Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seize the day
They should seize this day to clean house. How any player could be inspired/motivated by Marvin is beyond me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:12 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: They should seize this day to clean house. How any player could be inspired/motivated by Marvin is beyond me.

I thought this same thing during and after the 2010 season, but we just assumed it was the players on that team were the problem. 
Reply/Quote
SERENITY NOW!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:10 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: SERENITY NOW!

The Bengals are run about as well as Kruger Industrial Smoothing lol

Reply/Quote
Seizing that top 5 draft pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I guess I don't really see the point anymore.  Who really should care if the Bengals are a bad team?  Laying on the couch yesterday watching the latest dismantling of our team, I stopped to reflect back on how upset I was when Taylor caught that pass from Montana in Super Bowl 23.  Then I realized that was 30 years ago.  Next, I did some quick math which revealed this: 30 years x 3 hours/game x 16 games = 1440 hours/24 hours per day = 60 days of my life I have spent watching the Bengals do pretty much the same thing year after year.  I'm not even counting all the time reading message boards, news articles, tv shows, etc.

Don't get me wrong, we've had some ups, but even more downs in that time.  At 43 years old, I am realizing my mortality and how precious time really is.  I began thinking that I'd like to spend more time with my children and the things that matter and less time with the Bengals (as interesting as they can be sometimes).  I then considered my expectations, which I have found to be completely wrong the whole time.  Mike Brown has not and perhaps cannot bring us fans the winner we've always dreamed of.  As long as he remains, the organization will not be able to move forward due to the decisions he makes.  

The Broncos were leading 21-10 at that point and I drifted off to sleep.  When I woke up, Mark Walton carried the ball as time expired.  The game was over and our season as well.  I guess I really didn't care at that point or anymore at all even.  My mentality has changed and hopefully my behavior as well.  While I will still follow the Bengals, until there are some real changes, I don't see any point in getting excited about much of anything.  

However, I still am pretty pissed about John Taylor though!  :paul: (Billups too for that matter.)
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought this same thing during and after the 2010 season, but we just assumed it was the players on that team were the problem. 

It's both but there's probably not a player, if being truthful, that you could sit around at a bar with over a beer who would disagree with having to play for a HC who is such a bumbling f___k. It's human nature to NOT be at one's best in a losing culture, playing/working for a guy who doesn't even utilize the simplest of tasks in knowing when to call/ not call time-outs..
Reply/Quote
We are only one player (from almost each position) Away from the super bowl. We should give Marvin a chance. 15 years is not enough. Name one coach that has won the super bowl with less than 16 years with a team.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Seizing that top 5 draft pick.

We wouldn’t even have a top 5 pick if the season ended today. Jets, Raiders, Browns, Jags, NYG, 49ers, Lions, and Falcons all have fewer wins.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I guess I don't really see the point anymore.  Who really should care if the Bengals are a bad team?  Laying on the couch yesterday watching the latest dismantling of our team, I stopped to reflect back on how upset I was when Taylor caught that pass from Montana in Super Bowl 23.  Then I realized that was 30 years ago.  Next, I did some quick math which revealed this: 30 years x 3 hours/game x 16 games = 1440 hours/24 hours per day = 60 days of my life I have spent watching the Bengals do pretty much the same thing year after year.  I'm not even counting all the time reading message boards, news articles, tv shows, etc.

Don't get me wrong, we've had some ups, but even more downs in that time.  At 43 years old, I am realizing my mortality and how precious time really is.  I began thinking that I'd like to spend more time with my children and the things that matter and less time with the Bengals (as interesting as they can be sometimes).  I then considered my expectations, which I have found to be completely wrong the whole time.  Mike Brown has not and perhaps cannot bring us fans the winner we've always dreamed of.  As long as he remains, the organization will not be able to move forward due to the decisions he makes.  

The Broncos were leading 21-10 at that point and I drifted off to sleep.  When I woke up, Mark Walton carried the ball as time expired.  The game was over and our season as well.  I guess I really didn't care at that point or anymore at all even.  My mentality has changed and hopefully my behavior as well.  While I will still follow the Bengals, until there are some real changes, I don't see any point in getting excited about much of anything.  

However, I still am pretty pissed about John Taylor though!  :paul: (Billups too for that matter.)
And yet at only 43 you're only getting started on your journey of disappointment in this team .
In the immortal words of my 90 year old pop, Wait till you get to be my age .  I've been listening to that since I can remember and he's still saying it .  LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Next year we need to go back to our normal catchphrase. #Bengals50 and #SeizeTheDey were disasters. We should just go back to plain old regular Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We wouldn’t even have a top 5 pick if the season ended today. Jets, Raiders, Browns, Jags, NYG, 49ers, Lions, and Falcons all have fewer wins.

No worries, there's 4 games left and we'll be giving the Raiders and Browns one more win each.

Just think about it, the Bengals are a half game out of last place. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:15 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Next year we need to go back to our normal catchphrase. #Bengals50 and #SeizeTheDey were disasters. We should just go back to plain old regular Who Dey.

Who Dey is so silly when we suck though. The answer is everyone.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:12 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: They should seize this day to clean house. How any player could be inspired/motivated by Marvin is beyond me.

No doubt.  How any player can look at Marvin and believe his message is beyond me.

Can you just imagine being a rookie (or any other player) sitting in the auditorium during Marv's Training Camp opening speech to the team?  You'd be like what?  Is this guy serious?  Sieze the day, do your job, etc.  You'd start looking around the room thinking is this just me?  Nope it's not!

Marv's history is well written.  Every new player that comes through that door know it before they get here.  What a way to start your career.  Like having a wheel in the sand from the get-go.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We wouldn’t even have a top 5 pick if the season ended today. Jets, Raiders, Browns, Jags, NYG, 49ers, Lions, and Falcons all have fewer wins.

Four games left.  Keep the faith!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I guess I don't really see the point anymore.  Who really should care if the Bengals are a bad team?  Laying on the couch yesterday watching the latest dismantling of our team, I stopped to reflect back on how upset I was when Taylor caught that pass from Montana in Super Bowl 23.  Then I realized that was 30 years ago.  Next, I did some quick math which revealed this: 30 years x 3 hours/game x 16 games = 1440 hours/24 hours per day = 60 days of my life I have spent watching the Bengals do pretty much the same thing year after year.  I'm not even counting all the time reading message boards, news articles, tv shows, etc.

I'm very close to your age.  I think what keeps guys like us around is that we've been at the precipice, and it was during our youth.  We've experienced the excitement of your team being in the Super Bowl, and all that accompanies the lead up to the game.  It was also during a time in our lives when things like that seemed even grander than they were.....a true spectacle.  We still cling to that hope, that one day, we'll get to relive all of that, and maybe even win this time.

As for these younger cats?  I dunno.....man, you guys must REALLY be gluttons for punishment! Cool LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought this same thing during and after the 2010 season, but we just assumed it was the players on that team were the problem. 

Where did the anti Carson Palmer and Chad Johnsons touch you?

Because it you have a knack for mentioning how people responded to controversies leading to the Dalton-Green era. Like, a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:51 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Where did the anti Carson Palmer and Chad Johnsons touch you?

Because it you have a knack for mentioning how people responded to controversies leading to the Dalton-Green era. Like, a lot.

To be fair.....it's history repeating itself.....I think he's just making a point of that.  Lots of people have short memories.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:51 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Where did the anti Carson Palmer and Chad Johnsons touch you?

A knack?  I'm intentionally mentioning it in order to give people what I see to be some perspective on what has been wrong with this franchise for the past decade plus. These past few seasons have been as disappointing as 2010, but for some reason we aren't content with blaming it on the players and giving Marvin Lewis another chance. Why is that?

Why not just replace Dalton and Green with players who "want to be here" and all that other crap we heaped on the situation after the 2010 season? Lordy, we're looking at our 3rd losing season in a row...the worst stretch in the Marvin Lewis era and there is no guarantee he won't be let go after it. It only took us another 8 years to see the light?

We knew the actual issue in 2010, but Mike Brown wasn't going to fix it so we deluded ourselves into thinking that Mike's method of fixing nothing was going to work. Here we are watching players we like better than Chad/Carson/TO show the same frustrations. Hey, let's just keep Marvin again and keep kicking that can down the road.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm very close to your age.  I think what keeps guys like us around is that we've been at the precipice, and it was during our youth.  We've experienced the excitement of your team being in the Super Bowl, and all that accompanies the lead up to the game.  It was also during a time in our lives when things like that seemed even grander than they were.....a true spectacle.  We still cling to that hope, that one day, we'll get to relive all of that, and maybe even win this time.

As for these younger cats?  I dunno.....man, you guys must REALLY be gluttons for punishment! Cool LMAO

I think half of this fan base became Steeler fans during the 90's when we were being blacked out and Pitt was on every week in our own back yard.
Reply/Quote