Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season tickets BOGO limited time offer
The bengals announced a season ticket sale offer, buy one get one free for a limited time. 12-6 pm tomorrow only. Online sales only.

This is to spur interest after a lackluster free agency.

I'm still not buying any.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not happening here from South Carolina.  For some strange reason I just don't envision myself driving 2000 miles a week to sit in the cold to watch them lose. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well, still not worth it. Heck, I might not watch them on TV this year if they continue getting worse.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 11:25 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, still not worth it. Heck, I might not watch them on TV this year if they continue getting worse.

See? That's the beauty of being a fan. If you do it right it doesn't cost a dime. 
Now I'm fully prepared for the speech about me not being a real fan because I don't financially support the team by purchasing all the Bengals gear and season tickets. GOD! it's just amazing how they can still make money without my financial contribution. You just have no idea how often I sob into my pillow at night worrying about how Mikey pays the bills without my help.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 11:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: See? That's the beauty of being a fan. If you do it right it doesn't cost a dime. 
Now I'm fully prepared for the speech about me not being a real fan because I don't financially support the team by purchasing all the Bengals gear and season tickets. GOD! it's just amazing how they can still make money without my financial contribution. You just have no idea how often I sob into my pillow at night worrying about how Mikey pays the bills without my help.  

No ridicule from me. Not buying tickets is really the only voice the fans have with this team. Money is the only thing Mikey cares about. He will have to do something drastic to fill the stands. Firing Marvin would help the cause. Just too expensive anyway to throw all that cash down just to watch a piss poor performance on the field. We are a joke. If I want to throw money down to laugh, I'll go to a comedy club.

Reply/Quote
Wonder if they will offer that to the loyal season ticket holders ?

lolololololololololololololololol !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Are you guys really that mad at not giving an aging dinosaur of a tackle and an above average at best guard a gajillion dollars to stay and keep our offensive line intact?

The only reason the Browns threw that much money is Hue's stupidity and lack of home grown talent to invest in.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I still prefer watching my Bengals on TV sadly...nothing beats the bar atmosphere for a Bengals game!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 12:27 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wonder if they will offer that to the loyal season ticket holders ?

lolololololololololololololololol !

Nah, the free bags of popcorn (small size obviously) is enough of a "thank you" apparently.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 12:33 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Are you guys really that mad at not giving an aging dinosaur of a tackle and an above average at best guard a gajillion dollars to stay and keep our offensive line intact?

The only reason the Browns threw that much money is Hue's stupidity and lack of home grown talent to invest in.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not mad about that at all. I'm mad they didn't have a.viable backup plan in place. They don't believe in Ogbuehi. If they did, they wouldn't have tried to keep Whit around. After he got away, instead of pursuing a free agent tackle, they started trying to sell us on Ogbuehi.

Bottom line, they could've done better in free agency after seeing Whit and Z sign elsewhere. We got significantly worse via FA for the 2nd straight year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Was it an April fool's joke and actually Buy One Must Pay For Another?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
reuben.ahmedWas it an April fool's joke and actually Buy One Must Pay For Another?

It was.  Except for me not buying any.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 11:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: See? That's the beauty of being a fan. If you do it right it doesn't cost a dime. 

Watching on TV actually does support the team financially in that networks receive advertising money based on the number of people who watch the games and they, in turn, offer the NFL deals for broadcasting the games.

The most watched teams get broad broadcasting while the lamer teams don't. This is why I only receive 5 or 6 Bengals games a year where I live. Sometimes I'll go see them in a bar, but last year it was more painful than rewarding.

Reply/Quote