Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexy Rexy For DC?
So the talk is Zac Taylor surrounding himself with older experienced OC and DC and was wondering what everyones thought was getting Rex Ryan for DC? He's not a great head coach for sure but at DC he's really produced top defenses. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Rex's sell by date probably expired and he'll remain in the back of the fridge until it's finally cleaned out in another 30 years. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 05:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: So the talk is Zac Taylor surrounding himself with older experienced OC and DC  and was wondering what everyones thought was getting Rex Ryan for DC? He's not a great head coach for sure but at DC he's really produced top defenses. Thoughts?

I wonder if his personality would allow him to be the second banana, especially to such a young guy.

Also, seems lik the last time he took over a defense, he screwed the pooch.

Whoever it ends up being, I want to see two things from the start.

Tackling.

Stop the short and intermediate middle of the field from being a tropical paradise complete with free noshes and Mai Tais.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd love to have him as a DC considering who is all available. But I think he is pretty comfy with ESPN and I don't know if he wants to get back into coaching anymore.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan would forced a change to 34 defense 2 gap up front. It would take away from what alot of the Bengals defense does best. But if he was here a few years he would build a really good 34 defense.

Personally even if they switch to a 34 I'd like it to be gradually and use a single gap scheme up front.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 06:06 PM)McC Wrote: Stop the short and intermediate middle of the field from being a tropical paradise complete with free noshes and Mai Tais.

That got a proper belly laugh from me Big Grin
Reply/Quote
No. There is a reason he isn’t in football. I read the other day he wants back into football at a HC level and literally no one wants him.
Reply/Quote
Rex is the only Ryan I'd take. His brother sucked as a DC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
With Rex do we get Rob Too? Rob has the better hair
Reply/Quote
I do not want his goofy @ss here.
Reply/Quote
no thanks, Jack Del Rio please
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 06:41 PM)Fullrock Wrote: I do not want his goofy @ss here.

That's the thing.  It ain't the coaching part.  It's the goofy part.  That's the Ryan DNA.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Del Rio is retired yall. He isn't coming out of retirement for the Bengals. That's a Marvin guy. If Marvin couldn't get him out of retirement last year then there's no longer a connection to the Bengals. Certainly not one worthy of him coming out of retirement for.

Looks like the DC will be an inexperienced one. Making the OC hire all the more important.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 06:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Del Rio is retired yall. He isn't coming out of retirement for the Bengals. That's a Marvin guy. If Marvin couldn't get him out of retirement last year then there's no longer a connection to the Bengals. Certainly not one worthy of him coming out of retirement for.

Looks like the DC will be an inexperienced one. Making the OC hire all the more important.

Did Marvin try to talk him out of retirement?

Being a Marvin guy doesn't mean he wouldn't work for anybody else, does it?  Guys have been coming out of retirement all over the place lately.

Reply/Quote
There ain't anything sexy about this:

[Image: rex-ryan-rob-ryan.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Thinking Rex is out of his league now. Probably needs to stay away.

Reply/Quote
Thoughts are the same as every other time he has been brought up for this job....no.
Reply/Quote
No. If the browns maintain the same approach, the DC will have at least some input outside of just calling plays. Drafting, scheme, etx .I'd rather not have rex near that.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 06:06 PM)McC Wrote: I wonder if his personality would allow him to be the second banana, especially to such a young guy.

Also, seems lik the last time he took over a defense, he screwed the pooch.

Whoever it ends up being, I want to see two things from the start.

Tackling.

Stop the short and intermediate middle of the field from being a tropical paradise complete with free noshes and Mai Tais.

I doubt it ?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I doubt it ?

No member of that family tree has ever been worth a damn at fading into the background.

I think the league has turned the page on the Klan Ryan.

Reply/Quote