Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Week
(01-27-2016, 08:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's not someone who's going to demand double teams. But he benefits a lot when playing one on one. He's quicker than someone for his frame and obviously has strength. Dude would strive with Atkins and Dunlap getting double teams. He's not the next best defensive tackle, but he definitely beats his man quite a bit.

Nassib's biggest question mark is his one year wonder status. He really didn't do much until this year, so that's definitely something to pay attention to. But he has the measurables the Bengals like in their defensive ends.

Thanks Wolf, good info. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 08:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Everyone is gonna be so disappointed in Margus Nassib

Reminds you of Hunt eh?
Reply/Quote
Coach Lewis is pretty good at Senior Bowl week....and has coached this thing to get more of an inside into players for Bengals scouting.....Bengals will come away with some players that they will remember during the draft or after as undrafted.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 08:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reminds you of Hunt eh?

In the sense that they were both one year wonders in college who aren't benders and either rely on strength (Hunt) or "hard work" (Nassib) to get sacks, yes he does.

He's not a very powerful player. He's not a good change of direction guy. Routinely during drills, 300+ lbs guys were moving better or as well as he was. 

I know Wolf will disagree, and he could be right about him. 

I just don't see much that says "he's a keeper"

He could be a solid NFL guy, but what's his upside? Where do you take a guy whose upside is "solid at best" ? 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 09:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: In the sense that they were both one year wonders in college who aren't benders and either rely on strength (Hunt) or "hard work" (Nassib) to get sacks, yes he does.

He's not a very powerful player. He's not a good change of direction guy. Routinely during drills, 300+ lbs guys were moving better or as well as he was. 

He could be a solid NFL guy, but what's his upside? Where do you take a guy whose upside is "solid at best" ? 

How well Nassib will catch on in the league is yet to be seen.  Hunt had more upside potential based on measurables...just unsure if he'd ever catch on in the NFL.

The more scary guy? oakman.  Never even got college production.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 11:21 AM)TGISunday Wrote: How well Nassib will catch on in the league is yet to be seen.  Hunt had more upside potential based on measurables...just unsure if he'd ever catch on in the NFL.

Or the fact that his legs have the density of twigs.

[Image: 9KyYCMh.jpg]

How the Hell does he get leverage?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 11:21 AM)TGISunday Wrote: How well Nassib will catch on in the league is yet to be seen.  Hunt had more upside potential based on measurables...just unsure if he'd ever catch on in the NFL.

(01-28-2016, 11:38 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Or the fact that his legs have the density of twigs.

Oakman just never developed after his RS Sophomore year. 
He just stopped. Sad. Hopefully whatever team gets him can get his head on right that he's a football player not Mr. Olympia. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 09:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: In the sense that they were both one year wonders in college who aren't benders and either rely on strength (Hunt) or "hard work" (Nassib) to get sacks, yes he does.

Good to know on Nassib, if we go with a pass rusher i want a guy that is special in some way whether he is a
speed rusher or can be versatile against both the run and the pass. Solid is alright in the midrounds but not early.

(01-28-2016, 11:38 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Or the fact that his legs have the density of twigs.

MJ doesn't have the biggest legs either and never has.

The few times i have watched Oakman play i thought he fit our type of Ends myself. He is a 4-3 End.
Reply/Quote
Braxton went off hurt today, no contact on the play.

The downside to Braxton showing up...always something...really gonna suck if this follows him through his career.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: MJ doesn't have the biggest legs either and never has.

The few times i have watched Oakman play i thought he fit our type of Ends myself. He is a 4-3 End.

With anything, if you can get away with it, so be it. If you can't it, it's a problem. Look no further than Joe Thomas's arm length.

Not this year you would see that I'm sure of it unless you selectively pick out a few plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: With anything, if you can get away with it, so be it. If you can't it, it's a problem. Look no further than Joe Thomas's arm length.

Not this year you would see that I'm sure of it unless you selectively pick out a few plays.

And we need to abandon our "type" of DE. It's been a fruitless tree for 5 years now. It's time to try something new. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: With anything, if you can get away with it, so be it. If you can't it, it's a problem. Look no further than Joe Thomas's arm length.

He definately had a bad year compounded exponentially with Billings having such a great one.

Could be a flash in the pan but if others see what you and i see and he fell to the midrounds i would not be
against Oakman as he does fit what we usually like in our 4-3 Ends. Wingspan being the main thing he brings
to the table. Hopefully Burney our new D-line coach does not limit our DL selections like Hayes did.

It would be nice for us to also look at the speed rushers for once.

Imagine a Von Miller type on this DL rotation.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He definately had a bad year compounded exponentially with Billings having such a great one.

Could be a flash in the pan but if others see what you and i see and he fell to the midrounds i would not be
against Oakman as he does fit what we usually like in our 4-3 Ends. Wingspan being the main thing he brings
to the table. Hopefully Burney our new D-line coach does not limit our DL selections like Hayes did.

It would be nice for us to also look at the speed rushers for once.

Imagine a Von Miller type on this DL rotation.

That's how I get to bed every night.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And we need to abandon our "type" of DE. It's been a fruitless tree for 5 years now. It's time to try something new. 

For sure, we need to stop peggin ourselves in one spot, it limits us.

(01-28-2016, 02:48 PM)Stormborn Wrote: That's how I get to bed every night.

Would be great to have that speed rusher to compliment Geno and Dunlap, damn sweet.
Reply/Quote
Pass rush is king.
Get interior rushers and speed on the edge.
Reply/Quote
Rankins tweaked his knee is sitting out the Senior Bowl.

Shitty.
He's looking like a quality pick at 24
Reply/Quote
Having Braxton Miller in the slot would be nice.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 03:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rankins tweaked his knee is sitting out the Senior Bowl.

Shitty.
He's looking like a quality pick at 24
Seems to be a lot of guys getting nicked up. Next year we will probably be back to a shitload of players sitting this out.
Reply/Quote

Really?

school record-holder for career (17.5) and single-season (11) sacks… Aggressive, disruptive pass rusher, also finished second all-time on BU tackles-for-loss chart (46.5)…

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shawn_oakman_810050.html

Elite level production? No. But when you set school records for sacks and get to 2nd on the list for TFLs and you only played 3 years at that school... I don't think you can say he never got college production.
Reply/Quote
ESPN is failing so hard at the SB coverage. Constant random close ups of dudes not in the drill as it goes on. Lot's of interviews instead of showing drills.
Reply/Quote