Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season officially done
Oh come on...the Bengals will hire Guenther as a new HC, draft a Center and maybe a Guard...sign a couple 5th Tier free agents...and the Homers on the board will be talking Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: We fought hard today and it still was not enough. Sucks but this season is officially over and we will be without Atkins next week cause we are playing in Denver. This loss really hurts Sad

(11-07-2017, 06:00 PM)Trademark Wrote: The last time the Bengals were 3-5 in 2012 they rallied and went 7-1 the rest of the way and made the playoffs. I know it’s been rough but we aren’t finished yet

What a difference five days makes.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:56 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I think the season was done when they let Whitworth and Zeitler walk out the door. No sense to keep beating a dead horse I guess.

This! If they’re still here, I think this team is 6-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:29 PM)bjf123 Wrote: This!  If they’re still here, I think this team is 5-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At any rate more competitive.
Reply/Quote
I don't see a reason to keep watching this year, it's tough to not watch football on Sundays, it's barely November! I'll try hard to not watch anything next Sunday. I won't hand in my fan card permanently but this has to be the first time in 25 years I don't want to watch anymore, lol. I have a hard time believing this team could beat out the 90s teams, and they were very bad. There is no offense here for obvious reasons, I wonder (statistically) how bad we are in NFL history offensively.

We're at the bottom of the league for 1st downs.

I wish some reporter would ask Marvin Lewis why the offense is absolutely putrid in 2nd halves. Why does he think that's so? Teams are giddy to play us, similar to what's happening with the Cavs. It feels like Highschool vs. NFL for many possessions (forget college).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:02 PM)nickndfl Wrote: The Bengals are getting near the point where they will not be able to attract good free agents because the team is not geared up to win. The people of Ohio are wonderful, but I don't think they understand how to operate an NFL franchise.
Free agents sign where the money is and it ain't coming from Mikey.. Even Cleveland signs plenty of free agents..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What a difference five days makes.

I’m not trying to flip flop just stinks we fought so hard and it still was not enough
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh come on...the Bengals will hire Guenther as a new HC, draft a Center and maybe a Guard...sign a couple 5th Tier free agents...and the Homers on the board will be talking Super Bowl.

Oh, good.  It's the fans' fault.  The lamest narrative of them all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:02 PM)nickndfl Wrote: The Bengals are getting near the point where they will not be able to attract good free agents because the team is not geared up to win. The people of Ohio are wonderful, but I don't think they understand how to operate an NFL franchise.

This is already a problem for a lot of franchises, even when they are winning. If you were a millionaire, would you really choose to live in middle America or would you want to live on a coast? Fresh seafood, more amenities, larger economies, more options, typically less violence and fewer problems with degenerates, better overall race relations/multiculturalism...
I don't mean to offend anyone, but c'mon.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: We fought hard today and it still was not enough. Sucks but this season is officially over and we will be without Atkins next week cause we are playing in Denver. This loss really hurts Sad

First of all, if you're "staying positive", the season isn't over until you're mathematically eliminated. 

Second, Geno has already played in Denver 2 or 3 times in his career. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The sad thing for me is I do not believe the problems that the Cincinnati Bengals can be fixed in the current system.

It comes down to decision making for personnel and the top decision maker doesn't value what's necessary to make a championship-caliber team.  

It can be argued that four spots on the offensive line need upgrade.  They ought to move OG to another position.  Maybe he can play tight end.  There are so many team needs to fill and you can't do it just by the draft.

The Bengals problems can't be fixed with he current ownership.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:07 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’m not trying to flip flop just stinks we fought so hard and it still was not enough

After the off season personnel moves this is what I expected and with Mike's free agency strategy the offensive line can't be fixed in one season.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:28 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This is already a problem for a lot of franchises, even when they are winning. If you were a millionaire, would you really choose to live in middle America or would you want to live on a coast? Fresh seafood, more amenities, larger economies, more options, typically less violence and fewer problems with degenerates, better overall race relations/multiculturalism...
I don't mean to offend anyone, but c'mon.

I live on the coast and it's great. We moved out of PA in 1971 and I would never move back. The people of the midwest are the best, but I wouldn't live there again.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I want mike Shula panthers oc as head coach
Reply/Quote
The whole franchise has been lawyered since 1991'

[Image: dey_who2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The fat lady sang the national anthem.  

In preseason.

Could swear I saw the fat lady spray her mouth wash and start tuning up when Bengals neglected the OL and went WR and RB in first two rounds. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Actually she probably started singing when Whit left.

Great character guy, leader. solid player still, and probably was the best coach we had as well.

Man this whole offseason was a debacle.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We were bad last year with Whit and Z. Sure not this bad but bad.

We need some new blood, a new direction. Actually we have needed it since San Diego.

You start there and see what happens.

Reply/Quote
The very first action, or inaction, MB makes at the end of the season will concern a coaching change. What happens with that one single decision will tell us everything we need to know about this organization's intention / desire to turn this thing around.
Reply/Quote
I'm curious as to how many on here will admit that they were saying that the OL would work itself out. How many of you predicted 10 wins? Losing Whit was such an obvious blunder as it was happening. The loss of talent and the leader. What strikes me is, let's say on Defense.... you can't have undisciplined thugs as your team leaders.. A thug LB and a thug CB, even when their talent shows up... they still fail the team with penalties, suspensions, ejections, pouting on plays, drama with arguing with teammates, showing up coaches. That's the extra crap that thugs bring to teams, regardless of their talent. I cannot believe that the 90's are back, they are though. It's come full circle and it's literally sickening!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote