Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden Says No Amendment Is Absolute
(04-12-2021, 12:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Bro, this forum for 4+ years was about trashing Trump; now we will have 4+ years of defending Biden.

I'm not sure if people pointing out that Biden is right about something is really the fanboy-style defense you're making it out to be.  I have run into very few people who actually like Biden outside of him not being Trump.

You seem to try to come off as a "screw em all" sort of centrist, but you view anyone left of Trumpism as being some sort of brainwashed nutbag.  Methinks some projecting is going on here, but meh...that's what the internet is for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 01:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure if people pointing out that Biden is right about something is really the fanboy-style defense you're making it out to be.  I have run into very few people who actually like Biden outside of him not being Trump.

You seem to try to come off as a "screw em all" sort of centrist, but you view anyone left of Trumpism as being some sort of brainwashed nutbag.  Methinks some projecting is going on here, but meh...that's what the internet is for.

Nope, just I what see.  Before it was article after article about how Trump sucks and now it is article after article about right wing this, Republican that.

They all suck.  I am sure there are a couple pols on each side that genuinely mean well, but that's probably about it.

I don't view people left of Trump as anything.  
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 12:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Bro, this forum for 4+ years was about trashing Trump.

Link to all those times Brad trashed Trump over the last 4 years

(04-12-2021, 12:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote:  now we will have 4+ years of defending Biden.

Well if it bothers you so much then attack him for being right about how the Constitution can be amended.  Does that really seem like a "centrist" thing to do?

Kind of funny that a "centrist" like you would get upset over people telling the truth about how the Constitution can be amended just because a Dem said it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I feel like a basic civics test should be required to post in this forum.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 04:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nope, just I what see.  Before it was article after article about how Trump sucks and now it is article after article about right wing this, Republican that.

They all suck.  I am sure there are a couple pols on each side that genuinely mean well, but that's probably about it.

Complaining about complainers is not attractive.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 04:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I feel like a basic civics test should be required to post in this forum.

Brad would scream discrimination.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 12:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Bro, this forum for 4+ years was about trashing Trump; now we will have 4+ years of defending Biden.

It's not the same situation reversed.

No matter if one likes Biden or not, he is not behaving like Trump did. Critizism of Trump was usually way more grounded in real scandalous things.

Eg. Trump got defended against critizism for calling the media enemy of the people, falling in love with Kim, inciting a riot and stuff like that. Biden gets defended against accusations of being totally demented, being the head of a crime family, being dominated by the extreme left and stuff like that. There's a difference.
Reply/Quote
Having read the text, Biden seems to referring to both the concept of rights and amendments, though primarily the idea of no right being absolute. Within the context, it's fine to use it interchangeably as he did. Either way, in both cases he is correct.

Amendments are not absolute. They can be repealed and replaced. Rights are not absolute or "pure". There are limits to all rights, though his example about the 1st Amendment is incorrect. You absolutely can yell fire in a crowded theater. The idea that you can't comes from the decision for Schenck (1919) but that was overturned by Brandenburg (1969).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 04:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nope, just I what see.  Before it was article after article about how Trump sucks and now it is article after article about right wing this, Republican that.

Trump is an entirely different animal.  He has been one of the most intentionally detestable people on the planet for decades prior to being president and one of his selling points to his fan base is that he is an unrepentant asshole who enrages and insults people.  It's great that he can switch his political positions in 2010 or so and become so endeared to many people, but the right wing can't simultaneously love a man for being insulting and then tsk tsk people for being insulted by him.

I'm sure there are people out there who are as one-sided nuts about Biden as the OP is about Trump, but I'm not seeing him here.  This board seems very "Meh" on Biden and this is coming from me, a guy who thinks Obama was pretty much treated as black Reagan.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 07:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is an entirely different animal.  He has been one of the most intentionally detestable people on the planet for decades prior to being president and one of his selling points to his fan base is that he is an unrepentant asshole who enrages and insults people.  It's great that he can switch his political positions in 2010 or so and become so endeared to many people, but the right wing can't simultaneously love a man for being insulting and then tsk tsk people for being insulted by him.

I'm sure there are people out there who are as one-sided nuts about Biden as the OP is about Trump, but I'm not seeing him here.  This board seems very "Meh" on Biden and this is coming from me, a guy who thinks Obama was pretty much treated as black Reagan.

4 years ago, threads criticizing Trump were met with claims that anyone who criticized him was mentally ill.

These threads are met with fact based refutations
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote