But let's not be absurd.

We showed signs of life in a hostile environment and our defense was very active in pressuring Rodgers.

We'll be 1-3 next Sunday, we'll have Burfict back and we'll start to compete in the division again.

Ravens, Titans, Jaguars, Broncos, Raiders, Bills and Steelers all competing for the WC right now.

That's not insurmountable at all. At least not if we continue to improve, as we have.

What makes you so sure that we will beat the Browns in Cleveland?

We'll be lucky to get 6 wins. Do you think 6 wins will win the division?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What makes you so sure that we will beat the Browns in Cleveland?

We'll be lucky to get 6 wins. Do you think 6 wins will win the division?

This is why Jungle Noise should be closed for the first 12 hours after a loss haha.
Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor is better than Ken Zampese -- but I'm afraid he's not good enough to be competitive against the league's best defenses. He'll do well to get Cincinnati through 2017 but the Front Office needs to be looking at long term options.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is why Jungle Noise should be closed for the first 12 hours after a loss haha.

I get that you're trying to staunch the bleeding right now, but how may games, on average, do teams win after they make a OC change? They showed signs of life because they had better plays being called today. They still have terrifically bad offensive line play, so I hate to say it, but anything Lazor tries to do is going to have lackluster results because we don't know if the line will actually block well enough.

Bengals need an entire new offensive line. Otherwise we'll see the same results just about every Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I would not be surprised to see this team win 5 or 6 games straight. The defense can be special and carry us through a stretch. We might be able to get 8 or 9 games which can win us the division. So I would not close the door on this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bill Lazor is better than Ken Zampese -- but I'm afraid he's not good enough to be competitive against the league's best defenses. He'll do well to get Cincinnati through 2017 but the Front Office needs to be looking at long term options.

Any OC is going to be handcuffed by noodle arm Andy who's next professional gig will be with Geico doing his patented no pressure shuffle in line for some cold cuts. I've literally never seen a QB so flustered and so awkward in the pocket when they tuck and bail.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is why Jungle Noise should be closed for the first 12 hours after a loss haha.

It's not a gimme win against the Browns the way we're playing.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bill Lazor is better than Ken Zampese -- but I'm afraid he's not good enough to be competitive against the league's best defenses.  He'll do well to get Cincinnati through 2017 but the Front Office needs to be looking at long term options.

praytell why the FO will be looking at longterm options? it would be something i am simply un-acustom to. this FO does not care. we'll see about 3 to 5 wins at some point.....
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:12 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would not be surprised to see this team win 5 or 6 games straight. The defense can be special and carry us through a stretch. We might be able to get 8 or 9 games which can win us the division. So I would not close the door on this season.

Dream on! This is a 2-6 win team. This team has some very talented players mixed with some terrible players and some terrible coaches. This isn't a recipe for a winning record.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:30 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Dream on! This is a 2-6 win team. This team has some very talented players mixed with some terrible players and some terrible coaches. This isn't a recipe for a winning record.

Really sucks :/ my optimism is pretty much gone
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Division leader is 2-1.

But let's not be absurd.

We were a team that had not scored a TD in 120 minutes of play and they were a team that is headed into a short week before playing a division rival. they overlooked us.

Plus they had 0 film on Lazors offense.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: Even if we beat the Browns this season is a wash, our o-line is still bad and we will probably lose to the Bikls the following weak which would make us 1-4 if we managed to beat the browns. Different year and another disappointing season.

I want to give Lazor a chance to try and get something established, but if by Weeks 10-12 Dalton is still having these same problems he's demonstrated the first few weeks, I'd bench him to see what McCarron has (again). If McCarron is still decent at that point, I'd consider trading/cutting Dalton in the offseason, drafting a new QB, and rolling with that QB and McCarron in 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How can you start a thread that says the season is over and then another one asking if a slow start is good?

Make up your damn mind, man.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote