Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq Barret Visit
(03-15-2019, 03:28 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm hoping for something more along the lines of he wouldn't start over Sam Hubbard.

(03-15-2019, 03:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well that sucks. I guess he wanted us to tell him he would be a starter. Which there is no way we could do with Hubbard ready to go.

Yeah.....keep forgetting about Hubbard.  I've been so used to #90 out there starting for what seems like an eternity. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Typical/standard free agency season for Bengals.

2019 is going to be a hard season for our side.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:13 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Typical/standard free agency season for Bengals.

2019 is going to be a hard season for our side.

Well, we've atleast slightly upgraded at Guard.

IF we can hit on our 1st Round pick...that's another upgrade.

Then, we need to hope for abnormally good health.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, we've atleast slightly upgraded at Guard.

We were young last year too. And started out hot. If we didnt lose our starting QB probably make the playoffs. Its not all doom and gloom. 

I wanted Shaq. But the draft is loaded with pass rushers. And if we signed him it makes it hard to find a spot on the 53 for a rookie there. Dunlap Hubbard Lawson Willis. One more about does it. Unless we count Lawson as a LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, we've atleast slightly upgraded at Guard.

Don't forget how well we tend to do in the second round. 

And a last place schedule won't hurt.

The older guys will be a year older but so will the young guys, which may mean they'll be better.  A couple guys who played hurt most of last year might not suffer the same fate this year.

And we more than likely won't be playing the same soft ass defensive schemes we played for over half of last year. 

Abnormally good health would be great but even reasonably good health would make a huge difference.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
There are still a bunch of good DE/OLB left out there.

Of course, we'll not darken their doorsteps, but they're out there.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Would have liked to have him sign with the good guys, but oh well. Purely speculation on my part, but I'd guess we were trying to get him to sign a multiyear deal at his current value as a backup.
Reply/Quote