Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
This team is likely going to finish 2-13-1 after letting Burrow get mangled behind a bottom 3 line. As it stands, that will likely have them picking somewhere between 2-4. So, the million dollar question is:

1: Target the best tackle or

2: Try to acquire as many picks as possible? We know the team lacks trench talent. Other teams will be in the hunt for Fields and the other 1st round possible QB’s.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
You have with the option #2 at this point. The Defensive line is a much bigger or same level of need as the offensive line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:12 PM)J24 Wrote: You have with the option #2 at this point. The Defensive line is a much bigger or same level of need as the offensive line.

We will be drafting #3.  We aren't passing the Jags or the Jets.

You take Sewell and NEVER look back.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:12 PM)J24 Wrote: You have with the option #2 at this point. The Defensive line is a much bigger or same level of need as the offensive line.

I would agree with option #2, but the offensive side of the ball has to be the priority.  IDGAF if we give up 30+ a game next year as long as they fix the OL and give Burrow the weapons he needs.  Drop the money in FA on proven OL, trade down if you're in a position for someone to come up for a QB, and use the draft to replace departing defensive talent and get Burrow some more talent around him.

The biggest blunder they made this year was giving Burrow next to no help and dumping huge bank on the defense to try and save Anarumo's job.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we are able to draft Sewell.. I would draft him.. if not trade back with extra picks..need more than a good QB to be a winning team again
Reply/Quote
It's Sewell at #3. Any other choice would be a big F U to the city of Cincinnati.

Mike Brown and his family needs to fully put their support around Burrow or sell the damn team... it's time.... everyone and their mother with social media knows how crap of a ownership this team is. This isn't the 80's and 90's.

Build a team or get out of the business of football.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The team would get butchered if they would have passed on a generational QB talent, so why would we give them a free pass if they passed on a generational OT prospect?

This shouldn't be that hard. Draft Sewell, sign a free agent OG and roll with Sewell/Spain/Hopkins/FA/Williams.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would agree with option #2, but the offensive side of the ball has to be the priority.  IDGAF if we give up 30+ a game next year as long as they fix the OL and give Burrow the weapons he needs.  Drop the money in FA on proven OL, trade down if you're in a position for someone to come up for a QB, and use the draft to replace departing defensive talent and get Burrow some more talent around him.

The biggest blunder they made this year was giving Burrow next to no help and dumping huge bank on the defense to try and save Anarumo's job.  
I agree to an extent. With that being said signing AJ Green to the franchise tag seems like a major waste instead of signing a starting guard or RT.
J24

Reply/Quote
Let me say this clearly. TACKLE PLAY HAS BEEN GOOD THIS YEAR! it is not the issue. U trade. We need as many high picks as possible. The talent level especially on the dline(fault of our dc but still) is despicable. We should have traded back last year. We should trade back this year. Improve the overall team.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Let me say this clearly. TACKLE PLAY HAS BEEN GOOD THIS YEAR! it is not the issue. U trade. We need as many high picks as possible. The talent level especially on the dline(fault of our dc but still) is despicable. We should have traded back last year. We should trade back this year. Improve the overall team.

To your point the Bengals are looking at replacing Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson, Alexander, and Jackson on defense.  All are free agents, already traded, or potential Cuts for next season.
J24

Reply/Quote
Sewell is solid yes, but if you can move back and say acquire a scenario like this you do it:

Bengals trade #3 pick

Team ? Trades #8-12, 2nd rd, 4th rd, and 2022 2nd rd

Draft scenario now 10 picks, that’s roster changing!!!

1)
2)
2)
3)
4)
4)
5)
6)
7)
7)
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:07 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Sewell is solid yes, but if you can move back and say acquire a scenario like this you do it:

Bengals trade #3 pick

Team ? Trades #8-12, 2nd rd, 4th rd, and 2022 2nd rd

Draft scenario now 10 picks, that’s roster changing!!!

1)
2)
2)
3)
4)
4)
5)
6)
7)
7)

Said it once and I'll say it again:

[Image: 1183188863.jpg.0.jpg]

Are you sure?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Don’t get cute. Sewell is the obvious pick.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t get cute. Sewell is the obvious pick.

Problem is that dosent change anything.
Reply/Quote
If Penei Sewell is there it's a no brainer. He is the best non QB in the draft class at a premium position.

If Hart is healthy I'd like to see Hakeem Adeniji at Left Guard for a few games.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Problem is that dosent change anything.

I’m sure it would change everything if he played in Columbus...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure it would change everything if he played in Columbus...

Not at all... say we get Sewell. What does that change? Absolutely nothing as far as oline. Saw a stat today that 90 percent of pressures has come from the interior of the oline. So I ask again what does getting Sewell change?nothing. Another year of getting hit more than any qb in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not at all... say we get Sewell. What does that change? Absolutely nothing as far as oline. Saw a stat today that 90 percent of pressures has come from the interior of the oline. So I ask again what does getting Sewell change?nothing. Another year of getting hit more than any qb in the league.

Sewell is going to be the BPA, and he plays an extremely important position. Plus on the OL an elite player can make the guy next to him better.

Nobody on our OL is good enough to not be upgraded. Jonah is obviously the best, but he can move to RT and we have our bookends for the next decade.

Reply/Quote
The reality of what happened to Joe says you take Sewell. Take a De in round two. And then a guard...it's a very deep class here, in round three. I don't want to live thru another Sunday like that again....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We will be drafting #3.  We aren't passing the Jags or the Jets.

You take Sewell and NEVER look back.

Yep.

Jags are 3 games ahead of the Bengals because the Bengals beat them, and they have the following games remaining: CLE, MIN, TEN, BAL, CHI, IND. They probably don't win another game.

Jets are also 3 games ahead of the Bengals and have the following games remaining: MIA, LV, SEA, LAR, CLE, NE
They probably only win 1 game at best, which would be NE.

For the Bengals, I really like Sewell, but I honestly would be very worried with this coaching staff to make the right choice for if/where he would start.
Would they move on from Hart in favor of Sewell? Hart is the guy they've adamantly defended, and he has been the 2nd or 3rd best OL on the team this year.
Would they push Jonah to RT or OG and then put Sewell at LT? Jonah has been the best OL, so I doubt they'd be willing to move him.

Regardless, Michael Jordan should not get another start the rest of the season. Jordan's continued to be bad in the pass game, and it was he who got pushed back right into Burrow. OGs need to be Spain and XSF/Adeniji. For next season, I could see the Bengals trading back to get a bunch of picks and getting a stud OG (or two) if they are stubborn about keeping Jonah and Hart at OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote