Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senzel and India
We have 2 of the best third base prospects and Suarez locked up for years. I think the Reds need to move one or both of them for pitching. I would still like to see an ace come to Cincy. We could package one of our pitchers and one of these prospects for a good trade chip. What do we do with these guys?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Is it farfetched to suggest Suarez, Senzel, and India can play in the infield together?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Aces" are rare and overpriced. They only start one fifth of the games.

What we need is a left handed reliever. We have at least a "solid" starting rotation that we can get by with. But we have ZERO left haded relievers who are even close to decent.
Reply/Quote
Senzel will attempt CF and if the Reds do not extend Gennett, then he will move to 2nd base. India, albeit talented, still has a way to go similar to Trammel
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
They're blue chip prospects you don't trade just for the sake of trading. Nobody can predict the future and we don't know for certain Suarez nor any of the prospects will have MVP seasons much less middle of the road seasons. Unless absolutely forced to move them you keep them in place either with the big club or developing talent in the minors.  The Reds are in the cat bird seat right now and have really impressed this off season for a change. They acquired proven players and gave up very little in acquiring them. For the first time in quite awhile they have plenty of leverage with the talent so why on earth should they give away that leverage for an "ACE" when in fact an ace is nothing more than a pitcher having a great season? Any one of the current starters can become the ubiquitous "ace" with any luck at all. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 12:48 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We have 2 of the best third base prospects and Suarez locked up for years. I think the Reds need to move one or both of them for pitching. I would still like to see an ace come to Cincy. We could package one of our pitchers and one of these prospects for a good trade chip. What do we do with these guys?

I’d keep them both. Scooter will probably be gone. If the Reds play things right, they could have a cheap starting 8 next year( not counting Votto. Play the cheap youth and pour that money saved into a stronger starting staff. If Senzel can play center, this lineup should be lethal.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 02:55 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’d keep them both. Scooter will probably be gone. If the Reds play things right, they could have a cheap starting 8 next year( not counting Votto. Play the cheap youth and pour that money saved into a stronger starting staff. If Senzel can play center, this lineup should be lethal.

Not to mention the luxury of having two blue chip players in the pipeline ready when we need them.. how soon we forget that Homer was once thought of as an "ace" by many after tossing a pair of no-hitters. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Aces" are rare and overpriced. They only start one fifth of the games.

What we need is a left handed reliever. We have at least a "solid" starting rotation that we can get by with. But we have ZERO left haded relievers who are even close to decent.

I’m still hopeful on Garrett. He’s started really strong the past two seasons, only to falter down the stretch after an injury. Reed will probably be in the bullpen this year, maybe he’ll finally bring his minor league stuff with him to the majors.
Reply/Quote