Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Season's Over Mock
Rough draft since we don't know all picks, order or have all the prospects declared.  Ranking based on CBS ranks.

1. I'd love to get Garrett, but he will be gone by the 8-10 pick range. I'll say Bengals stick to recent draft mantra of BPA and go with Jonathan Allen. He could go #2 overall, but I think most of the teams picking in the top 10 will be looking for QB's, WR, RB and CB.
[Image: 9031812-ncaa-football-cotton-bowl-michig...labama.jpg]

2. Ryan Anderson, OLB 6'2" 253, Bama.
[Image: Southern+Miss+v+Alabama+jNupWrKPEnsl.jpg]

3a. Taylor Moton, OT 6'5" 328, Western Mich.
[Image: 6_4956506.jpg]

3b. Montravius Adams, DT 6'3" 309, Auburn.
[Image: 9529326-montravius-adams-ncaa-football-c...50x511.jpg]

4a. Daeshon Hall, DE 6'5" 270, Texas A&M.
[Image: Daeshon%20Hall]

4b. James Conner, RB 6'2" 240, Pitt.
[Image: James-Conner-Pitt-Duke-640-427.jpg]

5. Travin Dural, WR 6'2" 203, LSU.
[Image: Travin+Dural+Sam+Houston+State+v+LSU+us7pTIOndMil.jpg]

6. Jadar Johnson, SS 6' 210, Clemson.
[Image: Jadar-Johnson.jpg]

7. Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn.
[Image: Daniel+Carlson+Auburn+v+Alabama+BVVhqPTpLqMl.jpg]

Depth chart for 2017:

QB - Dalton
RB - Hill, Gio, Conner
FB - Hewitt
WR - Green, Boyd, Core, Wright, Erickson, Dural
TE - Eifert, Uzamoh, Kroft
LT - Whit, Ced
LG - Boling
C - Bodine
RG - Westerman
RT - Fisher, Moton

DE - Dunlap, Allen, Clarke, Hall
DT - Geno, Billings, Hardison, Adams
OLB - Burfict, Anderson
ILB - Vigil
CB - Jones, Shaw, Dennard, WJ3, Russell
S - Iloka, Williams, Smith, Johnson
Reply/Quote
Hard to say that they won't be there but I would be overwhelmingly surprised if Allen or Anderson make it to the position for us to pick them. Would be great if it did happen though.
Reply/Quote
This would be a great draft if we can re-sign Kirk and Zeitler and get some WR help in fa.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 10:45 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Hard to say that they won't be there but I would be overwhelmingly surprised if Allen or Anderson make it to the position for us to pick them. Would be great if it did happen though.

Yeah, I always try to pick a couple of guys that may drop just because of other teams needs or a shocking "reach" by a team pushes a good player down a couple of spots. Prospect ranking will be changing too after senior bowl and combine.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 01:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: This would be a great draft if we can re-sign Kirk and Zeitler and get some WR help in fa.

I think both those guys are gone unless one gets tagged. They are going to get more money than the Bengals will pay them, if they hit the open market.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 04:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think both those guys are gone unless one gets tagged. They are going to get more money than the Bengals will pay them, if they hit the open market.

Unfortunately, with this morning's news, I think they will likely put a full court press on Dre to keep him from testing the open market.  Jones is likely going to be serving a lengthy suspension, if he even plays in 2017 at all.  They would be smart to release him and use that money to help lock up Dre and/or Zeitler.

Zeitler is a tough call for me.  I can see some team making a ridiculous offer for him, or I can see him sitting around the first week without much action.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would love to go with Williams at number 9 I know we have other needs but man Williams is a legit number 1 wr and by the time his rookie deal is up green will be 34. But just salivating over if u double green u can't double Williams or eifert or Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Would love to go with Williams at number 9 I know we have other needs but man Williams is a legit number 1 wr and by the time his rookie deal is up green will be 34. But just salivating over if u double green u can't double Williams or eifert or Boyd.

I'd take Williams too, but I think he'll be gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 08:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: Unfortunately, with this morning's news, I think they will likely put a full court press on Dre to keep him from testing the open market.  Jones is likely going to be serving a lengthy suspension, if he even plays in 2017 at all.  They would be smart to release him and use that money to help lock up Dre and/or Zeitler.

Zeitler is a tough call for me.  I can see some team making a ridiculous offer for him, or I can see him sitting around the first week without much action.

Yup. I think we gotta cut Jones and not let Dre even hit FA.
Reply/Quote