Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl Week
(01-28-2016, 05:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: ESPN is failing so hard at the SB coverage. Constant random close ups of dudes not in the drill as it goes on. Lot's of interviews instead of showing drills.

I'm really hoping NFL Network gets practices back next year. They know how to cover it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 05:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm really hoping NFL Network gets practices back next year. They know how to cover it.

They said 3 commercial breaks ago they were gonna focus on the OL and DL. Nope. Just more focus on how bad the south QBs are. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 05:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They said 3 commercial breaks ago they were gonna focus on the OL and DL. Nope. Just more focus on how bad the south QBs are. 

Sounds like I'm not missing much. Seems like Twitter is the better place to get info on the practices.

I can only imagine what ESPN would do to Combine coverage.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
Can't remember which ESPN guy it was. But they compared Noah Spence to Khalil Mack. That is some lofty praise.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 05:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Sounds like I'm not missing much. Seems like Twitter is the better place to get info on the practices.

I can only imagine what ESPN would do to Combine coverage.

Nope. Especially if you want OL or DL coverage. 

(01-28-2016, 06:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Can't remember which ESPN guy it was. But they compared Noah Spence to Khalil Mack. That is some lofty praise.

Riddick. It's also a little off base. Mack is a much more complete defender and was out of Buffalo. 
Spence is a better pure pass rusher but not the run defender by any means. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Riddick. It's also a little off base. Mack is a much more complete defender and was out of Buffalo. 
Spence is a better pure pass rusher but not the run defender by any means. 

Rumors are out that Spence is doing a bad job in interviews with teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Rumors are out that Spence is doing a bad job in interviews with teams.

Wouldn't surprise me. He's clearly not had an easy path. 

But Bruce Irvin also was terrible in interviews and Seattle took him top 20. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me. He's clearly not had an easy path. 

But Bruce Irvin also was terrible in interviews and Seattle took him top 20. 

It depends on the coach. It just seems like something Marvin would write in his notebook and use against Spence.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It depends on the coach. It just seems like something Marvin would write in his notebook and use against Spence.

Agreed. Probably dock him a round on their grades. 

Plus given the end of the playoff game I could see it as a PR issue and "bad optics" 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 08:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Everyone is gonna be so disappointed in Margus Nassib

Instead of Margus Hunt he could be a Jared Allen. ( Not the White thing either cuz Nassib looks and plays alot like MJ does now too. Lol)

Nassib is really good off the snap and at keeping his arms extended to help him shed blocks. No he doesnt bend corners very well but he does use his length to his advantage.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 04:58 PM)Synric Wrote: Instead of Margus Hunt he could be a Jared Allen. ( Not the White thing either cuz Nassib looks and plays alot like MJ does now too. Lol)

Nassib is really good off the snap and at keeping his arms extended to help him shed blocks. No he doesnt bend corners very well but he does use his length to his advantage.

yeah that eliminates the Jared Allen comparison right away. 

He's really overrated at shedding blocks. He was blocked by TEs and RBs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Rumors are out that Spence is doing a bad job in interviews with teams.

Well he absolutely tore it up on the field.

A name Pat Kirwan keeps bringing up is Joe Schobert. Says he is a future Mike that can contribute right away. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he absolutely tore it up on the field.

But that was the expectation, he's that good.

He was supposed to surprise everyone in the interviews, he apparently didn't. It may not matter in the end, but it's a flag for most.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: yeah that eliminates the Jared Allen comparison right away. 

He's really overrated at shedding blocks. He was blocked by TEs and RBs. 

A lot of the highlights ive seen of him are him destroying small RBs and TEs. When i saw all the awards he won i was like whoa who the heck is this guy. Then just going by a couple highlight films it appeared to me he was a guy that put some great numbers against guys with no chance of being in the NFL. 

He has potential but needs a lot of work. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 03:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rankins tweaked his knee is sitting out the Senior Bowl.

Shitty.
He's looking like a quality pick at 24

It's a no brainer if he's there at 24.  That being said, he'll likely be gone in the teens.  A d line of Geno, Rankins, MJ, and Dunlap is scary, especially if the Bengals snag a coverage LB in 2 or 3.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he absolutely tore it up on the field.

A name Pat Kirwan keeps bringing up is Joe Schobert. Says he is a future Mike that can contribute right away. 

I like Kirwan more than most of the talking heads, and far more than clowns like Kiper and McShay.  If Kirwan is pimping a guy, it's worth taking note of.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 12:06 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I like Kirwan more than most of the talking heads, and far more than clowns like Kiper and McShay.  If Kirwan is pimping a guy, it's worth taking note of.

He is the one I listen to the most. He has been involved in every aspect of football: coaching, scouting, management. He also seems to scout people a lot on potential, For instance when he brought up Schobert folks assumed he meant as an OLB prospect; however, Kirwan says he sees him as a MLB in a 4-3. 

Kirwan was also  high on Jarran Reed and Adolphus Washington. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
OT observation: If i were Andrew Siciliano, i would never stand next to 2 former College/NFL players, on camera, again...

At least, not without heightening first.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Apparently Washington has had a really good week thus far. Raising his stock.

Harlan Miller, a CB from a small school, has also looked impressive. There's always one of them.

And finally Brissett has looked pretty well. Besides Wentz, I've seen that he's looked the best. Which I'm happy about, I really like Brissett and think he could be a starter under the right system.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
What round grade does Braxton Miller have? He is some kind of athlete. I guess taking him would be taking a flier on potential. He showed pretty well for the Buckeyes this year, didn't he?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote