Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shade 53

1. This is part prediction, part wish-list. My biggest questions are about Greg Little and Margus Hunt. It came down to keeping some UDFA that won't (in my view) last on the PS who I think could help us during the season.  Keep in mind, that I'm keeping Burfict and Ced U. on the PUP list. Injuries happen. We'll have room for them by the time they come back. 
  1. Jones, Adam CB 
  2. Kirkpatrick, Dre CB 
  3. Dennard, Darqueze CB 
  4. Hall, Leon CB/S 
  5. Shaw, Josh CB
  6. Iloka, George S 
  7. Nelson, Reggie S 
  8. Smith, Derron S 
  9. Williams, Shawn S
  10. Hawk, A.J. LB 
  11. Maualuga, Rey LB
  12. Rey, Vincent LB 
  13. Lamur, Emmanuel LB 
  14. Carter, Chris LB 
  15. Dawson, P.J. LB 
  16. Flowers, Marquis LB
  17. Johnson, Michael  DE
  18.  Clarke, Will DE  
  19. Dunlap, Carlos DE 
  20.  Gilberry, Wallace DE/DT
  21. Atkins, Geno DT 
  22. Peko, Domata DT 
  23.  Hardison, Marcus DT/DE
  24.  Sims, Pat DT
  25.  Williams, DeShawn DT – He's shown too much. He'll be a great backup for Geno. Kept him over Thompson
  26. Bodine, Russell C 
  27. Boling, Clint G 
  28. Hopkins, Trey G/C or TJ Johnson, Flip a coin
  29. Zeitler, Kevin G 
  30. Fisher, Jake OT 
  31. Smith, Andre OT 
  32. Whitworth, Andrew  OT 
  33. Winston, Eric OT
  34. Eifert, Tyler TE 
  35. Kroft, Tyler TE 
  36. Uzomah, C.J. TE 
  37. Hewitt, Ryan H-B 
  38. Bernard, Giovani HB 
  39. Burkhead, Rex HB 
  40. Hill, Jeremy HB 
  41. Watson, Terrell HB –  I keep him because he's a legit replacement for Hill if he gets dinged
  42. Peerman, Cedric HB
  43. Alford, Mario  WR 
  44. Green, A.J. WR  
  45. Jones, Marvin  WR 
  46. Kumerow, Jake  WR – 
  47. Sanu, Mohamed  WR
  48. Tate, Brandon  WR 
  49. Dalton, Andy  QB
  50. McCarron, AJ  QB
  51. Nugent, Mike K 
  52. Harris, Clark LS 
  53.  Huber, Kevin P 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't see them keeping 3 TEs, 5 RBs, 6 WRs and a FB. I think that they might go light on receiver considering that Burkhead could fill in in a pinch, and they will most likely not keep Watson or Peerman at HB.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Like the idea of carrying 5 RBs instead of 9 olineman honestly, probably feel safer if France or someone was on the PS than if Watson was there.

Seems unlikely in reality, but we kept 7 WRs that one time so I won't rule anything out.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:42 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I can't see them keeping 3 TEs, 5 RBs, 6 WRs and a FB.  I think that they might go light on receiver considering that Burkhead could fill in in a pinch, and they will most likely not keep Watson or Peerman at HB.

Tate makes it for 1 reason. Returns. Alford or Kumerow would have to go on PS. I'd keep Kumerow.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to wonder about Hawk now. Is he worth holding onto? Can Flowers or Dawson do what he is doing at the WLB position?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:46 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Like the idea of carrying 5 RBs instead of 9 olineman honestly, probably feel safer if France or someone was on the PS than if Watson was there.

Seems unlikely in reality, but we kept 7 WRs that one time so I won't rule anything out.

I like Carter over Flowers, so I cut Flowers

I like Thompson over Williams (Williams to Practice squad)

I keep Hunt to replace Flowers

I keep TJ Johnson and Trey Hopkins (Watson to the practice squad)

I keep Little of Kumerow (Kumerow to practice squad) as Little is better special team option plus has more experience
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Like I has been pointed out we won't carry 5 running backs, and the only reason we will carry 4 is for Peerman. If Peerman isn't cut this week, my guess is he will be on the team. I feel like he is a guy they would have cut early to give him a chance to latch on with another team.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: Like I has been pointed out we won't carry 5 running backs, and the only reason we will carry 4 is for Peerman. If Peerman isn't cut this week, my guess is he will be on the team. I feel like he is a guy they would have cut early to give him a chance to latch on with another team.

I'm pretty sure we keep 4 and the 4th will be Peerman, but I think they're going to look at the 3 running backs (Watson, Peerman and Wilder) this week before we decide on who stays.   In this case I don't think they've decided and that takes precedence over giving any of them the best chance to catch on with another club.
Reply/Quote
Watson and Wilder will have to have great special team showings on Thursday to be kept over Peerman.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just a point: It's actually somewhat of a detriment going into this season with only one real injury (Wright) to our starters. Why? Because when we cut to 53 we have to let go a lot of talent. If we have a few injuries to some better talent whom we put on IR, that gives us a pool of great talent NEXT year. A bit upside-down, but a healthy group entering the season actually hurts us a bit down the road. Plus it gives the head office less leverage to work with if say Williams would have gotten hurt and put on IR and Geno's contract was coming up. We have a lot of free agents and having that reserve is a bit of a relief. We won't have much of that next year.

I'd still rather have a fully healthy group though and see what we can do THIS year firing on all cylinders!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 08:26 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Just a point:  It's actually somewhat of a detriment going into this season with only one real injury (Wright) to our starters.  Why?  Because when we cut to 53 we have to let go a lot of talent.  If we have a few injuries to some better talent whom we put on IR, that gives us a pool of great talent NEXT year.  A bit upside-down, but a healthy group entering the season actually hurts us a bit down the road.  Plus it gives the head office less leverage to work with if say Williams would have gotten hurt and put on IR and Geno's contract was coming up.  We have a lot of free agents and having that reserve is a bit of a relief.  We won't have much of that next year.

I'd still rather have a fully healthy group though and see what we can do THIS year firing on all cylinders!

On the bright side, we will be supplying the bottom feeding teams with some unexpected talent.  As opposed to a few years back, when we were the hopeful beneficiaries of that unexpected talent getting cut..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:57 PM)SFmajor Wrote: I'm beginning to wonder about Hawk now.  Is he worth holding onto?  Can Flowers or Dawson do what he is doing at the WLB position?

Right? But I can't discount his experience. If 58 or 55 goes down, there's an immediate veteran void. Hawk is a Pro Bowler and he's won in the playoffs, not to mention he's an Ohioan. It was a good signing for all the right reasons.
Reply/Quote