Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shady's Last Mock of 2018
1 Mike McGlinchey Notre Dame OT
2 Frank Ragnow Arkansas C (unless Price is there?)
3 Skai Moore S. Carolina OLB
3 Wyatt Teller Va. Tech OG
4 Josey Jewell Iowa ILB
5 Godwin Igwebuike Northwestern FS
5 Nathan Shepherd Fort Hays State DT
5 Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma
7 Ade Aruna, DE, Tulane
7 Antonio Callaway Florida W
7 Ito Smith | RB | Southern Mississippi

If I ran this team, I would not mess around. Fix the damn Oline!

I’m taking  

Mike McGlinchey Notre Dame OT at 21

and

Frank Ragnow Arkansas C at 46 (unless Price is there?)

If McGlinchey doesn’t fall to us, then I take Wynn. I’m not going to do to Andy and AJ what our Oline did to them last year and earlier. And I’m not going to waste Mixon’s talent while he’s here.

I’m going to get a guard with the second pick in the 3rd Round. With the first pick, I’m taking the biggest defensive playmaker left on the board in an area of real need. How often can you describe an LB as a serious ballhawk? That fits

76 Skai Moore S. Carolina OLB

“Since freshman year Skai Moore has led the team in tackles and is 4 interceptions away from the school record in interceptions for a career. One of the best Linebackers in the SEC and the country. After neck surgery that sat him out the 2016 campaign, the 5th year senior looks to bounce back and show the SEC, NCAA, and NFL what us Gamecocks already know... that he is a monster.:”

Now I’ll take a guard who might have been a second round pick had he not taken his senior season off. With the 100th pick, I take

Wyatt Teller Va. Tech OG.

I hear he was not the same guy he was in 2016. Pollack thinks he can get him to work.  
Voila! We just rebuilt our Oline.

I’m taking another LB in the 4th.

Josey Jewell Iowa ILB

I love this kid. All the cliches apply:

1. Blue Collar
    Hard Nosed
    Lunch Bucket/Pail

He will rock you, and he can defend the pass.

With the first of our 5th Round picks, I’m getting a free safety.

Godwin Igwebuike Northwestern FS.  [Image: watch?v=GvRdpXNufSo]

Shawn Williams has improved every year, but he’s not the free safety that this guy is, Igwebuike is a real playmaker and locker room leader.

Our Line needs some attention. Adding Chris Baker was a big addition, so didn’t need a DT in the early rounds (Vea was gone before 21).  This kid visited the Bengals:

Nathan Shepherd Fort Hays State  DT

I think I like Brian Hill, but I want a RB that offers us something different than either Mixon or Gio: SIZE.

Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma

Flowers is 6.2 and 247 lbs. He can run, and he can get open and catch passes. Also gets YAC. I think he can replace Peerman on STs, too.

I’m taking

Ade Aruna, DE, Tulane

with our firth 7th Round pick. Maybe he’s another Moch, but he showed some potential. Maybe Burney can coach him up.

Next, I’m adding another competitor at WR

Antonio Callaway  Florida WR

“For the past two seasons, Antonio Callaway has unquestionably been the best player in the Gators' offense. The electric playmaker is the 21st player in FBS history to score a touchdown in 5 different ways. Callaway has eclipsed 85 receptions and 1300 receiving yards to go along with 11”

Finally, maybe this guy can return punts and.or kicks better than Erickson.

Ito Smith | RB | Southern Mississippi
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty good!
Reply/Quote
Seems really early to go after Skai Moore, but if you REALLY like him and you don't think he'll be there in Rd 4, I guess go for it. I'd prefer Darius Leonard or Shaquem Griffin over Moore personally.

Would be stoked for McGlinchey and Ragnow. Jewell is a favorite of mine as well. I like Iggy as a Day 3 safety prospect.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Would be very pleased with this draft as it attacks most all need aggressively.

Nice work Shady

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 12:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Seems really early to go after Skai Moore, but if you REALLY like him and you don't think he'll be there in Rd 4, I guess go for it. I'd prefer Darius Leonard or Shaquem Griffin over Moore personally.

Would be stoked for McGlinchey and Ragnow. Jewell is a favorite of mine as well. I like Iggy as a Day 3 safety prospect.

I actually did a big board, which was hard because different sites have such different rankings. Based on who was available and our priorities, it's what I came up with. I'd be happy with any of the guys you mention, especially Griffin.

Moore and Iggy are take-away machines according to what I saw and what stats say. Our D is prioritizing take aways, that's how I ended up with them.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote