Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle at Cincinnati Game Predictions
(10-12-2023, 11:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: Was there really any reason to be optimistic after the Tennessee game? Even though we won against the Rams its not like Burrow looked good and then our entire team was worse against the Titans. Last week Burrow actually looked like himself for the first time all year. 

Yeah, there was, unless you just didn't think Burrow's calf would get better. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, there was, unless you just didn't think Burrow's calf would get better. 

This is a good point. I have to be honest, though, I did not expect Burrow's calf to improve quite that much from one game to the other. It was a pleasant surprise, no doubt, but I expected it to be until after the bye that he might look like he did against the Cardinals, so I can understand how folks felt really down after the Titans game. 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
The only prediction I will give is this....Money Mac will be an important part of this game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, there was, unless you just didn't think Burrow's calf would get better. 

Getting better and going from how he looked against Tennessee vs Arizona are very different. Although I'm sure you knew he was going to look that good all along, after the Arizona game. 
Reply/Quote
Seahawks 23
Bengals 16
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 11:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: Was there really any reason to be optimistic after the Tennessee game? Even though we won against the Rams its not like Burrow looked good and then our entire team was worse against the Titans. Last week Burrow actually looked like himself for the first time all year. 

I mean, yeah there was.

If you'd watched Bengals football the last few years anyways. Zac's record sucks in September and early October. Team always starts slow.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Really if the defense stops having the backside contain issues and tackles better they are fully able to stop the Seahawks offense. Likewise our offense is fully able to move the ball on the Seahawk defense. So a lot of this comes down to us getting out of our own way and Burrow continuing what we saw last week. If those happen I think we win.
Reply/Quote
I swear, SEA scheme has revitalized Geno Smith's career.
He was DOA before he joined the Seahawks.
He's sporting nearly a 70% completion percentage and really good TD:INT ratio since he's been a Seahawk.

This isn't a shoe-in win, but I'm gonna be optimistic that Burrow is back as of last week and Bengals will win.
Bengals - 24
Seahawks - 20
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 05:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I swear, SEA scheme has revitalized Geno Smith's career.
He was DOA before he joined the Seahawks.
He's sporting nearly a 70% completion percentage and really good TD:INT ratio since he's been a Seahawk.

This isn't a shoe-in win, but I'm gonna be optimistic that Burrow is back as of last week and Bengals will win.
Bengals - 24
Seahawks - 20

Coaching is important... Rex Ryan never developed a single offensive player during his time as a head coach.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 05:33 PM)TheFan Wrote: Maybe. For the Bengals sake I hope that's true since it means we beat a good team on the road. I just think they're going to get exposed more as the year goes on. They have new coaches/system so these first few weeks no one really know what they're going to do on offense or defense. I think that's part of why they've played teams close but because their talent isn't that good they've lost. Once teams get more tape I think they may start showing flaws a bit more. Who knows though, they may go on a tear. 

I have more concerns about the Seahawks offense than defense. Like you noted, they have good RBs and I think their Oline is decent enough to beat our Dline. Again, with this being at home we'll see which defense shows up. So far they've looked good at home and poor on the road, minus the turnovers. 

Exactly my thoughts on this matchup. If we allow the Squawks with their talented young RB's to run on us we could be in trouble.

I know Geno Smith has been good, but he doesn't scare me with our Secondary and their speed. DJ Metcalf is the man, but he can 
be frustrated by physical corners like CTB who I would put on him. Put Awuzie on the smaller speedsters like the other good WR that
I cannot remember his name right now.
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 34 - 27
Reply/Quote
Tough one for me. I thought the bengals D had finally figured it out against the Rams only to be destroyed the following week in Nashville. I need to see more consistent play before proclaiming that this team is back
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 08:50 PM)jason Wrote: Coaching is important... Rex Ryan never developed a single offensive player during his time as a head coach.

Except for Mark Sanchez.  That dude could ball.  lol
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2023, 06:00 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Tough one for me. I thought the bengals D had finally figured it out against the Rams only to be destroyed the following week in Nashville. I need to see more consistent play before proclaiming that this team is back

Especially as Seattle has some pretty good running backs to deal with. I think that if we force Geno to beat us we would be in a better place. We really need some consistency on defense.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
I haven’t had a post win 4:00 game to watch this year so for that reason I am picking the Bengals.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bengals 31 - 16
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Hmmm

This one can go either way for sure as this team still has some question marks for me (compared to last year).

I think the O shows up “decently” (7.5-8/10) and this one will come down to the D showing up (9/10 or better)

My guess - Someone wins by 3 and I pray it’s us especially bc the RatBirds are beating the Titans. Argggg
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 01:09 PM)Whacked Wrote: Hmmm

This one can go either way for sure as this team still has some question marks for me (compared to last year).

I think the O shows up “decently” (7.5-8/10) and this one will come down to the D showing up (9/10 or better)

My guess - Someone wins by 3 and I pray it’s us especially bc the RatBirds are beating the Titans. Argggg

Apparently the Bengals were their big game of the year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 01:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Apparently the Bengals were their big game of the year.

Yupp lol

At least we can count on the Stains to lose today w 99.9% certainty (San Fran and no Watson).
Reply/Quote
Bengals 30
Seahawks 27
Reply/Quote