Joe Mixon

3RD ROUND PICKS
Ken Anderson
David Fulcher
Reggie Williams
Jim LeClair
Rodney Holeman
Mo Sanu

I know that if you look at the complete list there are more misses than hits. But that is true for EVERY 
NFL team. The point I am making is that it is possible to get some very good players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Overall the Bengals have drafted 19 Pro Bowl players including 8 first team All-Pros in the second and third rounds.
Reply/Quote
Wow, what a list!! Thanks for sharing. I never looked at an overview like this of our 2nd round picks.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I have assumed for a long time we would take Burrow, so really today is almost like the first day of the draft for me. It could go any direction at this point. Very exciting with us sitting at 33.
Reply/Quote
Whoever they draft needs to provide some really
Meaningful plays this year and provide some real
Juice on game day , unlike last year's 2nd RD pick
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Whoever they draft needs to provide some really
Meaningful plays this year and provide some real
Juice on game day , unlike last year's 2nd RD pick

Generally less than half of second round picks are starters as rookies, but many of the ones who do not start as rookies develop into very good players.

But I agree that the Bengals have so many holes that they REALLY need to find some instant impact with their second round pick this year.
Reply/Quote
I want Logan Stenberg in the 3rd!
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Chris Henry and Sam Hubbard in the 3rd, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I've always felt like the Bengals would take the best player in round 2 regardless.
Reply/Quote
Any combination of these would be fine

2nd Round
Baun
Jones
Mims
Pitmann
Shennault

3rd Round
Prince WTFenoa
Claypool
Davis-Gaither
Logan Wilson
Rbt Hunt
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:24 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Any combination of these would be fine

2nd Round
Baun
Jones
Mims
Pitmann
Shennault

3rd Round
Prince WTFenoa
Claypool
Davis-Gaither
Logan Wilson
Rbt Hunt

Not big on Gay Jr? 3rd too high?

Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to find from the draft two starters, LB and LG. On the Oline all other positions are filled with guys on hefty deals.
No room at WR or RB for a new starter and TE won't be addressed.
On defense where they needing a new starter besides LB? I don't see it.
So it has to be Baun at #33.
Niang/Hunt at #65?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not big on Gay Jr? 3rd too high?

No, I just forgot to include him. Wish we had more tape on him. He's a high risk/high reward kind of guy. I'm sure Zac consulted with Tem Lukabu our former LBs coach. He worked with Gay at Miss State. 

ADG would be a safer pick. Helluva an athlete and solid citizen whose dad coaches WRs for Army. Can you get more solid than that? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind drafting two WRs (like Mims or Pittman in 2 or 3, and AGG in the 4th or later) or two OLs (Jones in 2, Stenberg or Prince in 3 or later), with a LB like ADG in between.
Reply/Quote
True, this is where we make hay man. So many good players should be available and we are in the perfect positions.
Reply/Quote