Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 NFL Mock Draft Challenge: December
It is that time of year again.  Submit your best simulated mock draft from one of the 4 choices:

Fanspeak
Profootball Network
The Draft Network
Profootball Focus PFF

Please use classic and fanspeak big board if you choose Fanspeak simulator.  Only submit one draft per month challenge.  We will vote on best draft at the end of the month and it will be posted at at of thread in the first week of the subsequent month.  Good Luck!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used Fanspeak, and I doubt I can get as lucky as this one if I wait longer, so here it is.

3: R1 P3 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon
35: R2 P3 TE Kyle Pitts - Florida
67: R3 P3 LB Hamilcar Rashed Jr. - Oregon State
105: R4 P3 G Deonte Brown - Alabama
144: R5 P3 DL Levi Onwuzurike - Washington
182: R6 P3 LB Shaka Toney - Penn State
225: R7 P3 CB Chase Lucas - Arizona State
233: R7 P11 WR JD Spielman - Nebraska

In my eyes, the Bengals get:
Franchise-caliber OT
Elite receiving weapon
starting OG
3 pass rushers (2 edge, 1 IDL)
CB depth
Erickson replacement as PR and backup slot receiver
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Went with Fanspeak.

Penei Sewell T
Rashawn Slater G
Chris Olave WR
Patrick Jones EDGE
Kadarius Toney WR
Michael Carter RB
Elijah Ponder DL
Aaron Robinson CB

This really ends up heavy offense. I don't think we can fix both sides in one draft. So Burrow is the priority. Offensive line and weapons
Reply/Quote
I don't get these Fanspeak drafts and how such highly-rated players fall so far. It would be awesome, but it seems a bit of a fail in terms of actual simulation.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't get these Fanspeak drafts and how such highly-rated players fall so far. It would be awesome, but it seems a bit of a fail in terms of actual simulation.

Yeah, Kyle Pitts in the 2nd? C’mon now.

Reply/Quote
Used TDN for this....

Cincinnati Bengals
Penei Sewell
OT, Oregon

Cincinnati Bengals
Azeez Ojulari
EDGE, Georgia

Cincinnati Bengals
Deonte Brown
IOL, Alabama

Cincinnati Bengals
Hamsah Nasirildeen
S, Florida State

Cincinnati Bengals
Javian Hawkins
RB, Louisville

Cincinnati Bengals
Jack Jones
CB, Arizona State

Cincinnati Bengals
Austin Watkins
WR, UAB

Cincinnati Bengals
Damon Hazelton
WR, Missouri
Reply/Quote
I used The Draft Network for my mock, and I only did four rounds. I found that once we got to the fifth round, I didn't really know many of the players and was just selecting at random. I really like the draft that I got, though, and I don't think it is a far fetched draft at all.

1. Penei Sewell, Tackle - For me, a no brainer. Best tackle prospect in the draft and an instant improvement to the offensive line.

2. Carlos Basham Jr, DE - I really like this guy a lot and as we approach the draft, he may slip into the first round. A big, versatile defensive end who can play the run and rush the passer well.

3. Jaylen Twyman, DT - i originally said Hamilcar Rashed Jr here, and that is because I honestly forgot that Hubbard was on the team. I am in the camp of re-signing Lawson so Lawson, Basham, Hubbard and Hamilcar would create a logjam at DE and with Geno leaving, we need some interior pass rush. Twyman is a defensive tackle in the mold of Atkins that I think could develop into a strong interior rusher.

4. Hunter Long, TE - I think this guy is good value in the fourth. The Bengals need a viable receiving threat at the TE position and Sample hasn't lived up to that billing through his first two seasons. Hunter has prototypical size for a TE (6'5, 253) and is a major contributor to the Boston College offense. He has 57 receptions for 685 yards and five TDs this season.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I should make this December. We only have 3-4 months until draft!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't get these Fanspeak drafts and how such highly-rated players fall so far.  It would be awesome, but it seems a bit of a fail in terms of actual simulation.

Yea it's not realistic at all. But that's not the game! lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This is from the PFN simulator. I'll use a different simulator each month, just to see how they compare.

FIRST ROUND: Easy pick here. Have to get better up front for the 2 Joes.

Penei Sewell
OT Oregon

SECOND ROUND: I had some choices here. But if we can't reunite Burrow with Chase, we can with Marshall. With the decline of AJ Green, it's time to reload at WR. Boyd, Higgins, & Marshall would be pretty formidable.

Terrace Marshall Jr.
WR LSU

THIRD ROUND: This was tough. There were a couple of EDGE guys available, but this guy just stood out to me. Our CB room isn't bad, and I hope we can resign WillJax, but this guy is very good. Actually, I'll be surprised if he's there in 3.

Paulson Adebo
CB Stanford

FOURTH ROUND: Here's our edge guy. Home cookin'.

Myjai Sanders
EDGE Cincinnati

FIFTH ROUND: He just had double knee surgery to be ready for the draft. Prior to the surgery he was one of the top IOL in the nation. Plays both C and G. We can trade/cut Billy Price.

Trey Hill
OC Georgia

SIXTH ROUND: Another OT, because I'm not excited about our depth there at all. Young is very physical. He might go earlier than the 6th. Lot's changes between Dec and April.

Landon Young
OT Kentucky

SEVENTH ROUND: Again, I'm going back to improve our secondary, praying that we can address the DLine in FA.

PFN has Stevens ranked as the #6 safety in this year's draft, so he might not be here in 7, Jolly is a ballhawk. His tape reminds me of Darius Phillips' tape, only without all the TDs.

JaCoby Stevens
S LSU

Shaun Jolly
CB Appalachian State
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Don't forget to vote on best draft for December. I will do this again for January.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
file:///C:/Users/Haugen/Documents/NFL%20Mock%20Draft%20Simulator_%20Make%20Your%20Own%20Draft%20Picks%20_%20The%20Draft%20Network.html

Too big a doofus to cope and paste the picture...

1.) Penei Sewell, OT- Didn't trade and he was there...
2.) Derion Kendricks, CB- Thinking WJIII is gone.  He will be developed behind Waynes and Phillips
3.) Shaka Toney, EDGE- Needs to play with more power, but there is no denying his speed and athleticism.
4.) Elijah Moore, WR- No longer a hidden gem as he played this year.  Has the vertical speed to take the top off a defense, yet is reliable and versatile enough on short routes and moving the chains.
5.) Anthony Schwartz- WR- Depth at SPEED WR.  Schwartz is a better hands catcher than his SEC twin, Kadarius Toney at Florida.  
6.) Deomoddore Lenoir, CB- Fluid athlete that can play both inside and outside CB.  
7.) Tuli Letuligasenoa, IDL- Beast of a space eater with surprising agility.  Poor man's Peko...and yes, we could use a player like that
7b.) Jamar Watson, EDGE-  Developmental pass rusher with upside.

I liked doubling down on EDGE, WR, and even CB because of the needed depth (and competition) at those spots.  
Reply/Quote