Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Second Half Defense Against The Dolphins
Did you see the Cincinnati defense take over the game in the second half? I certainly hope so because it will require that sort of defensive intensity to beat the Steelers this weekend. Teryl Austin knew the offense wasn’t firing on all cylinders so I’m sure he told his players at half time it’s up to them to win the game.

What I saw was amazing. I saw schemes which made sense, players adjusting each other to achieve the right positions, and I saw speed. Oooh! The speed! The second half against the Dolphins was the closest to the ‘00 Baltimore Ravens I’ve seen the Bengals play yet.

If Cincinnati can dial up four quarters of this defense against Pittsburgh then the Bengals will take a 5-1 record into Kansas City and maybe, just maybe, come away at 6-1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Did you see the Cincinnati defense take over the game in the second half?  I certainly hope so because it will require that sort of defensive intensity to beat the Steelers this weekend.  Teryl Austin knew the offense wasn’t firing on all cylinders so I’m sure he told his players at half time it’s up to them to win the game.

What I saw was amazing.  I saw schemes which made sense, players adjusting each other to achieve the right positions, and I saw speed. Oooh!  The speed!  The second half against the Dolphins was the closest to the ‘00 Baltimore Ravens I’ve seen the Bengals play yet.

If Cincinnati can dial up four quarters of this defense against Pittsburgh then the Bengals will take a 5-1 record into Kansas City and maybe, just maybe, come away at 6-1.

Two things have to happen on D for us to win. The front 7 have to stop the run, have to. Pittsburgh is sure to try and ram it down our throat and if they can.......anyways. The 2nd is our DB's have to finish every play, they can't quit covering after 3 seconds.

The 3rd is keep Andy Dalton protected but that's another thread.

Do this and we have a good chance.
Reply/Quote
They finished strong, for sure. Here's hoping they can finish strong next Sunday. Too many strong Bengal starts have ended in Steeler victories.

Rise above the inevitable bullshit and just keep playing, no matter the score is.

Have to have better tackling from now on. Way too many missed tackles.

My single biggest fear in this game is the consequence of not being able to get Ben on the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:03 PM)McC Wrote: They finished strong, for sure.  Here's hoping they can finish strong next Sunday.  Too many strong Bengal starts have ended in Steeler victories.

Rise above the inevitable bullshit and just keep playing, no matter the score is.

Have to have better tackling from now on.  Way too many missed tackles.  

My single biggest fear in this game is the consequence of not being able to get Ben on the ground.

Every Bengals player should be issued a set of ear plugs, ear plugs that is that block out everything that comes out of Squeeler mouths. Ignore the noise should be the words of the week.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Every Bengals player should be issued a set of ear plugs, ear plugs that is that block out everything that comes out of Squeeler mouths. Ignore the noise should be the words of the week.
It will be there.  That's a dead nuts certainty, and even more so if the game is close and even more if the Bengals are winning.  They've shown they can get a lead on these guys.  Now it's time to start bringing it home.  Losing to us represents colossal failure to them.   And they've already been tied and should have been beaten by the even lowlier Browns.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yes, it looked like a different team. But why?

We need to crush the Steelers and then our Sunday night game against KC will be very interesting. Every game must be a "prove it" game, and the KC game will need to be we can topple an undefeated. The problem is you can barely touch QBs nowadays, so a Steph curry like QB is not allowed to get hurt by a G. Atkins diet.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The front 4 need to hit Piggy.... a lot. He does not like it. He gets hit enough, he will fake an injury and go to the sideline. I really don't even care if it gets a flag, as long as they hit him hard enough that he feels it. You can bet they will be trying to injure Dalton.....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:03 PM)McC Wrote: Have to have better tackling from now on.  Way too many missed tackles.  

This before all else.
Reply/Quote
For whatever reason, WJIII seemed to wake up and was contesting passes (even shorter ones) in the 4th quarter. It couldn't have come at a better time with him facing Antonio Brown this week.

I agree with the earlier sentiment that Conner needs to be tackled by the first contact and no one tackles alone.

I kind of hope we see a Tyler Boyd pass to AJ Green (or someone...Ross?) as a trick play middle finger to the steelers....only after we are up 21 points Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:03 PM)McC Wrote: They finished strong, for sure.  Here's hoping they can finish strong next Sunday.  Too many strong Bengal starts have ended in Steeler victories.

Have to have better tackling from now on.  Way too many missed tackles.  

The tackling needs to be fixed wrap them up get them on the ground everyone meet at the guy with the football tackle as a team.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:16 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The tackling needs to be fixed wrap them up get them on the ground everyone meet at the guy with the football tackle as a team.

Yes, they have gave up way to many YAC on a lot of plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes, they have gave up way to many YAC on a lot of plays.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
If the D can carry that 2nd half play into the remaining games then this team will be ready for a deep playoff run. Was fun watching that D line do what we all expected them to do at the beginning of the season. You could tell they were having fun and I’d like to see it carry into the game against Pitt.

That said, they MUST shore up the tackling. So many plays that could be kept short of the line to gain however given up due to poor tackling.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 05:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, it looked like a different team. But why?

We need to crush the Steelers and then our Sunday night game against KC will be very interesting. Every game must be a "prove it" game, and the KC game will need to be we can topple an undefeated. The problem is you can barely touch QBs nowadays, so a Steph curry like QB is not allowed to get hurt by a G. Atkins diet.

For one they got up in the WR's faces instead of giving that 10 yard cushion they have been Hopefully Austin believes in them enough after that showing to do it more often. 

Geno is one of the rare ones that will not get that roughing call often. Too short to lunge at QB's head and generally stays on his feet after knocking QB flat to ground not coming down with he is weight on him. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 05:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, it looked like a different team. But why?

Disagree. Geno is one of the most underrated tacklers when it comes to sacks in the league. Notice how the rule changes have had zero effect on him?

In fact, Geno is often standing up, and just pushes the guy down. Mahomes and Ben are bigger bodies though, but Geno has great finesse when he gets to the QB. He never has been one to have his whole bodyweight on the QB.
Reply/Quote
After all the stats that Jay Morrison posted the only stat that matters is we start every game out with a score of 0 to 0.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 03:31 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: After all the stats that Jay Morrison posted the only stat that matters is we start every game out with a score of 0 to 0.

It matters to me, I sat through everyone of those games!    Trust me, I want to break the cycle but this will me a tall order.   I remember the season Kansas City came here 10-0 and we won.  Peter Warrick returned a punt.   It can happen, but on the road, at night,  against a good team is really really tough.   Granted, let's focus on Pittsburgh first.   Win both of these and everyone will be talking.   Lose them and we are just pretenders again.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, I fear the Steelers perfectly match up against our pass protection. I fear a long day for Andy Dalton. You can quote me here.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:02 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Unfortunately, I fear the Steelers perfectly match up against our pass protection. I fear a long day for Andy Dalton. You can quote me here.

Going to say you're wrong and the train rolls on. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We will have both VB and PB lined up with NV and all 3 have histories of decent if not excellent tackling skills. Against the fins VB was just getting his feet wet with his first game of the season and I have a hunch he'll be kind of fired up for this one .
I'd LOVE to see Jessie pick off Rottenbooger more than once and for the Dline lay down the law and nail em in the backfield on multiple occasions.  In short I'm hoping for them to totally and utterly demoralize the Squats so they go home to whine about how mean we were to them and how unfair it all was.. 
Probably won't happen to that extent, but it's what I hope for.. ThumbsUp

Us winning by 72-0 would be a wet dream come true and I'm not predicting it happens which is to say I'm not making any predictions..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote