Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senzel first MLB game
An infield single and 2 walks. And a great catch in Centerfield. Votto went 0-7 and he makes millions more than him BTW. We may have a new star.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
And he homers in second game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
He was also robbed of a HR earlier in the game.

He's legit!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 11:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He was also robbed of a HR earlier in the game.

He's legit!

Almost two HR in first game.  Good sign.  Damn he has a nice swing.  But I use to say that about Votto.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two homers yesterday. This guy is for real. Wait, so was Votto at one time.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 11:24 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Two homers yesterday. This guy is for real. Wait, so was Votto at one time.

If Senzel has a career even half as good as Votto's we're a very lucky fan base. No need to bash him for declining in his 12th professional season.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 11:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No need to bash him for declining in his 12th professional season.

Fans were bashing Votto when he was finishing top 10 in MVP voting.
Reply/Quote
I think Senzel is going to be a pretty decent player over the next several years, but I seriously doubt he'll ever lead the league or team in HRs. He's just not a big power hitter. I expect his BA to improve eventually, but like most everyone else on the team he's still hitting under .251. We need to temper expectations for this kid for awhile. He didn't spend much time at all in the minor leagues developing so he's being tossed into the fire with a chronically underperforming batting lineup.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Senzel has cooled off some and the pitchers are figuring out how to pitch him. He has a lot of potential. Lets hope for someone that is not a bust.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 11:47 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Senzel has cooled off some and the pitchers are figuring out how to pitch him. He has a lot of potential. Lets hope for someone that is not a bust.

I seriously doubt he'll be a bust.. An average player with potential? Sure, all day long. I really hope he can turn it on to become an all time great even if my gut tells me otherwise. After all, I did purchase some Nick Senzel baseball cards for my grandkids.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Has been a good leadoff hitter. Hitting .379 the past week scoring 9 runs. Has scored 20 runs in his 26 games played. Now hitting .279 overall with a plus .800 OPS.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 06:54 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Has been a good leadoff hitter.  Hitting .379 the past week scoring 9 runs.  Has scored 20 runs in his 26 games played.  Now hitting .279 overall with a plus .800 OPS.

He's been pretty much tearing it up, and we needed that.
Reply/Quote