Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Gordon-suspended again
How many chances has he thrown away? He is gone indefinitely (permanently more likely) for PEDs and "substances of abuse"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He'll be a superstar, in the XFL..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I actually feel bad for him. At this point it seems there are some serious addiction issues that have taken over and that's not something I would wish on anyone. There are millions of people in similar situations. At the same time he has been given opportunity after opportunity with some of the best health care and treatment options money can buy. Something most people in similar situations never get. As a person I hope he finally gets the help he needs. As an NFL player I think he doesn't deserve any more opportunities. Some people have to hit rock bottom, even a few times, before they really learn they can no longer continue on the same path. Let's hope Josh as a person can beat it at some point, learn, and move on to a healthier and better life.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Remember someone got their undies in a bunch when I talked about Gordon when he was getting another chance with the Pats. As stated above, he has had chances and a lot more opportunities, help and support than many others get. NFL needs to finally put the nail in his pro football coffin.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 07:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I actually  feel bad for him. At this point it seems there are some serious addiction issues that have taken over and that's not something I would wish on anyone.  There are millions of people in similar situations.  At the same time he has been given opportunity after opportunity with some of the best health care and treatment options money can buy.  Something most people in similar situations never get.  As a person I hope he finally gets the help he needs.  As an NFL player I think he doesn't deserve any more opportunities.   Some people have to hit rock bottom, even a few times, before they really learn they can no longer continue on the same path.  Let's hope Josh as a person can beat it at some point, learn, and move on to a healthier and better life.

I know that it's sad to see a great talent succumb to addiction like that.  However, it's not like he doesn't have a tremendous support system, all the benefit of the NFL PA, and many, many other resources to help him get the treatment to overcome this "inner demon".  The truth is, he likely won't choose to qut, until it's too late for his athletic career to have a chance of reviving.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 10:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that it's sad to see a great talent succumb to addiction like that.  However, it's not like he doesn't have a tremendous support system, all the benefit of the NFL PA, and many, many other resources to help him get the treatment to overcome this "inner demon".  The truth is, he likely won't choose to qut, until it's too late for his athletic career to have a chance of reviving.

It's sad to see anyone succumb to addiction and my post wasn't about his talent.  And as I stated above he has had opportunities for some of the best medical care and treatment available.  It seems he has not hit rock bottom yet.  There are tons of people dealing with addiction that are never given the opportunity to turn their life around like he has had and probably deserve those chances just as much if not more.  I think it is fair to say at this point his athletic career is done, at least in the NFL.  All the same, I can feel compassion for someone that seemingly needs more help.  

As for support systems. That's a tricky one. Is an NFL mandated support system really a true support system? There is a big difference in support between, "You have to do this so you can play again and we support you," and people that really care about the person and are going to support them no matter what in their road to recovery.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote