Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate panel backs intelligence agencies on Russia-Trump conclusions
(07-05-2018, 01:02 PM)Millhouse Wrote: And meeting with a candidates husband on a runway in Arizona. But that was purely coincidental.

I have never understood why Republicans got so bent out of shape over that meeting between Bill and Lynch.  What could they do in an airplane that they could not do over the phone?  And Bill has no authority over Lynch>

So what exactly was the problem with that meeting?
(07-05-2018, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why lie about all the meetings?

Because a foreign national spending money to influence a federal election can be a crime, and if a U.S. citizen coordinates, conspires or assists in the spending then it could be a crime

I'm just talking about that specific point, but they seem to lie before they even know whether they need to or not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2018, 12:05 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh yeah, that's a good counter. Dang.
I'd just guess that was a declared expense, while Putin might... but that's all baseless speculation.

Damn itt would have been a better counter if I had intended it.  I know I should just walk away with a win, but  it was just the most obvious I could remember.   Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-05-2018, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never understood why Republicans got so bent out of shape over that meeting between Bill and Lynch.  What could they do in an airplane that they could not do over the phone?  And Bill has no authority over Lynch>

So what exactly was the problem with that meeting?

The Justice Department was investigating Hillary's emails at the time they met, as she was in full campaign mode. If there wasn't an ongoing investigation, then no one would've cared or reported it like all the news outlets did.

As I said, though, it was just coincidence they met after all.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-05-2018, 03:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The Justice Department was investigating Hillary's emails at the time they met, as she was in full campaign mode. If there wasn't an ongoing investigation, then no one would've cared or reported it like all the news outlets did.

Who cares if they met.  Bill had no authority to influence the investigation.  And even if he did he could have just called her on the phone.

It always seemed like a meaningless thing that the right blew out of proportion.
(07-05-2018, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares if they met.  Bill had no authority to influence the investigation.  And even if he did he could have just called her on the phone.

It always seemed like a meaningless thing that the right blew out of proportion.

I think you underestimate the Clinton political machine he had built. But it wasnt just the right, as CNN and others reported on it, and even they were raising eyebrows why they would have met then of all times.

Myself I raised eyebrows at that as well, just like I did when there was a meeting between someone in Trumps campaign and a Russian or Russians.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

No proof of collusion? Did no one read Trump Jr.'s emails?

Republicans know, that's why you see them secretly huddled up with Russians on Independence day of all days.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-05-2018, 03:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The Justice Department was investigating Hillary's emails at the time they met, as she was in full campaign mode. If there wasn't an ongoing investigation, then no one would've cared or reported it like all the news outlets did.

The outrage over the Bill/Lynch meeting would be fine if Trump supporters weren't once again exposed for being empty vessels. They acted "outraged" over this meeting when Bill wasn't even under investigation yet Trump himself UNDER investigation met with Comey/Sessions and crickets from those same people....

Can a Trump supporter tell me why they were outraged over one and not the other?

I'm telling you guys you can't trust Trump supporters. They have no philosophy, they have no foundation. Just hypocrites who are showing every day under Trump they really didn't care about anything they acted like they cared about for the 8 years under Obama.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-05-2018, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares if they met.  Bill had no authority to influence the investigation.  And even if he did he could have just called her on the phone.

I don't know.  Lynch recused herself, so something must have been tainted from the optics of it.  

There is always the danger Bill could have schmoozed her into burying email investigation results. And he is more effective in person.

Bad judgment on his part, given he knew better than anyone how the Fox machine works. They could connect that meeting to Benghazi in a heartbeat.
(07-05-2018, 10:39 PM)Goalpost Wrote:  Lynch recused herself, so something must have been tainted from the optics of it.  

No she did not.  She just agreed to accept whatever the FBI recommended.