Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season ticket holder makes non-negotiable offer
Lance McAlister provides an interesting exchange between the Bengals front office and a season ticket holder:

From the Bengals:

Hi Tim,

Hope you have enjoyed coming out to the games this season. Looking ahead to 2019 we recently went on sale with our season ticket deposits.

The deposit goes towards your overall cost of the season tickets. It will essentially work as your first payment. They are time stamped as well so the sooner you put one down, the better your time slot is for choosing seats.

Placing a deposit allows you to take full advantage of our interest free payment plans.

We also have a limited amount of complimentary tickets to the December 16th game vs. Oakland Raiders when you place your deposit.

What are your thoughts?

Response from season ticket holder Tim:

Thanks for your message and for asking about my thoughts regarding your offer below. Since you asked, here they are:

I have had half season or full season tickets every year since PBS opened. After Marvin Lewis was renamed head coach for 2018 I swore I was done with Bengals season tickets but caved when the Jungle passes were offered for $20 a game in the same section in which I was previously paying $50 per game. That said, there are a few things I need to know before considering tickets for next year. 

1 - I need confirmation that Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson are both fired and that they won't be allowed to have access to PBS, players and the facility.

2 - I need assurance the new coaching staff understands basic football principles such as: Timeouts have value, clock management is important, penalties are bad and especially real accountability for performance, which is something ownership and coaches have lacked since 1991. 

3 - Cincinnati needs new leadership. Are there any indications that Mike Brown will step down as the GM of the team? Last thing the Bengals need is another first round WR that can't do his job while the QB runs for his life and the offensive line gets FOUR false start and numerous holding penalties in week 13 of the season.

4 - Cincinnati deserves new ownership. Are there any rumors that the Brown family would sell the majority share of the team? 

5 - Ticket price reduction. While the Jungle pass deal seemed good on paper at $20 a ticket, I still strongly feel I overpaid. I'd be willing to renew my same seats (or better) for $10 a game.  Price is non-negotiable! For $20 I could have seen 2 movies and even if it was the same movie twice I can assure you I'd have found it more entertaining than the Bengals games this season

Lastly, thanks for the offer of complimentary tickets to the December 16th game vs. the Raiders. You should note that I had tickets to the December 2nd Denver Broncos game on unusually beautiful day and elected to stay home. I took a nap during the actual game and don't regret it. My only regret was while sleeping and not watching the debacle, errrr I mean game, I failed to submit a #Tweetsigot to Lance Mc Alister, as I made his list the week before. 

Best of luck selling season tickets for 2019. Based on attendance in 2018 I'm pretty sure I have plenty of time to pull the trigger. I hope you consider my non-negotiable offer (#5 above) and as long as criteria 1 - 4 are met I'll be back in the jungle to perhaps see the Bengals actually beat the Steelers.

Best Regards,

Tim
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 08:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lance McAlister provides an interesting exchange between the Bengals front office and a season ticket holder:

From the Bengals:

Hi Tim,

Hope you have enjoyed coming out to the games this season. Looking ahead to 2019 we recently went on sale with our season ticket deposits.

The deposit goes towards your overall cost of the season tickets. It will essentially work as your first payment. They are time stamped as well so the sooner you put one down, the better your time slot is for choosing seats.

Placing a deposit allows you to take full advantage of our interest free payment plans.

We also have a limited amount of complimentary tickets to the December 16th game vs. Oakland Raiders when you place your deposit.

What are your thoughts?

Response from season ticket holder Tim:

Thanks for your message and for asking about my thoughts regarding your offer below. Since you asked, here they are:

I have had half season or full season tickets every year since PBS opened. After Marvin Lewis was renamed head coach for 2018 I swore I was done with Bengals season tickets but caved when the Jungle passes were offered for $20 a game in the same section in which I was previously paying $50 per game. That said, there are a few things I need to know before considering tickets for next year. 

1 - I need confirmation that Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson are both fired and that they won't be allowed to have access to PBS, players and the facility.

2 - I need assurance the new coaching staff understands basic football principles such as: Timeouts have value, clock management is important, penalties are bad and especially real accountability for performance, which is something ownership and coaches have lacked since 1991. 

3 - Cincinnati needs new leadership. Are there any indications that Mike Brown will step down as the GM of the team? Last thing the Bengals need is another first round WR that can't do his job while the QB runs for his life and the offensive line gets FOUR false start and numerous holding penalties in week 13 of the season.

4 - Cincinnati deserves new ownership. Are there any rumors that the Brown family would sell the majority share of the team? 

5 - Ticket price reduction. While the Jungle pass deal seemed good on paper at $20 a ticket, I still strongly feel I overpaid. I'd be willing to renew my same seats (or better) for $10 a game.  Price is non-negotiable! For $20 I could have seen 2 movies and even if it was the same movie twice I can assure you I'd have found it more entertaining than the Bengals games this season

Lastly, thanks for the offer of complimentary tickets to the December 16th game vs. the Raiders. You should note that I had tickets to the December 2nd Denver Broncos game on unusually beautiful day and elected to stay home. I took a nap during the actual game and don't regret it. My only regret was while sleeping and not watching the debacle, errrr I mean game, I failed to submit a #Tweetsigot to Lance Mc Alister, as I made his list the week before. 

Best of luck selling season tickets for 2019. Based on attendance in 2018 I'm pretty sure I have plenty of time to pull the trigger. I hope you consider my non-negotiable offer (#5 above) and as long as criteria 1 - 4 are met I'll be back in the jungle to perhaps see the Bengals actually beat the Steelers.

Best Regards,

Tim

Eh, not like the season ticket guy has any say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I stopped reading half way through demand #2. I understand the guys frustrations, but sending that to a ticket rep is like telling a cashier at McDonalds to serve you food that won't kill you.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 11:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I stopped reading half way through demand #2. I understand the guys frustrations, but sending that to a ticket rep is like telling a cashier at McDonalds to serve you food that won't kill you.

Huh... I thought #2 was the best part of that entire rant.
Reply/Quote
It's a good response, but I'm sure numerous other ticket holders have said similar things in previous seasons. We all know how stubborn Mike Brown is and he doesn't really care what fans want.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Kinda makes you wonder what might actually happen if fans emailed mike brown with their frustrations. 1 email wouldn’t make a difference, but 50-100 thousand might. Ahhh heck, who am I kidding.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 01:35 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Huh... I thought #2 was the best part of that entire rant.

Its not about what he said, its just that point it hit me that the guy is sending a list of requests to a guy who has shown he doesn't give a crap about winning for almost 30 years. 
Reply/Quote
Perhaps someone should write back and say for that price I'd consider becoming a paid assassin to get rid of the primary team owner(s) and the price is actually quite negotiable as I would entertain just about any offer that could provide me with some commisary funds to buy a candy bar in jail whilst awaiting my trial if I'm ever caught .. 

Please note that I am not actually advocating murder as an alternative to purchasing season tickets . It is merely a lame attempt at humor, but others may or may not think of it as a legitimate alternative and possible business opportunity .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yea, sending this to some guy in ticketing who is just doing his job is pretty stupid.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 08:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kinda makes you wonder what might actually happen if fans emailed mike brown with their frustrations. 1 email wouldn’t make a difference, but 50-100 thousand might. Ahhh heck, who am I kidding.

You think this team has that many fans?!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, sending this to some guy in ticketing who is just doing his job is pretty stupid.

So you don't think that the guy in ticketing would take it deadly serious and run at full speed ahead to Mike Brown's office to announce a fan rebellion?  Yeah , me either..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 10:10 AM)motoarch Wrote: You think this team has that many fans?!

Well, I would hope so. Actually, I think its much more than that but can't expect everyone to write an email.

Reply/Quote
The front office has never listened to season ticket holders. It's like a time share. Tell them all this wonderful stuff and when it is a lie you can't dump the tickets.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
From what I understand Mike Brown loves getting hand written letters through snail mail and does respond to them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 01:39 PM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand Mike Brown loves getting hand written letters through snail mail and does respond to them.

A poster on a long dead board I used to go to said that Mike did write him back.  It did a lot to change his opinion of Mikey.  He still didn't agree with how Mike ran the Bengals, but he could at least understand a little better where he was coming from and he realized that Mike isn't actually a bad person.  He's just not that good at his job.

To get a response, though, you need to be thoughtful, logical, and support your arguments.  If you're being vulgar, mean spirited, or abusive, he's not going to respond.  Personal attacks like accusing him of being a cheapskate won't get you anywhere, either.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 11:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I stopped reading half way through demand #2. I understand the guys frustrations, but sending that to a ticket rep is like telling a cashier at McDonalds to serve you food that won't kill you.

I like that analogy!
Reply/Quote
The truth of the matter is that the gate and concessions revenue is no longer a make or break deal.

Revenue sharing has muted the fan voice - especially in organizations that don't have to answer to partners/co-owners.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 02:20 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's a good response, but I'm sure numerous other ticket holders have said similar things in previous seasons. We all know how stubborn Mike Brown is and he doesn't really care what fans want.

I have it fell on deaf ears, I simply got a call from our rep that said it was too early to cancel the season tickets and I would be getting a letter in a couple of weeks, that's all that was said
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 12:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: A poster on a long dead board I used to go to said that Mike did write him back.  It did a lot to change his opinion of Mikey.  He still didn't agree with how Mike ran the Bengals, but he could at least understand a little better where he was coming from and he realized that Mike isn't actually a bad person.  He's just not that good at his job.  

Well, unlike that guy, I see better than I hear, and the proof is in the product.  Pretty weak sauce to get all gushy because the old fool writes you back with a lot of empty words.  He's hands-down the worst owner in professional sports, slowly and effectively starving off this fanbase, and turning PBS into a ghost town.  What the **** does he have to say to counter any of that?  Nothing, and we all know that.  

I have zero use for him or any response form him.  He just needs to go away.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 12:05 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The front office has never listened to season ticket holders. It's like a time share. Tell them all this wonderful stuff and when it is a lie you can't dump the tickets.

And you know...after the draft...there will be threads on this board about us being a contender next year. Optimism goes year to year in the NFL.
Reply/Quote