Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senzel Vs. Winker
The two look to be night and day as fielders but both look to have similar hitting capabilities. It’s a simple question, who do you see as having a better career as a hitter. I’m gonna go with Winker myself.
Reply/Quote
Tough to say, since both seem to have a knack for getting injured. So, whichever one can stay healthy?
Reply/Quote
I'll say Winker as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Winker will be a better player at reaching base.

I think Senzel will be a more complete player (slugging, fielding, base running).
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 10:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Winker will be a better player at reaching base.

I think Senzel will be a more complete player (slugging, fielding, base running).

I’d agree with that. I think that Senzel may be more of a doubles hitter than a homerun hitter too though. He will play half of those games at Great American, so who knows.
Reply/Quote
We know Winker can hit major league pitching. Senzel has not tried it yet so I've seen players do well in the minors but could not make the jump to the majors. We'll see.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:46 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We know Winker can hit major league pitching. Senzel has not tried it yet so I've seen players do well in the minors but could not make the jump to the majors. We'll see.

Could you imagine if Senzel turns ou to be a 270 hitter and they turned down trading him for an ace? Everything points to him being a 300 hitter but nothing is for sure. I remember people wanting Scooter traded, thinking that Senzel would automatically hit 300, with 25 homeruns. He could but the pitching and pressure will be a little different. I do think that it was right to shop scooter but there is at least some risk in doing so. I’d like to see a full season with the Vertigo under control too.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:52 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Could you imagine if Senzel turns ou to be a 270 hitter and they turned down trading him for an ace? Everything points to him being a 300 hitter but nothing is for sure. I remember people wanting Scooter traded, thinking that Senzel would automatically hit 300, with 25 homeruns. He could but the pitching and pressure will be a little different. I do think that it was right to shop scooter but there is at least some risk in doing so. I’d like to see a full season with the Vertigo under control too.

I think being a 270 hitter wouldn't be horrific, depending on how good he was in other aspects of the game.

Bryce Harper is a career .279 hitter, but he also has a .388 career OBP and .512 career SLG, for a career .900 OPS.

Suarez is a .264/.341/.447/.788 career hitter.

Javier Baez .267/.309/.470/.779

Matt Carpenter .274/.377/.470/.847

If Senzel's floor is a .270 hitter, I'd say we'd be pretty damn happy with that haha.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think being a 270 hitter wouldn't be horrific, depending on how good he was in other aspects of the game.

Bryce Harper is a career .279 hitter, but he also has a .388 career OBP and .512 career SLG, for a career .900 OPS.

Suarez is a .264/.341/.447/.788 career hitter.

Javier Baez .267/.309/.470/.779

Matt Carpenter .274/.377/.470/.847

If Senzel's floor is a .270 hitter, I'd say we'd be pretty damn happy with that haha.

I can agree with that, that’s if he has a good OBP and solid slugging percentage. They are respectable numbers but not superstar numbers. I’d rather have control of an Ace than a player with that line though.
Reply/Quote
Only Vlad's boy has a higher hit grade than Senzel who carries a 70 hit grade.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=prospects
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 08:54 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Only Vlad's boy has a higher hit grade than Senzel who carries a 70 hit grade.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=prospects

And that should translate in the bigs but there are no guarantees. He probably will be good, how good is the question. It worries me that he had more than 1 bout with vertigo.
Reply/Quote
There have been more than a few players who performed great at the minor league level only to fall completely flat in the bigs. Until we actually see him in the bigs there's no way of knowing exactly what he can do. The big knock on Winker is his fielding weakness. He's not the fastest guy to ever cover the outfield. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario with Senzel. Too early and he may have real problems. Too late and he'll have wasted to much time toiling in the minor leagues. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote