Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq Barret Visit
You can never have enough pass rushers. I’ agree with Fred. He’s here to replace or sub with Lawson.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If i read correctly the history of hip injuries is greatly concerning to me

Well he did make it back to play at the end of the year. So hopefully we do a physical and everything checks out ok. 

I want this to happen. 

This would be a free agency move to get excited about. 
Reply/Quote
So has he been here yet or what?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So has he been here yet or what?

From Hobson yesterday after the Webb signing...

'Bills right guard John Miller and Denver pass rusher/linebacker Shaq Barrett, are in town, according to reports.'
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Hobson yesterday after the Webb signing...

'...they’ve left room to host visits Friday. Two young starters, age 26 in Bills right guard John Miller and Denver pass rusher/linebacker Shaq Barrett, are in town, according to reports.'

I like how Hobson says 'according to reports'...like he doesn't know directly from the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Hobson yesterday after the Webb signing...

'Bills right guard John Miller and Denver pass rusher/linebacker Shaq Barrett, are in town, according to reports.'

Good catch. I must have skimmed right over that. It also said "they've left room to host visits Friday"right before that.

I was thrown off because we were also seeing reports Poole was visiting and he signed with the Jets. And the reports i read yesterday said he was visiting Thursday. 

Fingers crossed we dont let him out of the building without a contract today.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:59 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: You can never have enough pass rushers.  I’ agree with Fred.  He’s here to replace or sub  with Lawson.

As I've said before, don't expect much out of Lawson this year. It usually takes DL's 2 years to get back to form after knee surgery. We also have to consider that with Glasgow.... I want them both back, but don't expect much from either until next year...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good catch. I must have skimmed right over that. It also said "they've left room to host visits Friday"right before that.

I was thrown off because we were also seeing reports Poole was visiting and he signed with the Jets. And the reports i read yesterday said he was visiting Thursday. 

Fingers crossed we dont let him out of the building without a contract today.

Well, they got Miller. It would be awesome if they signed Barrett today as well.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Yes, please sign him as well. Miller and Barrett would be nice value additions.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To the Bucs for 1 year $5 million

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And we're back to the usual Bengal MO where players visit, leave and sign elsewhere. We should already have all players pre-scouted and only invite those we plan to sign and then do whatever has to be done to sign them.
Reply/Quote
Wow...this guy could have really helped this team and they have him in for a visit and instead of locking him in he signs for 1 year 5 million with the Bucs. I am really not seeing where we have improved the lowest ranked Defense with this free agency so far?
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
He said he wanted to start and not be a role player.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He said he wanted to start and not be a role player.

Hmmm.....so wouldn't he be starting over MJ?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hmmm.....so wouldn't he be starting over MJ?

I'm hoping for something more along the lines of he wouldn't start over Sam Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He said he wanted to start and not be a role player.

All I have seen is a Tampa Bay guy named Mike Klis say that he talked to him and he really wanted to stay in Denver but it didn't work out and that he will compete for a starting spot as an outside linebacker in the Bucs 3-4 defense
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hmmm.....so wouldn't he be starting over MJ?

MJ is a free agent

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No big deal. I'd rather them sign a true 3 down 4-3 linebacker anyway.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:30 PM)pally Wrote: MJ is a free agent

Let's hope it stays that way.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well that sucks. I guess he wanted us to tell him he would be a starter. Which there is no way we could do with Hubbard ready to go.
Reply/Quote