Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Week
(01-27-2016, 04:08 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Sheldon Day and Jihad Ward look good in drills.

You got your 3 and 5 techs right there.

Austin Johnson really impressed me in bag drills. Heavy, heavy hands and some quickness to him for his size. Legit 1T
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 04:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Austin Johnson really impressed me in bag drills. Heavy, heavy hands and some quickness to him for his size. Legit 1T

Yup. Really liking this front 7 class.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 04:13 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yup. Really liking this front 7 class.

Lot of big maulers in there. No reason we shouldn't be able to get a Peko replacement in the first two rounds. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 04:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lot of big maulers in there. No reason we shouldn't be able to get a Peko replacement in the first two rounds. 

4 years later we should try to double dip again. At 1T and 3T. Just wish I had confidence in who they select based on past picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 04:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 4 years later we should try to double dip again. At 1T and 3T. Just wish I had confidence in who they select based on past picks.

Yeah, I'm not overly confident right now in our DL selections. 

This class is full of talent so here's hoping we look at what failed us in the last 6 DL picks and try something else. 
Reply/Quote
Braxton might be the best skill player in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 05:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Braxton might be the best  skill player in this draft.

Worthy of the 24th pick?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 05:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Worthy of the 24th pick?

For someone, probably. Given our needs and values....IDK if we'd pull the trigger. 
2nd round wouldn't even hesitate.

I don't know if we need a guy like Braxton that badly, more than potentially one of the best DTs in the draft or best LBs. 

It really depends on the how the board falls.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 04:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 4 years later we should try to double dip again. At 1T and 3T. Just wish I had confidence in who they select based on past picks.

I think we absolutely need to get a 1T - hopefully in the first round.   Hardison and Williams could turn out at the 3T.   It's so hard to tell because we only play rookies if everyone in front of them gets injured.

I don't see Thompson returning - Peko's old and Sims has injury problems.  And So taking two DTs would be a smart thing to do.  Maybe the new DL coach has a better eye.  We've pretty much whiffed on every defensive lineman between 2010 and 2014.   We'll have to see how Hardison and Williams do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 05:18 PM)3wt Wrote: I think we absolutely need to get a 1T - hopefully in the first round.   Hardison and Williams could turn out at the 3T.   It's so hard to tell because we only play rookies if everyone in front of them gets injured.

I don't see Thompson returning - Peko's old and Sims has injury problems.  And So taking two DTs would be a smart thing to do.  Maybe the new DL coach has a better eye.  We've pretty much whiffed on every defensive lineman between 2010 and 2014.   We'll have to see how Hardison and Williams do.

Thats why I want to sign Snacks or Knighton. We are bringing backs guys that left like MJ and Sims because we cant hit on a freaking Dlinemen. We have burnt up a lot of valuable picks lately with almost nothing to show for it. Starting to think Atkins and MJ were pure luck and Dunlap should have never fallen that far. I'd rather go the free agent route than trust our early round evaluation on DL.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 06:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm sure Todd McShay will be there. Probably Kiper as well.

Thrilling.

Bill Polian is ***** terrible. My god. I would much rather listen to McShay and Kiper.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 06:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bill Polian is ***** terrible. My god. I would much rather listen to McShay and Kiper.

I haven't watched any coverage. Judging by Joe Goodberry's reaction, it wasn't a good effort on ESPN's part. Who is on the panel there?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 06:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I haven't watched any coverage. Judging by Joe Goodberry's reaction, it wasn't a good effort on ESPN's part. Who is on the panel there?

Polian, Galloway, Riddick and a few others. 
Reply/Quote
Boehm really struggling with lateral speed from Rankins and Reed, they're both first rounders so understandable but disappointing from Boehm.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 04:08 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Sheldon Day and Jihad Ward look good in drills.

You got your 3 and 5 techs right there.

What a name Jihad. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 04:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Austin Johnson really impressed me in bag drills. Heavy, heavy hands and some quickness to him for his size. Legit 1T

(01-27-2016, 04:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lot of big maulers in there. No reason we shouldn't be able to get a Peko replacement in the first two rounds. 

Would love this, it is time.

Rankins sounds great as well from what everyone is saying.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 07:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love this, it is time.

Rankins sounds great as well from what everyone is saying.

I'm a big fan of Johnson. I've watched a ton of tape on Penn State. Mainly because I'm an alumni and I used to write for them.

Speaking of, Carl Nassib had a good day. He looked pretty good in one on ones.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 08:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm a big fan of Johnson. I've watched a ton of tape on Penn State. Mainly because I'm an alumni and I used to write for them.

Speaking of, Carl Nassib had a good day. He looked pretty good in one on ones.

Alright Wolf, Austin Johnson is definately a guy i will study up on.

I have watched a touch of Nassib, looks like a good player from the little i have seen.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 08:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright Wolf, Austin Johnson is definately a guy i will study up on.

I have watched a touch of Nassib, looks like a good player from the little i have seen.

He's not someone who's going to demand double teams. But he benefits a lot when playing one on one. He's quicker than someone for his frame and obviously has strength. Dude would strive with Atkins and Dunlap getting double teams. He's not the next best defensive tackle, but he definitely beats his man quite a bit.

Nassib's biggest question mark is his one year wonder status. He really didn't do much until this year, so that's definitely something to pay attention to. But he has the measurables the Bengals like in their defensive ends.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Everyone is gonna be so disappointed in Margus Nassib
Reply/Quote