Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending In My Resume To Be A Bengals Scout
Why not send it to all 32 teams? Piss on the Bengals and their whole organization if you can get your foot in the door elsewhere to do your dream job.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 08:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Why not send it to all 32 teams? Piss on the Bengals and their whole organization if you can get your foot in the door elsewhere to do your dream job.

Yep.  Kenny Anderson worked for the Steelers and they damn near broke his neck.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Good luck on getting the job and please bring a SB trophy to us play with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Best of luck, Wolf. Keep on pursuing those dreams.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You lost me when you said Dan Marino is a nice guy. He's a dick there's plenty of videos to prove it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:00 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Name of Band Links?  

Sons Compass

myspace.com/sonscompass

Yeah...myspace. It's obviously been awhile. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Didn't know where to post this, but since it involves the Bengals I figured I'd post it here.

Today I am sending in my resume to Paul Brown Stadium to become a scout. While they have 3 scouts, I figured why not take a shot and give myself a chance to get in somehow. Whether it be an assistant or even an intern.

I have been a writer for this website called StripeHype and even became a Co-Editor. It was during this time when many of our sites articles were posted by Sports Illustrated. I mostly got the job due to my scouting reports and draft talk. During my time working for the website, I had the opportunity to interview a few players (Jayson Dimnache, Jordan Campbell, Mohamed Sanu, and Adam Jones). However, almost all my energy was put into scouting tape and looking into the players we had drafted. Sadly, I had to step down from doing this full time due to working full time at another job and going to school full time. However, I still posted articles. It's been almost a year since I last posted there, but I did scouting reports on almost every player the Bengals drafted in 2015.

My ties to the NFL are limited outside of me reaching out for writing jobs and such. My grandfather works for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and on his side of the family is Dan Marino, who is my cousin. However, I've only met him once. Nice guy. So while my family being a little involved in the NFL, I still have other ties to sports. During my freshman year, I worked for Penn State's Athletic Department. I worked for the basketball and wrestling team as an announcer. I got to sit and talk to stat trackers and see things from an inside perspective. I got to meet every player that walked in, along with coaches. However, the guy who hired me ended up leaving after my first season there and thus that job fell through since the new guy that took over wanted to hire his own people.

I just wanted to give some background information on me as to why I am putting my name out there. I am passionate about my Bengals all the way through. My scouting reports are still up, and I am reaching for a dream that I can only hope to achieve.

I also wanted to post this here because if it weren't for this message board, I would have never looked into the draft perspective as early and often as I did. There were a few contributors to that, but my whole scouting hobby (and hopefully career) started on the Bengals message board.

I will keep everyone updated on how the process goes, or even if it's an email reply saying no thank you.

Thank you all for the support, criticism, and direction.

Even if they turn you down as a scout, see if you can get on board as a quality control guy or an intern in the scouting department.
Reply/Quote
You have to work your way up through the pipeline. 5 years scouting division 3 making 20 k a year. 5 years scouting division 2 making 20k a year. Then maybe 5 years scouting division 1 for a big school like Alabama or Tennessee. Making maybe 80k a year. Then you might get lucky and get an nfl job as a scout if you can prove that you are able to identify talent.

Trying to get a job in the NFL with zero experience would be like saying you know how to change the oil in your car so you want to be a mechanic for a formula one racing team. The chances of that happening is absolutely zero.

We all have ambitions until the cold truth hits us hard in the face. Ambition will get you nowhere unless you are willing to put in the work and be prepared to toil away in the minors for a long time before you get your chance to work in the nfl.

Stripehype cincyjungle bleacher are all a complete joke as far as scouting. They hire people that have next to zero experience scouting NFL. Anyone off the street can work for those joke sites. I've seen the analysis there and its cringe worthy. Telling nfl teams you scouted for those joke sites would do more harm than good. I could hire a billy goat from the zoo and it would do a better scouting analysis than stripehype.

You look at guenther he started coaching junior college. Were talking talking so low on the totem pole they probably weren't even in division 3 .

This goat just put in his application to stripehype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqy1JhY7TU
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 12:29 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You have to work your way up through the pipeline. 5 years scouting division 3 making 20 k a year. 5 years scouting division 2 making 20k a year. Then maybe 5 years scouting division 1 for a big school like Alabama or Tennessee. Making maybe 80k a year. Then you might get lucky and get an nfl job as a scout if you can prove that you are able to identify talent.

Trying to get a job in the NFL with zero experience would be like saying you know how to change the oil in your car so you want to be a mechanic for a formula one racing team. The chances of that happening is absolutely zero.

We all have ambitions until the cold truth hits us hard in the face. Ambition will get you nowhere unless you are willing to put in the work and be prepared to toil away in the minors for a long time before you get your chance to work in the nfl.

Stripehype cincyjungle bleacher are all a complete joke as far as scouting. They hire people that have next to zero experience scouting NFL. Anyone off the street can work for those joke sites.  I've seen the analysis there and its cringe worthy. Telling nfl teams you scouted for those joke sites would do more harm than good. I could hire a billy goat from the zoo and it would do a better scouting analysis than stripehype.

You look at guenther he started coaching junior college. Were talking talking so low on the totem pole they probably weren't even in division 3 .

This goat just put in his application to stripehype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqy1JhY7TU

So hard work is involved.  I probably should not leave my job at McDonalds is what I am hearing.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Didn't know where to post this, but since it involves the Bengals I figured I'd post it here.

Today I am sending in my resume to Paul Brown Stadium to become a scout. While they have 3 scouts, I figured why not take a shot and give myself a chance to get in somehow. Whether it be an assistant or even an intern.

I have been a writer for this website called StripeHype and even became a Co-Editor. It was during this time when many of our sites articles were posted by Sports Illustrated. I mostly got the job due to my scouting reports and draft talk. During my time working for the website, I had the opportunity to interview a few players (Jayson Dimnache, Jordan Campbell, Mohamed Sanu, and Adam Jones). However, almost all my energy was put into scouting tape and looking into the players we had drafted. Sadly, I had to step down from doing this full time due to working full time at another job and going to school full time. However, I still posted articles. It's been almost a year since I last posted there, but I did scouting reports on almost every player the Bengals drafted in 2015.

My ties to the NFL are limited outside of me reaching out for writing jobs and such. My grandfather works for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and on his side of the family is Dan Marino, who is my cousin. However, I've only met him once. Nice guy. So while my family being a little involved in the NFL, I still have other ties to sports. During my freshman year, I worked for Penn State's Athletic Department. I worked for the basketball and wrestling team as an announcer. I got to sit and talk to stat trackers and see things from an inside perspective. I got to meet every player that walked in, along with coaches. However, the guy who hired me ended up leaving after my first season there and thus that job fell through since the new guy that took over wanted to hire his own people.

I just wanted to give some background information on me as to why I am putting my name out there. I am passionate about my Bengals all the way through. My scouting reports are still up, and I am reaching for a dream that I can only hope to achieve.

I also wanted to post this here because if it weren't for this message board, I would have never looked into the draft perspective as early and often as I did. There were a few contributors to that, but my whole scouting hobby (and hopefully career) started on the Bengals message board.

I will keep everyone updated on how the process goes, or even if it's an email reply saying no thank you.

Thank you all for the support, criticism, and direction.

Yeah man, this is great. Hope you get the job Wolf, you are one of the most knowledgeable football fans i know.

You would only help our team, would be great if you got the job to work alongside good ole Duke Tobin.

Lets make this team great and win a SB with your help, this would be a dream of mine as well.

Just great you are going for it my man! Good luck brother!

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Even if they turn you down as a scout, see if you can get on board as a quality control guy or an intern in the scouting department.

I watched a 30 for 30 once about Bellichick in Cleveland.  I think Saban may have been a QC guy for him.  Basically, QC guys are team bitches from what I could gather, lol.  Obviously a good place to start, though.
Reply/Quote