Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seize the Dey !
Don't you folks speak Latin to make it official? It's Carpe Diem.. The other part is kind of unofficial   
[Image: pmZ1mYZIj]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh, You mean Susan Dey.

Yeah, I'd seize that

[Image: susan-dey-looker-swimsuit-6.jpg]

Couple beers and I would.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh, You mean Susan Dey.

Yeah, I'd seize that

[Image: susan-dey-looker-swimsuit-6.jpg]
The same Susan Dey from the Partidge Family?  She's got a few miles on her by now, but the version from the series wasn't too hateful. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 10:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: The same Susan Dey from the Partidge Family?  She's got a few miles on her by now, but the version from the series wasn't too hateful. 

Like em a little more curvaceous personally.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But just going by pic.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 08:33 AM)BengalD Wrote: C'mon racer, as an original fan since 68 - I could swear that I'm the one that has snake bitten this crew.

I don't know, man, the Bengals and I were born at the same exact time.  Always felt a connection to them.  Guess what I finished in our conference championships two years in a row?  Second.  I did finally win it all at Nationals when I was 32, so there is hope for the Bengals yet.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 11:53 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I cut my tickets in half this year going from 4 to 2 myself as well. 

Sorry to hear about your Father, went for almost 20 years with Dad before he passed 9 years ago. 

Was a sad day and now go in his honor.

That's awesome.  I went from 4 to 2 and back to 4, but my son has zero interest and I would essentially be going alone.  I told my dad that we will watch every home game together and do carryout from the Paragon (amazing steaks) to consume during the games and still save money.  And at the very least we are doing it together.  
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 12:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Seize the Dey !  ……..not day.

I like it and am excited for upcoming year. Apologize if that is offensive to anybody, or in poor taste.

Might not be as cool as you.

This should seriously be on T-shirts
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 08:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Happy for you, but kind of sad.  This is the first year since the new stadium opened that I won't be getting season tickets.  It was my call, and a difficult one, but my father's health and my recent divorce are forcing me to play pretty conservative.  

I honestly believe I may have helped the team by not renewing.  If they are going to win the Super Bowl, it would only make sense that it be the year I give up my tickets.  

Sorry for your divorce and prayers for your Dad. MY nephew also gave up his tickets, (25 year ticket holder) and the rest of my group did also so yep this may be the year....LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 07:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This should seriously be on T-shirts

Suspect it will, sent a mini picture (8"x10") with slogan on it with tickets plus window sticker.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 07:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's awesome.  I went from 4 to 2 and back to 4, but my son has zero interest and I would essentially be going alone.  I told my dad that we will watch every home game together and do carryout from the Paragon (amazing steaks) to consume during the games and still save money.  And at the very least we are doing it together.  

Amazing plan that am certain you will not regret. Better spent with Father then at stadium, and waaayyyyy cheaper to boot. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 12:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Amazing plan that am certain you will not regret. Better spent with Father then at stadium, and waaayyyyy cheaper to boot. 

Yep. Plus, no DUI risk. Well, unless you run out of beer at halftime then yikes? 

Reply/Quote
Not sure how to post pics on here so put them on "the Bengals board" Facebook page if anybody wants to see

just go to visitors posts.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 12:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep. Plus, no DUI risk. Well, unless you run out of beer at halftime then yikes? 

come on Harley, running out of beer at halftime while at home is a "rookie" move that would get you benched, lol.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 01:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: come on Harley, running out of beer at halftime while at home is a "rookie" move that would get you benched, lol.  

Lol, I do a beer count morning of game.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 01:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lol, I do a beer count morning of game.

NowNow that is what I am talking about. Who-Dey !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 09:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: NowNow that is what I am talking about. Who-Dey !

[Image: 2127602_1.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 08:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry for your divorce and prayers for your Dad. MY nephew also gave up his tickets, (25 year ticket holder) and the rest of my group did also so yep this may be the year....LOL

Yeah, we were the last of a long time group and it just became too hard with his knee issue.  Thanks for the kind words.  It is really nice, at least, to not have to worry about blackouts any longer.  The bluetooth feature on the sound bar also means I don't have to listen to the shit reporting and I can have Dan and Lap call the game.  
Reply/Quote
Ok, well saw this video this morning. Kinda of a nice symmetry of both fans and players getting ready for game-day. The Kirkpatrick thing made me chuckle a little. 

https://www.bengals.com/video/seize-the-dey

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 12:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Amazing plan that am certain you will not regret. Better spent with Father then at stadium.

VERY true.   Spent a lot of quality time with my Dad in the last two years before he succumbed to Parkinson's.  I think they are by far the best memories I will have of him.  We honestly got to truly know each other in his 90th and 91st years.

Well done SHRacerX.   Hope one of my kids gives me the same TLC.

Hang in there brother!
Reply/Quote