Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously this team has been bad all year
Think about it, we barely beat a Jets team that is pretty bad and only throw one touchdown against a terrible Dolphins team and we've not beaten one good team so far...When you really think about it this team is just plain bad this year...Mediocre Marvin has to go
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: Think about it, we barely beat a Jets team that is pretty bad and only throw one touchdown against a terrible Dolphins team and we've not beaten one good team so far...When you really think about it this team is just plain bad this year...Mediocre Marvin has to go

Agreed but look in disparity of teams played.
 Beat two 1-4 teams
 Lost to three 4-1 teams

Unfortunately they play another this coming up week.  Need to figure out the fundamentals fast.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marv is mediocre??
Reply/Quote
I remember watching the first drive of the Jets game, where they marched down the field, and thinking "this should not be happening, it may be a long season". They barely won that game, and were helped by some kicking issues from the Jets. They beat a Miami team that is terrible, but left a ton of points on the field. Yes, they scored 14 yesterday, but that was after Dallas went into a big prevent. They were dominated for more than three quarters.

This does not look like a very good team. It looks more like a 6-7 win team.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agreed but look in disparity of teams played.
 Beat two 1-4 teams
 Lost to three 4-1 teams

Unfortunately they play another this coming up week.  Need to figure out the fundamentals fast.

Good teams take care of business regardless of their opponent's record.  Even in our best years we've not been able to dethrone the top ranked teams (especially in the playoffs) or even those with a winning record.  If I'm not mistaken, the last time we took down a team with a winning record was in November of 2015 when we beat the Steelers.  
Reply/Quote
The offensive line has been bad all year. Thats not something you can just "fix" throughout the year. Its a lack of talent.

The defense has been bad as well. Surprisingly bad. They have gotten run on all year and have given up big pass plays all year.

This team is a shell of itself.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This thread is dead on correct.

Ability of LBs and DBs to make plays depends on d-line

Ability of QB and RBs and WRs to make plays depends on the o line.

Neither one of our lines is able to compete against the top teams and we make average to below average D lines like MIami and Dallas look like all pro.

Our D line had a "good " game against Dolphins O line which consisted almost entirely of non-starters. They have put almost no pressure on Fitz, Big Ben , and on the Dallas QB.

No pressure on the Dallas QB while getting absolutely creamed in run blocking.

This team has not a prayer of advancing in playoffs and is most likely to finish under 500 or worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:28 AM)NKYRob Wrote: Good teams take care of business regardless of their opponent's record.  

Id that why there is a coiuple of undefeated teams every year in the NFL?  Rolleyes

(10-10-2016, 10:28 AM)NKYRob Wrote:  Even in our best years we've not been able to dethrone the top ranked teams (especially in the playoffs) or even those with a winning record.  If I'm not mistaken, the last time we took down a team with a winning record was in November of 2015 when we beat the Steelers.  

Over the last three full seasons only 4 teams have more wins than the Bengals against teams that finished with winning records, and only 3 teams have a higher winning percentage against teams that finish with a winning record.  We have been one of the best teams in the league playing against good teams.

But that being said this year's team looks bad.  I am used to all the "knee-jerk" haters bawling their eyes out and whining about how we are the worst team in the league every time we lose a single game, but this year is different.  This is not just one random bad game by the bengals.  This is a team with serious problems that have shown up in every game.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Id that why there is a coiuple of undefeated teams every year in the NFL?

Over the last three full seasons Only 4 teams have more wins against teams that finished with winning records, and only 3 teams have a higher winning percentage against teams that finish with a winning record.  We have been one of the best teams in the legue playing against good teams.

But that being said this year's team looks bad.  I am used to all the "knee-jerk" haters bawling their eyes out and whining about how we are the worst team in the league every time we lose a single game, but this year is different.  This is not just one random bad game by the bengals.  This is a team with serious problems that have shown up in every game.
correct in all respects.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone even care if we make the postseason. They'll just lose to whatever division winner they're pitted against.

If Marvin decides to leave or retire, I'll have a few drinks. If Mike Brown dies, I'll get wasted.

If both, someone better call an ambulance.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But that being said this year's team looks bad.  I am used to all the "knee-jerk" haters bawling their eyes out and whining about how we are the worst team in the league every time we lose a single game, but this year is different.  This is not just one random bad game by the bengals.  This is a team with serious problems that have shown up in every game.

So, what's the answer now?  Do you give Marvin another year to prove his worth with a new team (comprised of many of the same players and a few new ones)?  Or do you take the good we have now (AJ, Andy, Burfict, Geno & Dunlap) and build around them with another coach?

I'm tired of the seeing the old regime, quite frankly, and would be interested in trying a new direction for better or worse.  I don't see the point of enduring another 11 games of this kind of football.  The way I see it, we may as well get a jump start on next year and use this year as a building block.

After next week, there will be nowhere for Marvin, his staff and many Bengal players, for that matter, to hide.  I'm not blaming it all on Marvin, but this team has seriously regressed from last year and somebody has to be held accountable.  Tom Brady probably won't even play the 2nd half.  

We are in serious trouble and I think it's obvious to us all.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: So, what's the answer now?  Do you give Marvin another year to prove his worth with a new team (comprised of many of the same players and a few new ones)?  Or do you take the good we have now (AJ, Andy, Burfict, Geno & Dunlap) and build around them with another coach?

I'm tired of the seeing the old regime, quite frankly, and would be interested in trying a new direction for better or worse.  I don't see the point of enduring another 11 games of this kind of football.  The way I see it, we may as well get a jump start on next year and use this year as a building block.

After next week, there will be nowhere for Marvin, his staff and many Bengal players, for that matter, to hide.  I'm not blaming it all on Marvin, but this team has seriously regressed from last year and somebody has to be held accountable.  Tom Brady probably won't even play the 2nd half.  

We are in serious trouble and I think it's obvious to us all.

If we miss the playoffs then Marvin should probably be fired.

But no need to fire them now.  In '12 they turned the team around after starting 3-5.  they have earned the chance to turn this team around also.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The offensive line has been bad all year. Thats not something you can just "fix" throughout the year. Its a lack of talent.

The defense has been bad as well. Surprisingly bad. They have gotten run on all year and have given up big pass plays all year.

This team is a shell of itself.

I dunno man....lots of top rounders in that group, and a hand picked center......I'd say it's devoid of coaching for the position.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we miss the playoffs then Marvin should probably be fired.

But no need to fire them now.  In '12 they turned the team around after starting 3-5.  they have earned the chance to turn this team around also.

My God, Fred... Have you been hacked?

Literally the last person I thought I'd ever see (on the boards, anyway) say that
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we miss the playoffs then Marvin should probably be fired.

I don't think you fire him five games into the season.  He has earned the chance to finish the year and nothing productive would come from doing so.  If they miss the playoffs, I do think the team needs to move on.  That said, I don't think it will happen.  I think Mike Brown will chalk it up to having new coaches and the turnover on the offensive side of the ball.  I truly believe Marvin has a job as long as he wants it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno man....lots of top rounders in that group, and a hand picked center......I'd say it's devoid of coaching for the position.

If someone is making the argument for a lack of talent, then you can't say the Bengals are very good at drafting.  There are too many high draft picks to make the talent argument.
Reply/Quote