Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season over…on to the draft
Well, I didn’t see that coming. I’ve been a big speaker of losing out to secure a top 10 pick, once Joe went down. If we did, we probably would have been a top 3-5 pick.

So many teams are around 7 wins right now, if we lose out, which we will, we should end up around 12ish. Not bad. Browning made it fun until Christmas, and I guess that has some value to it. This team needs a lot of help. DT, RT, WR 2, WR 3, TE are all FA next year. We need another edge rusher and RB. Too many holes to fill. Even if we spend our $60M cap space on a RT + Higgins + TE, we still need a stud DT and DE.

Luckily no one is THAT good in the NFL so next year we’ll have a shot at the playoffs. But our “dominant” window is closed. We’re in phase 2: competitive team and anything can happen in the NFL playoffs type of team
Reply/Quote
What's the best pick we can get at this point? Top 15 at best?
Reply/Quote
We could have lost out when Joe went down...but there's like 8-9 teams with 5 wins or less.

We weren't picking 3, 4, 5.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 09:48 PM)Bengalion Wrote: What's the best pick we can get at this point? Top 15 at best?

Look at the standings. 8 wins is more than 2 whole divisions have.

There's a lot of 7,8,9 teams.

We could pick late teens.
Reply/Quote
No playoffs, out of elite pick range…absolute worst case scenario.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
ZT can’t beat the division, because they know what he is going to do. Ez game for the division coaches
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 09:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No playoffs, out of elite pick range…absolute worst case scenario.

8-10 wins is death.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
With the Pittsburgh loss, I agree our playoff hopes are diminished. If we win the last 2 games, there is still a chance. We have to beat KC and Browns which are no gimmes. I sold my Browns tickets this morning before the house of cards fell. Next year will be better for us. We do need a lot of help at multiple positions. With that said, Go Bengals!
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm too old for the draft and I was too young for the last one..and we weren't at war when I was in the military..But I did serve powdered eggs for your freedom.. I was probably responsible for half of all food poisoning in the military.. Thank me for my service.. 

Oh..the NFL draft..never mind..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Think the lowest we can get is 12.

Based on what I'm seeing/projecting.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 09:57 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Think the lowest we can get is 12.

Based on what I'm seeing/projecting.

I’d hate losing to KC and the Browns, but it’s better for the team. We had our QB for four or five games this year. Just wasn’t in the cards.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Have no clue what position we should draft. So many positions we could use a first on.
Reply/Quote
Apparently, we knock drafts out of the park.....
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Season is not over, long shot but how is that different si ce we were 5-5:with Burrow
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:32 PM)tBengal Wrote: Have no clue what position we should draft. So many positions we could use a first on.

Worst way to draft. You don't draft positions you draft football players.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Worst way to draft. You don't draft positions you draft football players.

Yes you don’t want to reach but they need to pick OL or maybe DL in the first. Should be a couple of good players available at their positions without having to “over-draft” a guy to fill a position.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Season is not over, long shot but how is that different si ce we were 5-5:with Burrow

^^^This!

My gut feeling is this: The Bengals will defeat the Chiefs next week in Kansas City. I believe it is a total mental block with respect to the Steelers and the Browns the Bengals have. We suck in our own division but beat almost everyone else.

If my gut is correct, that means the Bengals will have nine wins going into the final week of the regular season. We will have to beat the Browns to get a wild card berth; I think 10-7 will make it.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 11:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yes you don’t want to reach but they need to pick OL or maybe DL in the first. Should be a couple of good players available at their positions without having to “over-draft” a guy to fill a position.

Our o line picking has been horrendous. Jonah was our latest and best OL pink in a long time and he sucks. We may need better scouts or OL coach first.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Season is not over, long shot but how is that different si ce we were 5-5:with Burrow

I think you answered your own question.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Season is not over, long shot but how is that different si ce we were 5-5:with Burrow

Yeah, I feel the same way. ON to KC. If they lose to KC, then yeah, no chance then. But 9% is 9%. And it's no doubt based on an away game at KC and would change dramatically if they beat KC (and had some other breaks). I'll be rooting next Sunday to beat KC. Not rooting for some draft position when the Bengals still have a chance. 
Reply/Quote