Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seattle coming up
So what do we know about the 2023 Seahawks:

Offensively they are literally league average (17th Passing, 16th rushing, 19th overall). Defensively they are stout (6th) against the run but porous (31st) against the pass. We are at home and the Seahawks are coming off their bye. We win this and go into the bye 3-3 which beats the heck out of going in 2-4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In my opinion, the upcoming Bengals’ game against the Seahawks will be a colossal epic beatdown of Old Testament proportions. As you said, Seattle is 31st against the pass which means Ja’Marr Chase will feast deep and Trenton Irwin will feast on shorter routes. Let’s also remember Joe Burrow will be even stronger this week after a few more days of healing and therapy. If the run game comes to life it will be an even longer day for the Seahawks.
Reply/Quote
Perfect opponent at the perfect time. Mid-rung team that's substantially better than ARZ and worse than the giants waiting for us after the bye. Because we won't win many more games playing like we did yesterday imo. We need a buffer like this at home to give us one final opportunity (with some margin for error) to bring the pieces together and raise our level of play before it gets serious.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In my opinion, the upcoming Bengals’ game against the Seahawks will be a colossal epic beatdown of Old Testament proportions.  As you said, Seattle is 31st against the pass which means Ja’Marr Chase will feast deep and Trenton Irwin will feast on shorter routes. Let’s also remember Joe Burrow will be even stronger this week after a few more days of healing and therapy.  If the run game comes to life it will be an even longer day for the Seahawks.

Not sure I would say beat down yet cause we should have given that yesterday. But I agree. We are a passing offense and we have great weapons. And Damn how I love Irwin. That dude is a true-to-heart football player.

Reply/Quote
This is as much of a must win as Arizona was. On paper we are better and should win, they lack a true star pass rusher which helps us immensely. I think this game will look similar to the Arizona game, where we put up 30+ points again, and Seattle will score around 20 while running the ball well against us.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:07 PM)Garrus Wrote: This is as much of a must win as Arizona was. On paper we are better and should win, they lack a true star pass rusher which helps us immensely. I think this game will look similar to the Arizona game, where we put up 30+ points again, and Seattle will score around 20 while running the ball well against us.

This is where my focus is for this week.  Under sweet Lou, we've been a pretty good team against the run.  I posted this in another thread relating to our own run game, but i do wonder how much of our run defense (or lack thereof) has been due to the defense being gassed from basically playing all dang game every week.  Doesn't necessarily explain yesterday, though.  Perhaps just looking for excuses!  

Also, Myles Murphy is a supposed run stopper..... Maybe I've missed it, but has he played much yet?  I know he's play a bit, but I don't think I even noticed him yesterday.  Granted, my small kids kept wanting to show me their stupid lego crap mid-game.  lol
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:07 PM)Garrus Wrote: This is as much of a must win as Arizona was. On paper we are better and should win, they lack a true star pass rusher which helps us immensely. I think this game will look similar to the Arizona game, where we put up 30+ points again, and Seattle will score around 20 while running the ball well against us.

They had 11 sacks against the giants. Giants are horrible, but 11 sacks is a lot in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:56 PM)tms Wrote: Because we won't win many more games playing like we did yesterday...

Ummmm, what?  34 points will win a LOT of games in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:27 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: They had 11 sacks against the giants.  Giants are horrible, but 11 sacks is a lot in the NFL.

They fattened up big time on the Giants. The have 17 sacks on season - 11 of them on the Giants. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, what?  34 points will win a LOT of games in the NFL.

Yep, only 34 points total against a beaten down team that they should have rolled up 35 on by halftime. Allowing 3 drive killing 3rd down sacks in the 1st half kept that game much closer than it should have been for way too long in the game. Not to mention a defense that needed 3 interceptions to keep AZ offense at bay, because the front seven couldn't stop a running nose, let alone a running back.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: So what do we know about the 2023 Seahawks:

Offensively they are literally league average (17th Passing, 16th rushing, 19th overall). Defensively they are stout (6th) against the run but porous (31st) against the pass. We are at home and the Seahawks are coming off their bye. We win this and go into the bye 3-3 which beats the heck out of going in 2-4.

Sounds like a good matchup for us. I do know they have a stud rookie cornerback.

I wonder if Tee plays this game. May be worth it for him to sit again and fully heal until after the bye.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, what?  34 points will win a LOT of games in the NFL.

Maybe. But I'm saying I doubt they'll score "34 points" if they play that way against the SF's, BUF's, KC's, etc. of the world. Those teams probably won't shoot themselves in the foot like the Cards. And I imagine they'll be healthier too. Seattle will be a great test. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't sleep on Seattle's secondary. Woolen Witherspoon Diggs Adams...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 03:00 PM)tms Wrote: Maybe. But I'm saying I doubt they'll score "34 points" if they play that way against the SF's, BUF's, KC's, etc. of the world. Those teams probably won't shoot themselves in the foot like the Cards. And I imagine they'll be healthier too. Seattle will be a great test. 

Fair enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 03:03 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldn't sleep on Seattle's secondary. Woolen Witherspoon Diggs Adams...

They're ranked 31st defending the pass.  SOMEBODY is sleeping on Seattle's secondary.
Reply/Quote
With the oline not that great in run blocking, hard to see Mixon doing much other than keeping Seattle's D honest. Probably another 'mid' day for the run game unless he breaks one due to a breakdown on their defense.

Burrow should light it up since he made massive strides in the last 8 days now in regards to movement in pocket. Also Seattle's pass D as noted above is struggling.

Bengals defense should be pretty solid, but I wouldn't expect them to shut down the Hawks by any means. Their run game could gash us at times for sure, and Geno Smith is good enough to keep drives going and score.

Being a home game and having newfound confidence, Bengals should not be losing this game.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In my opinion, the upcoming Bengals’ game against the Seahawks will be a colossal epic beatdown of Old Testament proportions. As you said, Seattle is 31st against the pass which means Ja’Marr Chase will feast deep and Trenton Irwin will feast on shorter routes. Let’s also remember Joe Burrow will be even stronger this week after a few more days of healing and therapy.  If the run game comes to life it will be an even longer day for the Seahawks.

Ban
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 03:03 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldn't sleep on Seattle's secondary. Woolen Witherspoon Diggs Adams...

They have names but they haven't been able to actually cover anyone.
Reply/Quote
I’d definitely get Kenneth Walker III for fantasy this week.
Reply/Quote
Arizona stinks and had their #2 QB in the game. The game was comperitive into the 4th.

Seattle made the POs last year and is 3-1.

We have 2 games left with teams beloe .500. Minnesota & Houston at home.

We have 1 game left with a .500 team, home to Cleveland.

We have 9 games left with teams over .500: 2 with Pitts (3-2), at Baltimore (3-2), home vs the Colts (3-2), at Jacksonville (3-2), home to Buffalo (3-2), home to Seattle (3-1), at KC (4-1), and at SF (5-0).
Reply/Quote