Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set your DVR
Bengals vs Ravens will replay at 3 AM on NFLN
Reply/Quote
That game played a key role in Mike bringing Marvin back Whatever

While I was ecstatic to see them win it like that and end the season on a high note, knowing that Mike saw it as "progress" and gave Marv an extension afterwards... I don't think I'll be able to stomach watching it again.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 08:02 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: That game played a key role in Mike bringing Marvin back Whatever

While I was ecstatic to see them win it like that and end the season on a high note, knowing that Mike saw it as "progress" and gave Marv an extension afterwards... I don't think I'll be able to stomach watching it again.

The way I see it, is this is Marvin's season. MB has pretty much apparently given Lewis full reins to seek out free agents, bring in coaches he wants, and supposedly will draft who he wants. This is Marvin's put up or shut up year. Yeah, he's been here forever and I wanted him gone, but now that he is really running things (from all appearances), I will give him one more chance.....
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 08:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The way I see it, is this is Marvin's season. MB has pretty much apparently given Lewis full reins to seek out free agents, bring in coaches he wants, and supposedly will draft who he wants. This is Marvin's put up or shut up year. Yeah, he's been here forever and I wanted him gone, but now that he is really running things (from all appearances), I will give him one more chance.....

Yeah, I hear ya. By all appearances, Mike has completely stepped aside (God willing) and Marvin has complete control for the first time in his career. This offseason has been FAR from the norm. They're treating it like a real NFL team would, which all but indicates Mike is out of the picture. 

It is refreshing to see this team finally take the necessary (obvious) steps to better themselves. But my biggest issue with Marv has and always been his game day coaching/lack of proper adjustments. A better offseason won't fix in-game coaching blunders. I hope Marv can prove me wrong and finally at least win a playoff game, but I'm not holding my breath. 
Reply/Quote