Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious question.
(04-03-2024, 12:11 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: For a RT outside the top 40, I like the idea of Cooper Beebe. He has played both tackle spots, even though he projects as a guard in the NFL.

He could serve as an immediate replacement for Volsen, and step in for Trent Brown this season is he went down.

Very good size, 322 lbs, three cone 7.44,  forty time 5.03, shuttle 4.61, and broad jump 9'1".

Pending on the site, he projects anywhere from 45 to 90 in the draft.

Something outside the box.

Beebe is a beast.  He and Puni are two I like a lot.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I Second the Christian Jones pick because he can also play guard. But keep an eye on Goncalves, he would fit nicely in the Bengals Scheme.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah. I'm embarrassed by those fools "screaming" for Ja'Marr, Burrow, Higgins...Don't they know Oline is the only important position on an NFL Team?

Tee Higgins is also an injury risk and one the franchise tag, our STARTING LG is among the worst in the NFL (I know), we have 0 NTs on the team, and the worst TE in the AFC North

The team did what it could to replace RT by taking the best one available in FA. Of course he carries an injury risk; as does Joe Burrow and our recently departed NT that made everyone mad we lost. If they take OT at 18, great, but I can also see value in Brian Thomas, AD Mitchell, Brock Bowers.....Feel free to be embarrassed if you wish. 

Burrow and chase is all we need. Both those picks were necessary. Higgins was not Ross was not bowers would not be. And while we’ve had alllllllll these weapons the offensive line has continued to let out qb the most important position on the field get murdered. Higgins Boyd and chase was an EMBARRASSMENT of riches. We do not need that and to hear some of y’all still slamming the table for bowers or another weapon more so than trenches whether defense or offense is yes embarrassing. How many seasons we gonna go until the oline IS fixed. Volson is not good he’s a late round pick and u wanna do that at right tackle. No.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Beebe is a beast.  He and Puni are two I like a lot.  

Like them both as well but as swing backups and competition for Volson not as our future right tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: So you'd force an OT pick at 18 with a team that can't hit on linemen?  What difference does it make?  Using your logic, if we can't hit on linemen than I'd rather not waste a first rounder on one.

I can’t believe I have to say this but yes the Bengals continue to get in their own way and miss at the offensive tackle position. Carmen have the injury issues and we even trade it back and passed up on good offense of lineman prospects to take him ogbuehi had the injury issues and missed almost a whole season lacked reps and then sucked Jake Fischer was drafted probably a round or 2 too early then had the heart issue and sucked the list just goes on and on however that doesn’t mean you don’t select one if it’s a need they just need to hit on it and instead of trying to outsmart everyone they need to just draft the consensus top tackle available unless it’s too far of a reach then you trade back but if Latham Fuaga Fuatanu are there you take them it’s that simple I think you even take Mims the points for him to sit a year behind Brown that would be perfect for him just cause they suck at evaluating and selecting offensive lineman doesn’t mean they stop drafting offensive lineman and that doesn’t mean that we don’t prioritize it because Burrow still the number one priority so we have to protect him waiting to the fourth or fifth round like we did with Volson is not smart especially at the right tackle position I don’t think it gets easier to find good offensive lineman the longer you wait in the draft that’s just me
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 04:02 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Outside the top 40 prospects is there an offensive tackle anyone of you are sold on to do the following two things for us….?
Fill in for Brown like a potential starter this season.
By next season take over right tackle as a our future on the right side.  
If so who!?
(BTW I have Kingsley Suamataia at #37)

Patrick Paul screams Frank Pollack style tackle big long athletic with a wide body. He's going to be a better zone blocker than drive blocker and he has wind up dropping his hands before his initial punch. He reminds me of Evan Neal.

Kiran Amegadjie all22 I just got through last week been waiting since I first mocked him to thr Bengals in November. He is as athletic as any tackle in the class with excellent bend and length. Hands placement and refits need work but the talent is there.

Blake Fisher I'm less high on than most because I think he's slow (not 40 time) he's late off the snap late hands late recognizing games but thr 5 star talent is there guy moves well laterally and when his hands land he drives through people.

Roger Rosengarten is one of my draft favorites guy fires off rhe ball and breaks down pass rushers like a pro but doesn't have good recovery step and like Paul high waisted which will limite him as a drive blocker more suited for zone.

Javon Foster reminds me of Jaelyn Duncan last year. The high level reps are there but so are all the very bad reps.

Christian Jones, Matt Goncalves, and Delmar Glaze are all similar in they give you experience, good technique, and average at best athleticism but you can easily see a path to solid play similar to Morgan Moses.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Patrick Paul screams Frank Pollack style tackle big long athletic with a wide body. He's going to be a better zone blocker than drive blocker and he has wind up dropping his hands before his initial punch. He reminds me of Evan Neal.

Kiran Amegadjie all22 I just got through last week been waiting since I first mocked him to thr Bengals in November. He is as athletic as any tackle in the class with excellent bend and length. Hands placement and refits need work but the talent is there.

Blake Fisher I'm less high on than most because I think he's slow (not 40 time) he's late off the snap late hands late recognizing games but thr 5 star talent is there guy moves well laterally and when his hands land he drives through people.

Roger Rosengarten is one of my draft favorites guy fires off rhe ball and breaks down pass rushers like a pro but doesn't have good recovery step and like Paul high waisted which will limite him as a drive blocker more suited for zone.

Javon Foster reminds me of Jaelyn Duncan last year. The high level reps are there but so are all the very bad reps.

Christian Jones, Matt Goncalves, and Delmar Glaze are all similar in they give you experience, good technique, and average at best athleticism but you can easily see a path to solid play similar to Morgan Moses.

I like Patrick Paul as a prospect but there's 2 words I hate to see combined "Potential and Pollack". It's why I more favor the experienced Olinemen
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:48 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Burrow and chase is all we need.  Both those picks were necessary.  Higgins was not Ross was not bowers would not be.  And while we’ve had alllllllll these weapons the offensive line has continued to let out qb the most important position on the field get murdered.  Higgins Boyd and chase was an EMBARRASSMENT of riches.  We do not need that and to hear some of y’all still slamming the table for bowers or another weapon more so than trenches whether defense or offense is yes embarrassing.  How many seasons we gonna go until the oline IS fixed.  Volson is not good he’s a late round pick and u wanna do that at right tackle.  No.

I suppose there's a Ced O, Billy Price, or Jackson Carman out there somewhere. See I can bring up back picks too. We've done a fairly good job at drafting skill players early. Oline not so much. We've tried to "fix" the oline every year including this one.

If Oline is the pick early, great. If not, that's great too. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose there's a Ced O, Billy Price, or Jackson Carman out there somewhere. See I can bring up back picks too. We've done a fairly good job at drafting skill players early. Oline not so much. We've tried to "fix" the oline every year including this one.

If Oline is the pick early, great. If not, that's great too. 

If we don’t pick tackle at 18 nor trade up to into the 30’s for Kingsley then it’s not great at all. And it’s been explained a million times over on why by others in this same thread. And yes there are attempts to fix the oline year in and year out however…. It doesn’t ever happen. Cuz we fail in the draft at doing so. And it’s not just swing and misses. Ced O should’ve never been the pick there. Billy price was a panic. Volson is badddddd and that’s what happens when u wait. Jackson carman we traded back for and missed out on guys like Humphrey ect. The bengals shoot themselves in the foot rarely going with the consensus. They always do their own thing which I’m fine with unless we are talking about olineman. They need to not scout em and just draft the consensus top pick available. They need to get out their own way. They do it to themselves.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 08:04 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote:  If we don’t pick tackle at 18 nor trade up to into the 30’s for Kingsley then it’s not great at all.  And it’s been explained a million times over on why by others in this same thread.  And yes there are attempts to fix the oline year in and year out however…. It doesn’t ever happen.  Cuz we fail in the draft at doing so.  And it’s not just swing and misses.  Ced O should’ve never been the pick there.  Billy price was a panic. Volson is badddddd and that’s what happens when u wait.  Jackson carman we traded back for and missed out on guys like Humphrey ect.  The bengals shoot themselves in the foot rarely going with the consensus.  They always do their own thing which I’m fine with unless we are talking about olineman.  They need to not scout em and just draft the consensus top pick available.  They need to get out their own way.  They do it to themselves.

I wouldn't trade up or down for Kingsley Suamataia. He is all potential with below average tape big time gamble pick. If he is BPA at #49 then fine.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
IF we dont get an OT round 1 its not the end of the World.. we definitely should not be reaching for players if the ones we value at a position are gone. Whoever is taken @ 18 should be able to be on the Field week 1 preferably.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: IF we dont get an OT round 1 its not the end of the World..   we definitely should not be reaching for players if the ones we value at a position are gone.         Whoever is taken @ 18 should be able to be on the Field week 1 preferably.

That would probably only be CB, slot WR, or Brock Bowers then.
A DT might get some snaps as a rotational guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: IF we dont get an OT round 1 its not the end of the World.. we definitely should not be reaching for players if the ones we value at a position are gone. Whoever is taken @ 18 should be able to be on the Field week 1 preferably.

It’s safe to say that there’s is gonna be a top tackle available at 18. If not u gotta find a suitor trade back in the first and grabbed kingsley at like 27 or 31. If we don’t land one of these top tackles, if/when brown goes down it won’t be the end of the world but most likely the end of the season. Bengals need to smart and aggressive getting a tackle
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That would probably only be CB, slot WR, or Brock Bowers then.
A DT might get some snaps as a rotational guy.

Go corner at 18 and use ur comp pick at 97 to move up from 49 to get kingsley. Come back at 80 for mckinnley jackson
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:45 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Go corner at 18 and use ur comp pick at 97 to move up from 49 to get kingsley.  Come back at 80 for mckinnley jackson

So then you'd wait until Day 3 for any offensive weapons?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:44 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: It’s safe to say that there’s is gonna be a top tackle available at 18.  If not u gotta find a suitor trade back in the first and grabbed kingsley at like 27 or 31.  If we don’t land one of these top tackles, if/when brown goes down it won’t be the end of the world but most likely the end of the season.  Bengals need to smart and aggressive getting a tackle

dont get obsessed with 1 player... you will likely be disappointed
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So then you'd wait until Day 3 for any offensive weapons?

He has it figured out. It’s his way and no other way. Only his opinions matter. Not the teams’ of any other posters.

Is this your first day here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 09:22 AM)Synric Wrote: I wouldn't trade up or down for Kingsley Suamataia. He is all potential with below average tape big time gamble pick. If he is BPA at #49 then fine.

A lot of people including experts have him higher then whomever you are brother. I’m not going off my analysis I’m going off the consensus and most everywhere I turn and look has kingsley rated way higher than 49 and PFF has him I. The mocks going in between 27-33. The drop off from him is massive.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 03:44 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: A lot of people including experts have him higher then whomever you are brother.  I’m not going off my analysis I’m going off the consensus and most everywhere I turn and look has kingsley rated way higher than 49 and PFF has him I. The mocks going in between 27-33.  The drop off from him is massive.

Lance Zierlein is one of the best OL media scouts works for NFL.com doing their scouting reports. He has Kingsley Suamataia listed as his 14th tackle behind Jordan Morgan, Blake Fisher, Kiran Amegadjie, Caeden Wallace, Patrick Paul, Matt Goncalves, and Javon Foster...

Suamataia has a ton of upside with his size length amazing athleticism and only 20 years old...but that's what you're buying because he was average at best on the field at BYU. Tons of work there although at the Senior Bowl he was using independent hands which he didn't do in 2023 wasn't surprised when someone said he was working with Paul Alexander.

Reply/Quote
I like Blake Fisher a ton, Jordan Morgan, Goncalves, Amegadjie, Suamataia in the 2nd/3rd rounds if we miss out on Fuaga, Fautanu, Mims or Latham at 18.
Reply/Quote