Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sega Genesis Mini
About 10yrs ago, I was standing in line at Dollar Store and seen an Atari flashback game console. Had a few brewskies in the blood and bought it thinking it would be cool to go retro and play some old time games from my youth. However, I didn’t take it out of the box and it sat in the closet till last weekend, when the wife and I decided to try it. Well, we only played about an hour or so until it was just too horrible to try and fake enjoying the game. I forgot how bad the graphics actually were.

During the next week, we discussed how it would be cool if we could buy a used Nintendo online. Yet, although the idea was interesting, I can hardly ever seem to trust buying stuff like that (defects, bed bugs, etc) and didn’t do it. I looked, I was tempted, but just couldn’t get past my concerns of how bad the idea could be. So, I started searching online for other options.

I shortly realized that Sega had released their mini retro system late in 2019, and our local Walmart had it in stock. I owned a Sega Genesis after departing the military, and I remembered it being a good, fun system to play. Searched reviews and, well, they were great reviews from the majority. So, we bought one. We spent a lot of time together playing this weekend and had a lot of fun. We were not disappointed at all with this $59 purchase. So, for those of you between 35-40 and up who liked this system, I strongly recommend. We’re having a great time with it.

Games included:
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Space Harrier II
  • Shining Force
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  • Toe Jam & Earl
  • Comix Zone
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Altered Beast
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Castle of Illusion Staring Mickey Mouse