Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike M Mock#1
Forget the UDFA's not happening.

On to the Draft:

Round 1: Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
Speed, great hands, doesn't separate from defenders, he just blows by them. Would be awesome to see Davis on the field halfway thru the year, forcing teams to pay attention to Davis, Green and Eifert. Boyd will be out there moon-walking.

Round 2: Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
What to say, he's a very skilled 3 down player with a ding in his past. Let the past go, and see how he goes.

Round 3: Ethan Pocic C Louisiana State University
Very versatile, has played all 5 OL positions, but we need a Center first.

Round 4: Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan
In 2015, as an RG, he tossed OSU DL around like they were rag dolls. Has experience as RT, but best position is RG.

Round 4: Charles Walker DL Oklahoma
Came out a year too early, should've stayed for his Sr year. Started showing promise as Soph and built up on it as a JR. Same size as Atkins and will back him up.

Round 5: Eric Saubert TE Drake
Needs to develop consistency, makes an eye-popping play, then follows it up with a drop on the next. Has a Starter Ceiling and is considered a diamond in the rough. Shows ability to be a blocker in the future.

Round 5: Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
Played LT all 4 years at Bucknell. Shows good hands, bend, kick slides, arm length, everything you want in an LT. Just needs experience against better competition.

Round 6: Keionta Davis DE Chattanooga
Keionta needs more experience against better competition, but he does show the burst, arm length and upper body strength you look for in a DE.

Round 6: Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma
Slightly slower version of Will Fuller. Natural glider on the outside and elusive when playing the slot. At this point, I'm just looking for more quality WR depth.

Round 7: Brendan Langley CB Lamar
Little raw as a CB, started career off at UGA, Bulldogs tried to convert him to WR early in the year, then moved him back to CB. The next year he left UGA and went to Lamar where he was a CB the rest of the way. Very coachable and could easily be an NFL Backup for several years.

Round 7: Jordan Morgan OG Kutztown
Hard to pass up on that College name, but the guy is legit. He's a 4 year starter at LT, we would move him to G, does have starter potential, but most likely a career backup.

That's mine for now.
I already know Mixon is not a fan favorite and that's ok, just don't make it the entire focus of your criticism of my draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Poe gets anywhere near $14 mill/year now that the first wave of FA has died down. He'll be lucky to get half of that on a one year prove it deal. Like him as a pickup, though.

I can take or leave, Davis, honestly. I think he will experience a steep learning curve coming from a small school, and may not be as productive as some think in year one. Don't love the pick, but don't hate it, either. Mixon is worth the gamble, imo. Pocic would be good get where you have him. However, the running theme of small school guys throughout this draft concerns me. Due to the aforementioned steeper learning curve, a lot of these guys won't be able to contribute much this year, if ever.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Messing around, got a few FA moves that need to happen soon.

Sign Dontario Poe 4-3 DT 5 years 14mil/year average (26 years old).
Sign Zach Brown 4-3 ILB 5 years 5 mil/year average (27 years old).
Sign Jelani Jenkins 4-3 OLB 5 years 3 mil/year average (26 years old).

These 3 guys should solidify our Defense pretty nicely.

On to the Draft:

Round 1: Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
Speed, great hands, doesn't separate from defenders, he just blows by them. Would be awesome to see Davis on the field halfway thru the year, forcing teams to pay attention to Davis, Green and Eifert. Boyd will be out there moon-walking.

Round 2: Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
What to say, he's a very skilled 3 down player with a ding in his past. Let the past go, and see how he goes.

Round 3: Ethan Pocic C Louisiana State University
Very versatile, has played all 5 OL positions, but we need a Center first.

Round 4: Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan
In 2015, as an RG, he tossed OSU DL around like they were rag dolls. Has experience as RT, but best position is RG.

Round 4: Charles Walker DL Oklahoma
Came out a year too early, should've stayed for his Sr year. Started showing promise as Soph and built up on it as a JR. Same size as Atkins and will back him up.

Round 5: Eric Saubert TE Drake
Needs to develop consistency, makes an eye-popping play, then follows it up with a drop on the next. Has a Starter Ceiling and is considered a diamond in the rough. Shows ability to be a blocker in the future.

Round 5: Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
Played LT all 4 years at Bucknell. Shows good hands, bend, kick slides, arm length, everything you want in an LT. Just needs experience against better competition.

Round 6: Keionta Davis DE Chattanooga
Keionta needs more experience against better competition, but he does show the burst, arm length and upper body strength you look for in a DE.

Round 6: Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma
Slightly slower version of Will Fuller. Natural glider on the outside and elusive when playing the slot. At this point, I'm just looking for more quality WR depth.

Round 7: Brendan Langley CB Lamar
Little raw as a CB, started career off at UGA, Bulldogs tried to convert him to WR early in the year, then moved him back to CB. The next year he left UGA and went to Lamar where he was a CB the rest of the way. Very coachable and could easily be an NFL Backup for several years.

Round 7: Jordan Morgan OG Kutztown
Hard to pass up on that College name, but the guy is legit. He's a 4 year starter at LT, we would move him to G, does have starter potential, but most likely a career backup.

That's mine for now.
I already know Mixon is not a fan favorite and that's ok, just don't make it the entire focus of your criticism of my draft.

I really like the first four picks and the Jenkins and Brown FA's.  Poe is more the classic NT and will probably get 8-10 mill per year now that KC moved on.  Not a fan of Dede Westbrook due to his off field concerns, but I could live with  a round six flier.  
Reply/Quote
Love the draft but ... Poe will not get anything close to $14m a year.

Maybe somewhere around $8-10 mil for sure.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Forget the Free Agents.
The draft based on our FA acquisitions is still not bad.
Reply/Quote