Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hyperextended his elbow swinging the bat. This guy’s career is never going to take off. He and Winker just need to find a new job at this point, maybe coaching or scouting.

That's a shame, does seem like he's hurt a lot for being such a young player, I guess he's snake bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A lot of guys think they can make the Major Leagues, I was one of them. I was being scouted by four teams leading up to the draft in '87 when I tore my elbow. At that time, I thought life dealt me a bad hand . . . as the years went by, I realized that there is no way my body would have held up to the day to day grind that would have led to the bigs. 17 out of 24 vertebrae out of place and a left shoulder that never fully recovered from a car accident would have been holding me back time and time again. Add in knee surgery years later, there's no way my body would have let me continue.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hyperextended his elbow swinging the bat. This guy’s career is never going to take off. He and Winker just need to find a new job at this point, maybe coaching or scouting.

You lost me there. Winker played less games in 2019 because he was in a platoon role, not because he was made of glass. He got 334 PA against RHP and 50 against LHP.

Even with his struggles against LHP he's a career .285/.379/.466 hitter (.845 OPS/120 OPS+).

If you just look at vs RHP he's a career .307/.396/.511 hitter (.907 OPS). That's absolutely mashing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote