Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Serious Question For Each And Everyone Of You.
I think the word you are looking for is hypothetical, not serious.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:38 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol who stays up at night dreaming up these scenarios?

If anything makes me want to be ‘done’ with the franchise it’s our fan base. I’m tired of this woe is us attitude we have.

Unpopular take here, Joe doesn’t “deserve” anything. I constantly see people saying “Joe deserves a line”, “Joe deserves a franchise that cares”, “Joe deserves to be on a team that does X”. Hate to break it to you guys but joe doesn’t “deserve” shit. I hope he gets those things, I want to see him succeed but he is no more special than any other top rated QB who goes 1OA to a bad team.

Eh, read my post right above yours & then please reconsider accepting the "woe is us attitude."  :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've been watching this team since the '80s when I was a young kid and thought I'd always be watching a franchise that was on the same tier of success as the 49'ers. The '90s were really, really, really, really, really bad. Games blacked out frequently bad. Jeff Query bad.

[Image: 51JdCfPmhzL._AC_.jpg]

Super Bowl loss to the 49'ers x 2 (I was too young to know what was going on with the first one), Shula, Klingler, Ki-Jana injury, Bid Daddy Wilkinson bust, Akili bust, the Pollack injury, Odell Thurman's personal demons, Palmer getting Kimo'ed in the playoffs, etc. etc. I've kept on being a fan and will keep on being a fan.

I believe in the curse of Bo Jackson. We need to bring that dude to Cincinnati and make amends.  Sarcasm and Who Dey

LoL, you've summed up my experience exactly.... although I remember fuzzy images from the first Super Bowl, I was 6. My brother played on some state championship runner ups in highschool during that era, so I was around and understood a little about football at a young age.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You youngsters to young to remember the 1st Super Bowl loss...... lucky. It's burned into my mind.... as is our 2nd.
Reply/Quote
Even with Burrow, I have to admit my passion is waning. We're only two years into Zac Taylor's tenure, and I already feel like I did in the final years of Marvin's. This team has no identity. It's not dynamic, it's not innovative, it's simply not fun to watch. I assume they'll lose more often than not, and I honestly do not see any path to Taylor becoming a successful head coach. I look at the Ravens and the Steelers and even the Browns, and I don't for one second believe Taylor can compete with these guys six times a year. If he can't compete in the division, then what's the point of keeping him? They'll never sniff the playoffs.

A new coaching staff and it already feels incredibly stale. I'm already sick and tired of Zac Taylor and his press conferences where he paints everything as being fine and dandy while sirens go off around him. I can already see Burrow getting physically angry in his pressers with each loss. If they don't turn this around quick, Burrow will sprint out of town when his rookie deal is up. I'm sure of that.

It's not gonna take an injury. If they go 4 wins or less this year and keep Taylor, I'm honestly not sure where my interest will be next year. I am quite certain that they are just dragging out the inevitable at this point.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You youngsters to young to remember the 1st Super Bowl loss...... lucky. It's burned into my mind.... as is our 2nd.

The second loss scarred my soul. I was young enough to not be burdened by life and responsibility, so watching my favorite team blow it was my entire world in that moment. 34 seconds, ugh.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:48 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The second loss scarred my soul. I was young enough to not be burdened by life and responsibility, so watching my favorite team blow it was my entire world in that moment. 34 seconds, ugh.

Yeah, that one was a soul crusher.....but it was still better than the abyss that was soon to follow. 1988 was the year I attended my first NFL game....Bengals vs Skins. The game went to OT, Breech won it with a FG and the win clinched home field advantage for Cincy.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, that one was a soul crusher.....but it was still better than the abyss that was soon to follow. 1988 was the year I attended my first NFL game....Bengals vs Skins. The game went to OT, Breech won it with a FG and the win clinched home field advantage for Cincy.

It was the most fun I've had following the Bengals. They were a team capable of winning the Super Bowl. I wish they could return to that status.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It was the most fun I've had following the Bengals. They were a team capable of winning the Super Bowl. I wish they could return to that status.

Yep, they were an up and comer during that time....then Paul died. 

Hopefully we'll see it again some day.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: Here is a serious question, I want you to give it some thought before you answer:

Joe Burrow gets a career ending injury in his rookie year with a shot in the backfield by a defensive player from a lack of offensive line protection. The front office makes no coaching changes this offseason...none. Every single coach is back 2021. Are you done? I mean are you seriously done with the Bengals and move on in some fashion but never going back to the Bengals...ever.

I would much rather have "Bob Ross" happy thoughts like this: " The front office fires the whole coaching staff, hires a real G.M. that brings in a qualified coaching staff that surrounds Burrow with the talent he deserves and we win our first of many championships." ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:12 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I would much rather have "Bob Ross" happy thoughts like this: " The front office fires the whole coaching staff, hires a real G.M. that brings in a qualified coaching staff that surrounds Burrow with the talent he deserves and we win our first of many championships." ThumbsUp

I'll have some of that you're smoking on.... Cool

Reply/Quote
In low times like these I try to remember all the good Bengals moments.. 88, 05, 15 sort of till the end of all of them lol.. Corey Dillon Ravaging the Broncos Defense. JEFF Blake's Moon Ball.. Chad Guarantee victory against the undefeated chiefs. DRAFTING Joe Burrow.. You can re-live them all on youtube too! Things will get better. No way they ignore the O and D lines next year.. I know we say this alot but, Next year!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:12 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I would much rather have "Bob Ross" happy thoughts like this: " The front office fires the whole coaching staff, hires a real G.M. that brings in a qualified coaching staff that surrounds Burrow with the talent he deserves and we win our first of many championships." ThumbsUp

Bob's dead...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bob's dead...

HEY!!! Quit raining on my happy thoughts parade!!!!! Bob will LIVE FOREVER in reruns!!!!! Dagnabbit!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I don't believe it happens that way for most people. Maybe it's more of a subtle process. At one point you had season tickets, you tailgated and read everything you could about the team. The one day the wife convinces you the tickets are too expensive and you really don't have much fun anyway, so you stop paying for those. You watch at home for a few years, but slowly the other distractions life deals you get in the way, and you realize there are more important/useful/fun things to do with your Sundays. Eventually you stop following the team entirely, and wonder why you ever did.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I’m going to pop you twixt the running lights.

For this. This thing you’ve put out into the cosmos.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: Here is a serious question, I want you to give it some thought before you answer:

Joe Burrow gets a career ending injury in his rookie year with a shot in the backfield by a defensive player from a lack of offensive line protection. The front office makes no coaching changes this offseason...none. Every single coach is back 2021. Are you done? I mean are you seriously done with the Bengals and move on in some fashion but never going back to the Bengals...ever.

Terrible question, I will just say what I always have, I will always be a Bengals fan.

Sure as hell hope that shit doesn't happen though. I need a brewskie just thinking about it.

If this ever did happen and we continued to lose I would become apathetic and not care much.
Reply/Quote