Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senzel "I want to play whole career here"
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2020/02/17/cincinnati-reds-notes-nick-senzel-trade-rumors-mike-moustakas/4785723002/

I would really hate to trade him away, already.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 12:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2020/02/17/cincinnati-reds-notes-nick-senzel-trade-rumors-mike-moustakas/4785723002/

I would really hate to trade him away, already.

Having a good health year this year would be a good starting point.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 01:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Having a good health year this year would be a good starting point.

For sure his health/ability to stay on field is a concern.
Reply/Quote
It's pretty much standard answer for players just getting started out in the big leagues. I would be absolutely shocked to hear him say something really dumb like, "I want to have a great season in Cincinnati so I can cash in in free agency somewhere else." That would be painting a HATE ME sign on his back. I wouldn't expect to hear that publicly even if they had back to back to back losing seasons.. I would, however expect to find they maybe said it to friends in private though.
Personally I want ALL Reds players to have the best season of their lives while with the team. Once they leave or get traded I no longer care what they do. I'll never jump on the "I hope they can go get a ring elsewhere" bandwagon. Either win a ring in Cincinnati or just go drop dead elsewhere is my thinking..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He added 10lbs of muscle in the offseason, up to 215. Hopefully, that will lead to fewer injuries.
Reply/Quote