Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Select Bengal Core Players
Who would your top (5) core players be for the Bengals to build around? Select only 5 current players and do not include FA or future drafted players. Also, do not select only by positions like TE, OT, etc.; but by name.

This was difficult for me because I know it will not be feasible to keep all the players I would like to keep this team competitive. So here are my picks:

1-Joey B. QB
2-Chase WR
3-Wilson LB
4-Reader NT
5-Hendrickson DE

I don't know if Chido will be back, and I think CTB will be a force by next two years, he is beastly. But these are my core ATM. What are yours?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1.) Burrow- Franchise QB and best QB in the League

2.) Chase- Best Wr in the League

3.) Jonah Williams- Franchise LT and First Pick of the Taylor Era.

4.) Sam Hubbard- Complete DE who embodies everything about the City.

5.)Tee Higgins- a top 10 player at his position.

If we go top 10
6.) Bates
7.) Reader
8.) Hendrickson
9.)Wilson
10.) Auwzie
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:44 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Burrow- Franchise QB and best QB in the League

2.) Chase- Best Wr in the League

3.) Jonah Williams- Franchise LT and First Pick of the Taylor Era.

4.) Sam Hubbard- Complete  DE who embodies everything about the  City.

5.)Tee  Higgins- a top 10 player at his position.

If we go top 10
6.) Bates
7.) Reader
8.) Hendrickson
9.)Wilson
10.) Auwzie

Higgins over Chase?  I wish Bengals could keep both, but IDK.  I seriously doubt Bengals offering a new contract to JW.  But that is just me.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:05 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Higgins over Chase?  I wish Bengals could keep both, but IDK.  I seriously doubt Bengals offering a new contract to JW.  But that is just me.

Chase is #2 on his list
Reply/Quote
1. Joe Burrow
2. Jamarr Chase
3. Logan Wilson
4. Sam Hubbard - I think Hendrickson is better, but there's something about Hubbard I'd like to keep around if we only had to pick one.
5. DJ Reader

Others: Tee Higgins, Vonn Bell, Trey Hendrickson, Jonah Williams, Chidobe Awuzie (Still surprised how well the secondary held up w/o him).

I hope we can keep all these guys, but that would take them all giving a little something up to do so.

I highly think Williams should be retained. If for no other reason than he most likely would be less expensive yet solid at LT compared to paying an extraordinary and dominant LT. Unless of course he costs too much. As a serviceable at worst LT he could certainly command a contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 05:03 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Chase is #2 on his list

oh.  Evidently I learn to read.... Hilarious
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Trying to take finances into account as well:

Burrow
Chase
Hubbard
Wilson
Higgins (I still think there will be a way to keep both and go cheap at RB and TE, as they have low costs at CB now and starting FS next year)

My next 5:

Bell
Reader (only not top 5 because of age)
Hendrickson
Money Mac (yes, a damn kicker)
Kappa/Karras/Volson- The tackles may change, but the interior should be together for a while
Reply/Quote
Burrow- obviously
Chase- 1A
Higgins- 1B
Pratt-is becoming a bit of a playmaker
Bell- Much needed veteran presence in an otherwise young secondary.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
First 5:

Joe Burrow
Alex Cappa
Trey Hendrickson
Ja'Marr Chase
Logan Wilson

5 more:

Chidobe Awuzie
Vonn Bell
B.J. Hill
Tee Higgins
D.J. Reader

Reply/Quote
Burrow
Chase
Karras
Bell
Wilson

I would have put McPherson on there, but it's about building a roster around these guys, and you don't really build a roster around a Kicker.
With that said, McPherson is one of the key pieces on this team, guaranteed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
1. Joe Burrow
2. Ja'Maar Chase
These first two go hand-in-hand.

3. Evan McPherson
4. Cal Adomitis
These next two go hand-in-hand as well.

5. DJ Reader
Once you stop the ground game, it makes the opposing offense one-dimensional.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow
Chase
Karras
Bell
Wilson

I would have put McPherson on there, but it's about building a roster around these guys, and you don't really build a roster around a Kicker.
With that said, McPherson is one of the key pieces on this team, guaranteed.

Karras is one of those personable players that fuels team chemistry 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
My core 5 are Burrow, Chase, Reader, Higgins and...man...either Pratt or Wilson.

Higgins may end up being replaced because he will be too expensive once we lock up Burrow and Chase but, I don't know, I think Burrow is the kind of player who will take a non-max contract if it means keeping his 2nd best target around long term. I would never expect a person to take less money than they're worth, but if Burrow pulls a Tom Brady, I think Higgins gets re-signed. I also think there's a chance he takes a hometown discount to stick with Chase and Burrow (I think Boyd may take a good contract too to stay here, but we'll see. It will likely be his last big contract).

The highest paid WR duo in the NFL this season are DaVante Adams and Hunter Renfrow of the Las Vegas Raiders. They are making 44.1 million dollars between the two of them on average. And that's with their TE making 17M AAV and their QB making 40.5M AAV. In the next 3 years, when Chase's contract comes due, the cap will likely raise a fair amount, so would we be able to afford giving two players ~50 to 55 million? I think so. Especially if Burrow takes a non-max deal.

Keeping Higgins becomes much easier if we end up not picking up Mixon's 2024 option (which is looking pretty hard to justify at this moment), which would mean his money frees up in the same off season that Higgins will need a new contract.

It's tough to choose between the two LBs. Wilson is definitely the more consistent player over the last few years, but Pratt has really exploded this year. He is amazing against the run, he is a powerful hitter and he seems to be extremely clutch. Look at the interception against Las Vegas in the playoffs or the forced fumble on Sunday.

I always get nervous when a player breaks out in their contract year, but it's going to be hard to choose between the two of them.
Reply/Quote
1. Burrow
2. Chase
3. Reader
4. Hubbard
5. Wilson

Bell
Pratt
Karras
Cappa
Volson
McPhearson

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For me there are 6, 3 on O and 3 on D.

Offense:
1. Burrow
2. Chase
3. Higgins

Defense:
1. Hendrickson
2. Reader
3. Wilson

Chido for sure if he was not hurt. Hubbard, Bell, Cappa, and Karras would round out my top 10 without Awuzie. Too early to tell on CTB, Volson, etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My core 5 are Burrow, Chase, Reader, Higgins and...man...either Pratt or Wilson.

Higgins may end up being replaced because he will be too expensive once we lock up Burrow and Chase but, I don't know, I think Burrow is the kind of player who will take a non-max contract if it means keeping his 2nd best target around long term. I would never expect a person to take less money than they're worth, but if Burrow pulls a Tom Brady, I think Higgins gets re-signed. I also think there's a chance he takes a hometown discount to stick with Chase and Burrow (I think Boyd may take a good contract too to stay here, but we'll see. It will likely be his last big contract).

The highest paid WR duo in the NFL this season are DaVante Adams and Hunter Renfrow of the Las Vegas Raiders. They are making 44.1 million dollars between the two of them on average. And that's with their TE making 17M AAV and their QB making 40.5M AAV. In the next 3 years, when Chase's contract comes due, the cap will likely raise a fair amount, so would we be able to afford giving two players ~50 to 55 million? I think so. Especially if Burrow takes a non-max deal.

Keeping Higgins becomes much easier if we end up not picking up Mixon's 2024 option (which is looking pretty hard to justify at this moment), which would mean his money frees up in the same off season that Higgins will need a new contract.

It's tough to choose between the two LBs. Wilson is definitely the more consistent player over the last few years, but Pratt has really exploded this year. He is amazing against the run, he is a powerful hitter and he seems to be extremely clutch. Look at the interception against Las Vegas in the playoffs or the forced fumble on Sunday.

I always get nervous when a player breaks out in their contract year, but it's going to be hard to choose between the two of them.

I don't think Mixon is the best RB on the team thus far this year.  Let Mixon and Bates walk, maybe they can keep higgins. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Burrow
Chase
Reader
Wilson
Hilton
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Burrow
Mcpherson
Hubbard
Wilson
Chase

But many more that could be in there
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Who would your top (5) core players be for the Bengals to build around? Select only 5 current players and do not include FA or future drafted players. Also, do not select only by positions like TE, OT, etc.; but by name.

This was difficult for me because I know it will not be feasible to keep all the players I would like to keep this team competitive. So here are my picks:

1-Joey B. QB
2-Chase WR
3-Wilson LB
4-Reader NT
5-Hendrickson DE

I don't know if Chido will be back, and I think CTB will be a force by next two years, he is beastly. But these are my core ATM. What are yours?

Trey, Reader, Burrow, Tee and Chase.

Only hard choice was putting Trey over Logan. I just feel in todays NFL a pass rusher is more important than a great coverage LB
-Housh
Reply/Quote
1. Joe Brrrr - Franchise QB
2. Ja’Marr Chase - Top 3 WR in the game
3. Tee Higgins - Top 10 WR
4. Jonah Williams - See how hard it is to find a good LT
5. DJ Reader - AFC North football means you have to stop the run.

This was really tough with a roster full of talent.
Reply/Quote