Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Week
(01-30-2016, 06:37 PM)McC Wrote: What round grade does Braxton Miller have?  He is some kind of athlete.  I guess taking him would be taking a flier on potential.  He showed pretty well for the Buckeyes this year, didn't he?

He's all over the place.
Injury history, inexperience at any one position....but he's probably the best athlete and potentially the best playmaker on offense in this draft. 
He could go anywhere from top 20 to 3rd round. 

Jarran Reed and DJ Reader are the real deals inside.
Reed could play 1,3 or 5 Tech.
Reader is a pure 1/0 Tech who gives LBs clean lanes to make plays....
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 06:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's all over the place.
Injury history, inexperience at any one position....but he's probably the best athlete and potentially the best playmaker on offense in this draft. 
He could go anywhere from top 20 to 3rd round. 

Jarran Reed and DJ Reader are the real deals inside.
Reed could play 1,3 or 5 Tech.
Reader is a pure 1/0 Tech who gives LBs clean lanes to make plays....

Miller's got the big speed, right?  With his height, and he seems to be able to catch the ball, and running ability, he could be a helluva bombs away threat and catch  a short one and take it to the house guy.  While he's learning the route tree, he would be scaring the bejesus out of defenses on the 9.

He does look kinda skinny.  Combine that with an injury history, it is a concern.  Lotta skinny guys play the position, though.

Mayock said there are so many DT's with first round grades that there will be some left in the second and even third rounds.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 07:04 PM)McC Wrote: Miller's got the big speed, right?  With his height, and he seems to be able to catch the ball, and running ability, he could be a helluva bombs away threat and catch  a short one and take it to the house guy.  While he's learning the route tree, he would be scaring the bejesus out of defenses on the 9.

He does look kinda skinny.  Combine that with an injury history, it is a concern.  Lotta skinny guys play the position, though.

Mayock said there are so many DT's with first round grades that there will be some left in the second and even third rounds.

Mayock was also praising Carson Wentz' athleticism as 315 lbs Jarran Reed ran him down like it was nothing. 
I'd take what Mayock says with a grain of salt right now
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 07:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Mayock was also praising Carson Wentz' athleticism as 315 lbs Jarran Reed ran him down like it was nothing. 
I'd take what Mayock says with a grain of salt right now

Okay.  Mental note.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 06:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My man crush on Shawn Oakman is probably only going to get worse. I still dont see how we pass up on a guy with the physical traits of a top 5 pick at 24.

2 sacks and a forced fumble in the game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed watching Shawn Oakman, Jarron Reed, and some others. I saw that Braxton Miller dropped some passes and I think he could be took in the 4th/5th. From all the DTs I've seen this draft class, we might as well draft a LB/WR in 1st and a DT in 2nd.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 08:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 sacks and a forced fumble in the game

Oakman just looks like one of our 4-3 Ends out there but i hope we tend to open our minds on our pass rushers
more and look at the edge rushers as just that. We need to stop looking for only body type.

Sure, Oakman had a great game but he had a poor season and i like Billings if we are looking for a Baylor DL.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oakman just looks like one of our 4-3 Ends out there but i hope we tend to open our minds on our pass rushers
more and look at the edge rushers as just that. We need to stop looking for only body type.

Sure, Oakman had a great game but he had a poor season and i like Billings if we are looking for a Baylor DL.

The biggest thing about Oakman is that as time has gone on, his production has gone down. He's a physical freak that has a ton of upper body strength, but only relies on his initial pass rush move and doesn't get consistent push from his lower body. Also throw in his pad level.

Oakman has potential, but it hasn't translated on the field. He will be an upgrade over Hunt. I can give him that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The biggest thing about Oakman is that as time has gone on, his production has gone down. He's a physical freak that has a ton of upper body strength, but only relies on his initial pass rush move and doesn't get consistent push from his lower body. Also throw in his pad level.

Oakman has potential, but it hasn't translated on the field. He will be an upgrade over Hunt. I can give him that.

Yeah, all of what you said is not a good sign nor a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, all of what you said is not a good sign nor a 1st round pick.

Oakman gained a lot of hype because of the 2015 Cotton Bowl picture that showed his crazy physique. People instantly slapped top 10 pick on him. He chose to return because the draft committee supposedly gave him a 2nd-3rd round grade. One year passes and he's pretty much the same player. He knows how to bullrush and.....that's it. His name is thrown all over the place between the 1st and 3rd.

That's not a good thing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Oakman gained a lot of hype because of the 2015 Cotton Bowl picture that showed his crazy physique. People instantly slapped top 10 pick on him. He chose to return because the draft committee supposedly gave him a 2nd-3rd round grade. One year passes and he's pretty much the same player. He knows how to bullrush and.....that's it. His name is thrown all over the place between the 1st and 3rd.

That's not a good thing.

Good stuff, we already have a more experienced Oakman in MJ who can stop the run and do more than just a bullrush.

I am ready for an edge rusher regardless of size. This is one of the reasons i love letting Hayes go and bringing in a different DL coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff, we already have a more experienced Oakman in MJ who can stop the run and do more than just a bullrush.

I am ready for an edge rusher regardless of size. This is one of the reasons i love letting Hayes go and bringing in a different DL coach.

Oakman is actualy really reminscient of MJ in my opinion. Both had a ton of potential coming out of college, but they both struggled with lower body strength. MJ isn't a bad player by any means, he's probably the most underrated on our team. For some reason, he always plays well against Joe Thomas too and he does get pressure a lot.

My biggest think with Oakman is coaching him up. We've lost defensive coaches so this year is going to be a big mystery when it comes to defense. This is no longer Zimmer's defense. This is 100% Guenther's. He has a new staff and has some defensive holes to fill.

I would definitely consider Oakman in the 3rd round. But that's as high as I would go with him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 04:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Oakman is actualy really reminscient of MJ in my opinion. Both had a ton of potential coming out of college, but they both struggled with lower body strength. MJ isn't a bad player by any means, he's probably the most underrated on our team. For some reason, he always plays well against Joe Thomas too and he does get pressure a lot.

My biggest think with Oakman is coaching him up. We've lost defensive coaches so this year is going to be a big mystery when it comes to defense. This is no longer Zimmer's defense. This is 100% Guenther's. He has a new staff and has some defensive holes to fill.

I would definitely consider Oakman in the 3rd round. But that's as high as I would go with him.

For sure, they remind me of each other big time and like you said that is not a bad thing. MJ is a very good player
and like you said maybe our most underrated player. He played very well last year and i don't think got near the
praise that he deserved. But like you said, 3rd round is where Oakman should be selected.

MJ did not disappear in college like Oakman pretty much did last year though. So i give MJ the edge there.

True also on the Defensive coaches, it is Geunther's show now. This might be a great thing for this Defense IMO.

I never liked the way Hayes coached the DL and thought he held them back if anything. Time for a change.

Burfict needed a new LB coach evidently.

The loss of Joseph made me sad at the beginning until we got back Coyle. Always liked Coyle while he was here.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, they remind me of each other big time and like you said that is not a bad thing. MJ is a very good player
and like you said maybe our most underrated player. He played very well last year and i don't think got near the
praise that he deserved. But like you said, 3rd round is where Oakman should be selected.

MJ did not disappear in college like Oakman pretty much did last year though. So i give MJ the edge there.

True also on the Defensive coaches, it is Geunther's show now. This might be a great thing for this Defense IMO.

I never liked the way Hayes coached the DL and thought he held them back if anything. Time for a change.

Burfict needed a new LB coach evidently.

The loss of Joseph made me sad at the beginning until we got back Coyle. Always liked Coyle while he was here.

Maybe he needs a new social worker.   He was playing linebacker just fine.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote