Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Coverage
It's Senior bowl week. NFL Network has coverage of the practices Tuesday thru Thursday 1pm to 6pm. Game is on Saturday NFL Network at 2:30.

Weigh in was Monday and the results are:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/senior-bowl-2018-rosters-weigh-in-results-measurements-north-south/tdcizhhlocv512lqmhkj4sqwx

Edit:Oops wrong Forum lol. Mods move this if needed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Few guys I'm watching are:

Wyatt Teller Guard VT: Teller looked the part Monday 6'4 311 with long arms.

With all the coverage on Mayfield and Allen I think Luke Falk will have a sneaky good week.

Time to hype the WVU guy lol. Kyzir White 6'2 216 played the spur safety at WVU he can cover stuff the run and blitz. Kyzir will have to run a good 40 to climb in the draft.

Surprised to see Frank Ragnow in mobile because of injury but he was in for the weigh in and like Teller he looks thr part. 6'4 307 and long arms.

Isiah Wynn might be shorter at 6'2 but he has the arm and wingspan of a larger guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Few guys I'm watching are:

With all the coverage on Mayfield and Allen I think Luke Falk will have a sneaky good week.

Time to hype the WVU guy lol. Kyzir White 6'2 216 played the spur safety at WVU he can cover stuff the run and blitz. Kyzir will have to run a good 40 to climb in the draft.

Surprised to see Frank Ragnow in mobile because of injury but he was in for the weigh in and like Teller he looks thr part. 6'4 307 and long arms.

Isiah Wynn might be shorter at 6'2 but he has the arm and wingspan of a larger guy.
Those plus Brandon Parker OT 6'7 323 with 85 1/4 wing span wow.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Few guys I'm watching are:

Luke Falk is a very good QB when given time in the pocket. He's very adamant about going through his progressions and is very accurate. However, I think he'll struggle if he goes to a team with a bad OL until he learns to make decisions faster.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not really interested. I mean, it's harsh. I can't bear to watch.

[Image: aZTvvz.gif][Image: 9dpei.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:40 PM)pulses Wrote: Those plus Brandon Parker OT 6'7 323 with 85 1/4 wing span wow.

Parker struggles with leverage. If he can work on his bend and develop a decent inside power step he could be a starting tackle.
(01-23-2018, 04:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Luke Falk is a very good QB when given time in the pocket. He's very adamant about going through his progressions and is very accurate. However, I think he'll struggle if he goes to a team with a bad OL until he learns to make decisions faster.

My favorite thing about Falk is he is accurate. I dont mean his accuracy percentage is good Luke Falk understands ball placement and throws with excellent anticipation. 

(01-23-2018, 05:05 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Not really interested. I mean, it's harsh. I can't bear to watch.

[Image: aZTvvz.gif][Image: 9dpei.gif]

Lol I DVR the Senior Bowl and the Combine. I also save them to my server along with over couple hundred college games from the last couple years.

Edit: Ragnow did the weigh in but I didn't see him in team practices.

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately I recently cut the cord and don not get NFL Network on Hulu. WTS a couple guys I'd like to see:

Tyrell Crosby- Supposed to be big strong and mean, but hard to evaluate coming out of Oregon

Harrison Phillips- Supposed to be crazy strong and was very productive at Standford

Quin Blanding- I just like his play/ size, but it appears he has little baby hands

Don't know anything about the OT from NC A&T but that size is incredible.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Isiah Wynn dominated in 1 on 1s. Hoping he's there in the third. But u know I'm gonna rep the best guard in the draft will Hernandez 6"2 1/2 340 9 3/4 hands and 32 3/8 arms.
Reply/Quote
A Division II guy to keep watching is Alex Cappa. Nasty player. Hard hitting. Sustains blocks and uses leverage extremely well. Great OT to keep your eye on
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
So yeah.... My guard 1 as he's been all year.
https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/955927467797213185
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 10:22 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: A Division II guy to keep watching is Alex Cappa. Nasty player. Hard hitting. Sustains blocks and uses leverage extremely well. Great OT to keep your eye on

Mayock has noticed him as well: http://www.redskins.com/videos/NFLN-Mike-Mayock-On-Humboldt-State-OL-Alex-Cappa/a4b155e0-3d1b-4343-a155-d1e188669a17
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Mayfield had a bad day from a weigh in perspective. Dude has tiny hands along with only be 6 ft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately I recently cut the cord and don not get NFL Network on Hulu. WTS a couple guys I'd like to see:

Tyrell Crosby- Supposed to be big strong and mean, but hard to evaluate coming out of Oregon

Harrison Phillips- Supposed to be crazy strong and was very productive at Standford

Quin Blanding- I just like his play/ size, but it appears he has little baby hands

Don't know anything about the OT from NC A&T but that size is incredible.

Crosby looks like an NFL tackle, but everyone days he lacks athleticism of course I'll reserve judgement until I see a little more of him.

I love me some Harrison Phillips. I think a 3-4 team is gonna reach a little for him to play 5 tech DE. He reminds me of Derek Wolfe.

(01-23-2018, 10:22 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: A Division II guy to keep watching is Alex Cappa. Nasty player. Hard hitting. Sustains blocks and uses leverage extremely well. Great OT to keep your eye on

He's fun to watch seems like he's putting a defender on his ass every snap.

(01-24-2018, 01:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Mayfield had a bad day from a weigh in perspective. Dude has tiny hands along with only be 6 ft.

Josh Allen also had a bad day as he showed why he's a 50% passer putting balls well over everyone's head.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Crosby looks like an NFL tackle, but everyone days he lacks athleticism of course I'll reserve judgement until I see a little more of him.

I love me some Harrison Phillips. I think a 3-4 team is gonna reach a little for him to play 5 tech DE. He reminds me of Derek Wolfe.

He's fun to watch seems like he's putting a defender on his ass every snap.

Josh Allen also had a bad day as he showed why he's a 50% passer putting balls well over everyone's head.

Yep. He's not an accurate passer at all. And one thing that doesn't help is how hard he ALWAYS throws the ball. I read on Twitter yesterday (would need to go back and find it) where a lot of receivers were dropping balls thrown from Allen because they aren't used to catching balls thrown that hard.

I personally never liked QBs who always throw as hard as they can. Sure, it allows for getting the ball into tighter windows, deeper passes to move down the field quicker, and less chance of turnovers potentially because it gets to the receiver faster rather than floating, but many times it also results in dropped passes. Some will blame the receivers themselves, but it's not realistic to think a receiver should always be able to catch a bullet on a short pass. There's a thing called touch that many "strong-armed" QBs never seem to grasp.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Josh Allen also had a bad day as he showed why he's a 50% passer putting balls well over everyone's head.

Both Walter's guy and the Draft Countdown guy both said that Allen looked awesome and that the drops weren't as bad, due to guys not being on the same page.

Walter's guy did say that he needs footwork work though, big time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 03:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Both Walter's guy and the Draft Countdown guy both said that Allen looked awesome and that the drops weren't as bad, due to guys not being on the same page.

Walter's guy did say that he needs footwork work though, big time.

Guess it's why I'm not an NFL scout.

I saw Allen putting balls in the wrong spot with no touch and I'm thinking "ewww gonna lead to INTs in thr NFL". Scouts are seeing a protypical NFL QB with a huge arm and are thinking "we can coach him".

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. He's not an accurate passer at all. And one thing that doesn't help is how hard he ALWAYS throws the ball. I read on Twitter yesterday (would need to go back and find it) where a lot of receivers were dropping balls thrown from Allen because they aren't used to catching balls thrown that hard.

I personally never liked QBs who always throw as hard as they can. Sure, it allows for getting the ball into tighter windows, deeper passes to move down the field quicker, and less chance of turnovers potentially because it gets to the receiver faster rather than floating, but many times it also results in dropped passes. Some will blame the receivers themselves, but it's not realistic to think a receiver should always be able to catch a bullet on a short pass. There's a thing called touch that many "strong-armed" QBs never seem to grasp.

Wow! I played with a QB like that, the sting numbs the hands on those short quick passes. Sometimes didn't know if I had the ball in my hands or not cause they were so dang numb.
Reply/Quote
I threw on his tape and was impressed, the tape that stood out to me was his Iowa tape and most people think that was a bad game if you just look at stats. He made a majority of his throws on the run, some by design many because his O line was not very good. His ability to break tackles in the pocket is reminiscent of Big Ben. He does have the arm strength to make a hash mark to opposite sideline out route throw. Anyone who knows football knows that is a difficult throw to make because it requires exact timing and plenty of arm talent. Most of his throws were outside the number and past the LOS which are more difficult throws than your standard crosser/slants/screen offenses we see a lot of today in college. He threw an INT on one that was slightly late due to pressure and the CB played it really well. There was a dropped 30 ish yard TD in that game that was an amazing ball down the seam that his WR flat dropped.

The kid looks like a stud to me. The footwork is an issue because his mechanics tend to be hurried. My guess is he will be better in the Pro's with protection, but if he doesn't have protection he will be able to do a little bit of Big Ben as far as surviving would be tacklers.
Reply/Quote
Lol I get to hype the WVU guy again!

Kyzir White had a solid day on Tuesday keeping up with the TEs. He's does get a little handsy but we also heard that about WJ3 and Dennard. Playing against a couple of the better TEs in the draft and he just out played both of them.

Reply/Quote
Isiah Wynn has absolutely been the best offensive linemen at the Senior Bowl.

Reply/Quote