Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds.Com Posts Pitchers Reds May Still Add
Posted tonight Jan 10th.

Reds.com used names Dallas Keuchel, Wade Miley, Derek Holland, Clay Buchholz, Gio Gonzales in free agency and possible trades for Corey Kluber, Marcus Strohman, Sonny Gray.

So the Reds have not turned off the hot stove on looking for more pitching this Winter.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We need pitching. That will get us to the playoffs.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The biggest mention on Reds.com seems to be: We're still thinking about thinking about thinking about adding more pitching.. We MIGHT get a real ace starter and then we might not. We won't do anything until every last reds fan has completely exhausted their ability to keep logging into Reds.com to see if we're actually going to get an ace. 

That's my negative side talking.. Then again they did actually get rid of Bailey, something I previously thought impossible.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: The biggest mention on Reds.com seems to be: We're still thinking about thinking about thinking about adding more pitching.. We MIGHT get a real ace starter and then we might not. We won't do anything until every last reds fan has completely exhausted their ability to keep logging into Reds.com to see if we're actually going to get an ace. 

That's my negative side talking.. Then again they did actually get rid of Bailey, something I previously thought impossible.

Yes, that is a negative side, because they have added Tanner Roark and Alex Wood who are better than any pitchers Reds had in 2018.  Add to it Reds are still looking for more pitchers.  Apparently all MLB teams are waiting to make big moves because Bryce Harper is still an unsigned free agent.  A lot of good free agents still out there as of January 14th.  Plus the Reds went out and got what looks like an upgrade across the board in manager and coaches and then have been adding new players.  Hopefully the Bengals do this and add a new head coach and coaches and then add a bunch of new players.  WTF is there to talk about 2018 Reds or Bengals and hope for change in 2019 is all Cincy Fans have. The upside is new coaches are coming to the Bengals. The Reds will enter April with an exciting new look, and Bengals will enter September with an exciting new look. Considering Last Place, the total makeovers very much needed.  As a Fan I can wait for the changes, the main thing isn't quick and fast but instead bringing in the right people. I have no problem looking at Reds.com or Bengals.com, it beats seeing what Trump and Congress up to. Go Reds, Go Bengals.

I would hope Reds keeping eye on bullpen as well. There are a lot of good bullpen pitchers still free agents. Reds have an OK closer, but their bullpen is far from Nasty Boys and could use an upgrade also. Some more Starter help and some Bullpen help and Reds would start looking very improved for a new season.

Bengals changes start depending on when Rams or Chiefs Super Bowl run ends, as per Bengals. That's OK, I can wait. Just get the right coaches and players. Word is Bengals leaning towards that Cincy Bearcat coach with LA Rams. At 35 years old could be around a long time. Do like Reds, get the coaches first and then let them be a part of players kept, released, traded, players added.

Again, Bryce Harper still a free agent, so all MLB teams are taking their time, getting it right. However Reds have hired all new manager and coaches and many new players, so they have been busy. Reds say more player moves to come before season starts. I hope so because Reds have been just awful.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote