1 1.92%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season prediction after week 2
What are your predictions?

With Anarumo as DC i see a 4-12 season

Without him i see an 8-8 season. His scheme is terrible and doesnt work. He had all of last year to get it going and it still don't work. His time is up. You may say "oh yeah, fire him an start all over ? thats dumb" Making it sound like we're starting over from something great. Its horrible. Should we just continue having a lousy defense then and tank the season?
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
optimistic 5-11
pessimistic 0 - 16
realistic 3 - 13
Reply/Quote
I think we will be better in the back half of the season. Right now there are a lot of growing pains that are having to get shaken out in the real season instead of pre season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I fully believe this team will play better down the stretch. We won’t beat teams with good D lines and we won’t beat teams with great offenses. So, who are those teams left on our schedule?

Eagles we have a chance
Jags depends on Minshew that week
Colts
The football team
Giants
Dolphins
Texans

Those are all games I could see is winning. The rest of the schedule looks a step above us in one of those two factors (great D line or great offense)

I put us at 6-10
Reply/Quote
I think I was a 6-10/7-9 guy pre-season who thought 8-8/9-7 was possible, but that 5-11/4-12 were also possible.

I think getting to 5 wins is going to be hard now. I will go 4-12. I do not see how we win a divisional game with our line play.

Still, week 1 was highly winnable, some flukey stuff happened: Mixon fumbled, Randy's FG attempt late, the call on AJ, Burrow missing AJ. Any 1 of those things go the other way and we are at least in OT. For 3, we win.

And for as badly as the lines played, if Boyd catches that pass, we have a 2 point play for OT last game.
Reply/Quote
3-13

Ws against DC and Giants, plus 1 more W somewhere else. Not sure who, but just playing the odds on that one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Washington has best dline in football good luck with winning that 1
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3-13

Ws against DC and Giants, plus 1 more W somewhere else. Not sure who, but just playing the odds on that one.

Giants game could come down to a FG. Football Team looks damn good on defense. I would hate to think of what might happen to Burrow with the Matadors guarding him.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Giants game could come down to a FG. Football Team looks damn good on defense. I would hate to think of what might happen to Burrow with the Matadors guarding him.

I refuse to call them that. Until they pick an actual name, I will just go with DC. Lol

Their D does indeed look scary, but their offense doesn't really have much to be afraid of from all appearances. Don't need to score a ton to beat them, just need to be mistake free, or close to it.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: I think we will be better in the back half of the season.  Right now there are a lot of growing pains that are having to get shaken out in the real season instead of pre season

Me too

I think we can finish 6-10
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just finished watching the Browns game and that was a bit rough.

Burrow played great, O-line played like shit. D played like shit.

But if we actually add a good couple players and Geno and Daniels come back and our O-line gets better anything can
happen with Burrow at the helm. This guy is very special and he has shown it both games IMO. Doubt all this happens
for us as the O-line will need a lot of help for us to win games and Taylor just cannot out coach anyone from what we
have all seen. I say...

7-9 with that OL and the injuries.

Still, promising future with Burrow.

BTW, best game I have ever seen from Mayfield and that is a very talented team.

How good are the Ravens? They are my SB favorite after beating the Browns so soundly. Sucks, toughest Division we are
in while Burrow is a rookie. He don't play like a rookie though.

Also BTW, if my prediction comes true... we need new coaches, all of them besides Simmons.

Maybe it is time for Simmons the more I think about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Washington has best dline in football good luck with winning that 1

The best? I don’t know much about their personal.

Obviously Young will be a good one. Kerrigan if still there is great. Who else they got?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The best? I don’t know much about their personal.

Obviously Young will be a good one. Kerrigan if still there is great. Who else they got?

Thought Young was out for the year?

Kerrigan is damn good though. I think the Chargers D-Line and the 49ers DL are the best right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also BTW, if my prediction comes true... we need new coaches, all of them besides Simmons.

Maybe it is time for Simmons the more I think about it.

Simmons is doing a good job on ST, but I think at this point you just need to do a wholesale burning to the ground of the coaching staff and front office. Just get the whole stink of failure outta here.

Replace Tobin with an actual GM with real GM powers, hire Bieneimy (as they should have a couple years back), let him choose his own coaching staff from top to bottom, and then spend/draft heavy on OL. (Ronnie Stanley, David Bakhtiari, Joe Thurney, and Brandon Scherff are all FA OL next year.) Almost need to get one of those four and then add another 1st or 2nd round OL in the draft.

Reply/Quote
Feels like a 3-13 year. And as a bungle fan, I’m well-versed on that sensation
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
3-13 tops... This looks just like last year. New names and new faces, but the same pitiful results.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:22 PM)jason Wrote: 3-13 tops... This looks just like last year. New names and new faces, but the same pitiful results.

That’s more wins than last year. Progress! Taylor might get an extension.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s more wins than last year. Progress! Taylor might get an extension.

One more win with better talent on the roster. I agree... Management is complacent AF, but this is ridiculous. Everything that I feared would happen if they let Marvin go has happened. The problem is; it was time for Marvin to go. I'm putting this debacle squarely on coaching. Joe Burrow, Andy Dalton, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon, Carlos Dunlap, etc etc etc didn't forget how to play football. I didn't get to watch til there was 9 minutes left in the 3rd last night. All I saw was constant pressure on Burrow, short routes with the defense right there, no yac, no imagination, and poor tackling on our part... It's awful.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If Burrow manages to stay healthy, I could see 5 or 6 wins.

If Finley mans the helm, this is a historically bad 0 win team.
Reply/Quote
I voted for 5-11, which might seem overly optimistic given how the team has played so far against inferior teams. Two losses against two losing teams from last season. But do realize that is a worse record than what Marvin did with a less talented team just two seasons ago.

I'm basically saying that it is Taylor and the coaching staff who I believe are holding the team down.

Reply/Quote