Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seattle coming up
(10-09-2023, 06:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Arizona stinks and had their #2 QB in the game. The game was comperitive into the 4th.

Seattle made the POs last year and is 3-1.

We have 2 games left with teams beloe .500. Minnesota & Houston at home.

We have  1 game left with a .500 team, home to Cleveland.

We have 9 games left with teams over .500: 2 with Pitts (3-2), at Baltimore (3-2), home vs the Colts (3-2), at Jacksonville (3-2), home to Buffalo (3-2), home to Seattle (3-1), at KC (4-1), and at SF (5-0).

And?

It's perfectly obvious we will need to beat good teams. But this thread is about Seattle specifically. Gotta play the season a game at a time, and the next opponent is Seattle. We can beat them. We really do need to - coming out of the bye at 3-3 is far better than 2-4. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 06:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: They have names but they haven't been able to actually cover anyone.

But they have the talent to fix it. Same with the Bengals and their rush defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:27 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: They had 11 sacks against the giants.  Giants are horrible, but 11 sacks is a lot in the NFL.

They have two very impressive RBs in Walker and ...Charbonet who I wanted Bengals to grab. Also, Metcalf at WR will be problem for our small CBs.
If Joe continues to improve  and get back to old self it should be a V but I dont think a decisive one 
Reply/Quote
I like this matchup at least for our offense. Seahawks are 30th in pass yards allowed and they’ve gotten some inflated stats in terms of sacks from playing the Giants. With the 49ers and Bills afterwards this is yet another winnable game that we have to capitalize on before that bye.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 02:14 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This is where my focus is for this week.  Under sweet Lou, we've been a pretty good team against the run.  I posted this in another thread relating to our own run game, but i do wonder how much of our run defense (or lack thereof) has been due to the defense being gassed from basically playing all dang game every week.  Doesn't necessarily explain yesterday, though.  Perhaps just looking for excuses!  

Also, Myles Murphy is a supposed run stopper..... Maybe I've missed it, but has he played much yet?  I know he's play a bit, but I don't think I even noticed him yesterday.  Granted, my small kids kept wanting to show me their stupid lego crap mid-game.  lol

Be nicer to your kids. They'll probably outlive every Bengals player on the roster..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Have to keep Russell in the pocket
Reply/Quote
I guess I'll have to keep my fishing pole on standby just in case..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 08:26 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Have to keep Russell in the pocket

Which will be extra hard to do in Denver while playing Seattle at the same time
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote

You know Russell Wilson plays for Denver now, right?
Reply/Quote

Can’t let Shaun Alexander get a head of steam, either.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 09:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Can’t let Shaun Alexander get a head of steam, either.

I'm glad at least someone got it 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 09:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Can’t let Shaun Alexander get a head of steam, either.

and need to contain Jacob  Green on edge, comon Jonah!
Reply/Quote
I wasn’t gonna have a comment but if Burrow is even close to what he was Sunday i think we win easily

Geno just isn’t that guy
-Housh
Reply/Quote

(10-10-2023, 09:47 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm glad at least someone got it 

We'll be okay as long as Burrow correctly makes his reads with the Legion of Boom.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 01:50 PM)SeahawkFan11 Wrote: Seattle is 11th DVOA in pass D and top 10 in total defense DVOA. They got into a shootout with the Lions. If you think our secondary is garbage you’re in for a rude awakening. I like the Bengals but there’s a reason it’s a 2 point spread

Read the forum descriptions. Jungle Noise is BENGALS FANS ONLY.

And yes you're 31st against the pass. DVOA is a meaningless junk stat. You've played 5 games and only the Giants didn't throw for at least 300 yards on you. 
Reply/Quote
Seattle isn't Arizona. We will see, but we need to string together back to back wins because SF is looking like a loss. I agree with whoever said Seattle was a must win just as Arizona was.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 10:26 AM)kalibengal Wrote: and need to contain Jacob  Green on edge, comon Jonah!

Cortez Kennedy (I know, a DT)
Michael Sinclair
Patrick Kerney
Julian Peterson

So much more recent!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Seattle is a good team, but they're not a great team. Two of their three wins thus far were vs. just bad teams, Giants, Panthers. We have them at home and yes we really, really, need this game. You have to win the games you should and that applies here. Because.......

Our upcoming schedule is tough, to say the least. 49ers - on road, Bills and a trending up with CJ Stroud Texans team. Then Ravens, Steelers, Jags all good teams.

Our margin for error is small if we're gonna make a playoff run.
Reply/Quote
We hold off their pass rush and we win easily even without Tee

They get around 4-8 sacks and i don’t see how we win. Geno is VERY GOOD. He’s not Dobbs throwing dumbass INTs near his own endzone
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:36 PM)Housh Wrote: We hold off their pass rush and we win easily even without Tee

They get around 4-8 sacks and i don’t see how we win. Geno is VERY GOOD. He’s not Dobbs throwing dumbass INTs near his own endzone

Outside of the 11 sack monstrosity against the Giants they have 6 sacks in the other three. Geno has been okay so far this year. 

If the defense tackles and doesn't give up stupid big plays to misdirection and we get Burrow from last week plus decent line and receiver play we should be favored. 
Reply/Quote