Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sen Dianne Feinstein died
Sen Feinstein from California, the oldest Senator, has died. Governor Newsom will nominate someone to fulfill the remainder of her term.

This leaves the Senate Judiciary Committee deadlocked with the same number of democratic and republican members. Based on previous actions Mitch McConnell will stonewall her replacement to prevent any more judges from being confirmed.

This leaves Iowa Republican Senator Chuck Grassley as the oldest Senator. He is only 3 months younger than Feinstein was

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/29/dianne-feinstein-dead.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://x.com/citizenfreepres/status/1707744869098074303?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA

She got one last vote in apparently…yesterday. RIP
Reply/Quote
RIP
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 10:51 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: https://x.com/citizenfreepres/status/1707744869098074303?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA

She got one last vote in apparently…yesterday. RIP

ya, RIP.

I cannot imagine working literally till the day i die.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 12:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: ya, RIP.

I cannot imagine working literally till the day i die.  

Me either. 
Sad she passed, should have been enjoying those last few years, but i guess she was doing what she liked to do, even though she was passed the point of being there, since i recall them telling her recently which way to vote. 
Reply/Quote
She still ain't gonna step down.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 01:49 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: She still ain't gonna step down.

Having someone else vote in proxy for her corpse is only slightly more disingenuous that what was going on, I must say.
Reply/Quote
RIP
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 10:15 AM)pally Wrote: Sen Feinstein from California, the oldest Senator, has died.  Governor Newsom will nominate someone to fulfill the remainder of her term.

This leaves the Senate Judiciary Committee deadlocked with the same number of democratic and republican members.  Based on previous actions Mitch McConnell will stonewall her replacement to prevent any more judges from being confirmed.

This leaves Iowa Republican Senator Chuck Grassley as the oldest Senator.  He is only 3 months younger than Feinstein was

She obviously was a long serving liberal senator. Prayers for her loved ones and friends. I will wait to discuss politics until she is laid to rest.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It'll be interesting to see if Newsome picks Porter or Schiff to replace her. Both has indicated they were running for the seat next election. If it's one of them they'll have a huge advantage in the primary, which leads me to believe Newsome may pick a placeholder.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 08:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It'll be interesting to see if Newsome picks Porter or Schiff to replace her. Both has indicated they were running for the seat next election. If it's one of them they'll have a huge advantage in the primary, which leads me to believe Newsome may pick a placeholder.

Newsom already said he wouldn’t choose anyone currently running for the open seat in 2024

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 10:45 PM)pally Wrote: Newsom already said he wouldn’t choose anyone currently running for the open seat in 2024

I had a particularly busy day at work today with a high profile case.  Hence I had no further updates on this.  So essentially he's nominating a placeholder.  Unless the "placeholder" is a Newsome crony (color me as thinking this likely) that he will then throw his full weight behind in the primary.  Poor Porter and Schiff.  Sad  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 08:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It'll be interesting to see if Newsome picks Porter or Schiff to replace her.  Both has indicated they were running for the seat next election.  If it's one of them they'll have a huge advantage in the primary, which leads me to believe Newsome may pick a placeholder.

Newsome is on record saying he will place a black woman if Feinstein can no longer serve. so either Kamala Harris or Boxer if he keeps his word

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 11:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Newsome is on record saying he will place a black woman if Feinstein can no longer serve. so either Kamala Harris or Boxer if he keeps his word

Having lived here for close to forty years, I can assure you there are more than two black women in this state.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 11:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Newsome is on record saying he will place a black woman if Feinstein can no longer serve. so either Kamala Harris or Boxer if he keeps his word

Last time I checked Kamala Harris has a job that she is not likely to give up. Barbara Boxer is not African-American.

The name I’ve heard bandied about is 75 year old CA Secretary of State Shirley Weber

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 02:40 AM)pally Wrote: Last time I checked Kamala Harris has a job that she is not likely to give up.  Barbara Boxer is not African-American.

The name I’ve heard bandied about is 75 year old CA Secretary of State Shirley Weber
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/gavin-newsom-dianne-feinstein-seat/index.html

ncluded in that group is a trio of House Democrats: Reps. Katie Porter, Adam Schiff and Barbara Lee, a trailblazer in her own right and the only Black woman running for Feinstein’s seat. The senator had already announced she would not be seeking reelection in 2024.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 11:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/gavin-newsom-dianne-feinstein-seat/index.html

ncluded in that group is a trio of House Democrats: Reps. Katie Porter, Adam Schiff and Barbara Lee, a trailblazer in her own right and the only Black woman running for Feinstein’s seat. The senator had already announced she would not be seeking reelection in 2024.

Newsom has also said he wasn't nominating anyone currently running for the open seat

Reply/Quote

(09-30-2023, 02:40 AM)pally Wrote: Last time I checked Kamala Harris has a job that she is not likely to give up.  Boxer is not African-American.

(09-30-2023, 11:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/gavin-newsom-dianne-feinstein-seat/index.html

Confused
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
It is being reported that Newsom is planning to choose Emily’s List President Laphonza Butler as Feinstein’s replacement. She’s a former union organizer and a political ally of VP Harris. Butler is around 45 years old and Newsom did not ask her to promise not to run in 2024.

Reply/Quote