Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle
Anybody ever been to Seattle? Here with my wife on vacation and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. Doesn't hurt that you can legally go pot shopping in addition to all the other tourist options the city offers. Any recommendations on restaurants or things to do? Already hit up the Space Needle and EMP museum.
Reply/Quote
When I was in Oregon (Astoria) my friend told me that we would drive up to Seattle to visit Jimi Hendrix grave. I have the same birthday as Jimi and we were going to do a rubbing to get an image of the tombstone with the date on it.

But it was a holiday weekend and we decided the traffic would not be worth it.
Reply/Quote
Also need to check out if the dungenous crabs are in season. Supposed to be a local delicacy.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Also need to check out if the dungenous crabs are in season.  Supposed to be a local delicacy.

They had a Hendrix exhibit at the EMP we checked out.  Had some great crab cakes at the Public Market the other day.  On par with what I have gotten in Baltimore.  Will look for some today.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:06 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Anybody ever been to Seattle?  Here with my wife on vacation and I must say I am thoroughly impressed.  Doesn't hurt that you can legally go pot shopping in addition to all the other tourist options the city offers.  Any recommendations on restaurants or things to do?  Already hit up the Space Needle and EMP museum.

It is about 4-5 hours away, but http://www.butchartgardens.com/
is a really cool place.

Redmond is a nice little local town.

I really enjoyed the fact that Seattle has a very international population. The diversity there really jumped out at me. I would try to make that work for you as in talking to strangers and trying restaurants with ethnic menus you might not find in Cincy area.

I thought Seattle was clean, beautiful, and had very friendly people.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Dude you gotta go to Starbucks!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My sister lived up that way for several years. She misses the pacific NW.
Reply/Quote
They have an amazing aquarium.

Enjoy the Space Needle. It's pretty crazy to look straight down from the top.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This is a great bar with an incredible whiskey / bourbon menu. Highly recommend.

http://thewhiskybar.com/
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:46 PM)xxlt Wrote: It is about 4-5 hours away, but http://www.butchartgardens.com/
is a really cool place.

Redmond is a nice little local town.

I really enjoyed the fact that Seattle has a very international population. The diversity there really jumped out at me. I would try to make that work for you as in talking to strangers and trying restaurants with ethnic menus you might not find in Cincy area.

I thought Seattle was clean, beautiful, and had very friendly people.

We ended up booking a train to Vancouver BC.  Heard the ride was pretty scenic.  

Just got stuffed at a Chinese restaurant in China Town.  You are right in every regard about the city and the diversity.  Impressive town.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 02:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dude you gotta go to Starbucks!

Which one?  There is one on almost every street corner here. Unfortunately I can't drink alcohol or caffeine at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 05:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is a great bar with an incredible whiskey / bourbon menu.  Highly recommend.

http://thewhiskybar.com/

Love whisky more than anything.  Went to Bourbon country last year for vacation.  Can't drink at the moment though.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:40 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Which one?  There is one on almost every street corner here. Unfortunately I can't drink alcohol or caffeine at the moment.

I was sort of doing the Michael from The Office in NY.  His favorite pizza place when he goes to NYC is Sbarro.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Go to a Sonics game.  Oh, wait....  Nevermind.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 06:09 PM)jason Wrote: Go to a Sonics game.  Oh, wait....  Nevermind.

Dude I'm gonna get Michael Cage to slap you.

[Image: michaelcage.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I haven't lived there in years but Anthony's HomePort used to be a pretty good seafood restaurant.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was stationed at Ft. Lewis for several months. But that was almost 30 years ago, so things have changed a bit.

If you have enough time, check out Mt. Rainier.

Was just up in Vancouver, B.C. last December. Loved it up there!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When I was in Oregon (Astoria) my friend told me that we would drive up to Seattle .....

...we were going to do a rubbing

I don't want to know.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 01:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Was just up in Vancouver, B.C. last December. Loved it up there!

I have never been there, but I have a friend who raves about it.  Claimed you could go skiing in the mountains and then to the beach on the same day.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 01:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I was stationed at Ft. Lewis for several months. But that was almost 30 years ago, so things have changed a bit.

If you have enough time, check out Mt. Rainier.

Was just up in Vancouver, B.C. last December. Loved it up there!

When I was younger, I always wanted to go visit Vancouver, as I had read something that said they were the sex industry capitol of the world.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote